Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS3 Move, should I buy it?

This is a discussion on PS3 Move, should I buy it? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm thinking about getting a Move but haven't played with one yet. Are they fun and worth the purchase or ...

Undead Destroyer

PS3 Move, should I buy it?

I'm thinking about getting a Move but haven't played with one yet. Are they fun and worth the purchase or is it just a waste of money? I have a Wii that I never play and was thinking about trading it in on the Move.

If I do get one, what all do I get with it. I know I need the Move motion controller and Eye but should I get a second Move motion controller and the navigation controller? I have a couple games already that have Move support (LBP2 for example) but are there any must haves out there?

Check Those Corners

Sports champions is the only one that I have and the only one that looks intresting to me... sorcery has been calling my name though... so sorcery, sports champions, i heard eyepet is fun. tons of fun games for the move out there, i just have never gotten around to buying more of them which i am going to soon.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

if its cheap then buy it. their are some good games on it like sorcery

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Stay golden, Ponyboy

The Move is pretty cool. I wouldn't really know about a lot of games but the few I have are pretty fun. The pack I got came with the Eye, one Motion controller, and Sports Champions, which is an amazing game. I would suggest you get another Motion controller as a lot of the games almost require two, if anything two makes the game better. I would also recommend The Shoot if you like the arcade like shooting games, targets pop up and you have to shoot them before they disappear and stuff.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

I started a thread like this before the website's blackout.
    It was remade by someone else. Take a look

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...ove-worth.html
    It's just a flesh wound.

Prayer Warrior

sorcery is the ONLY game worth playing and isn't broken. i would personally save your money and buy a 360 with kinect if you want motion controlled gaming. i bought my wife a 360 with kinect for her birthday last year and with in a week i sold my move stuff and bought all kinds of great kinect games.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    sorcery is the ONLY game worth playing and isn't broken. i would personally save your money and buy a 360 with kinect if you want motion controlled gaming. i bought my wife a 360 with kinect for her birthday last year and with in a week i sold my move stuff and bought all kinds of great kinect games.
    Imo, being 14 I should like the kinect, but I think it's really bad. I have Kinect Adventures, and 2 other games, and they aren't fun at all. It is very accurate though.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by iiYodel4Fun View Post
    Imo, being 14 I should like the kinect, but I think it's really bad. I have Kinect Adventures, and 2 other games, and they aren't fun at all. It is very accurate though.
    if you don't have the right games the kinect isn't really fun. the two best games i have is kinect sports season 1 and 2. they are both very accurate and very fun to play. give them a try pal

Check Those Corners

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    if you don't have the right games the kinect isn't really fun. the two best games i have is kinect sports season 1 and 2. they are both very accurate and very fun to play. give them a try pal
    The kinect had some broken games, actually I only recall about 2 or 3 of them being somewhat enjoyable. But, like my post, no offense Sparxey but I would never buy a system just for like 5 games.

Undead Destroyer

It's tempting but I may wait until there is a better selection of games before I proceed. If it really isn't much better than the Wii, the Move will wind up collecting dust as well.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    The kinect had some broken games, actually I only recall about 2 or 3 of them being somewhat enjoyable. But, like my post, no offense Sparxey but I would never buy a system just for like 5 games.
    there are a lot of broken games for the kinect there's no doubt about it but i didn't buy the 360 just for the kinect games i own. my wife wanted her own system and since we already own a ps3 she wanted a 360 so i got her one. but you have to admit the kinect is way better than the move

Lvl 7 - Gold

with Sports Champions 2 coming, i would say there are enough fun titles to purchase the move.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just started playing Dead Space Extraction, and it uses the Move, its been my favorite Move using title so far. Sports Champions is ok but gets repetative and boring, and Eyepet is fun if your 4.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by RuffSeks View Post
    I just started playing Dead Space Extraction, and it uses the Move, its been my favorite Move using title so far. Sports Champions is ok but gets repetative and boring, and Eyepet is fun if your 4.
    I can agree with this. Dead Space extraction is very fun using the move. I also have enjoyed Sports champions and am looking forward to sports champions 2. I have other games for the move like The Shoot and House of the Dead Overkill. Haven't got around to playing the last 2.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

NSFW

There is a good selection of fun Move games.

LittleBigPlanet 2 (with the Move DLC)
    Tumble
    Echochrome 2
    The Shoot
    Playstation Move Heroes (Shut up, I like it)
    Carnival Island
    Medieval Moves
    Dead Space: Extraction
    I've also heard that Sorcery, EyePet, Sports Champions and Start the Party should be pretty good too.
    There is also a lot of games that have Move features, like Killzone 3, Resistance 3, House of the Dead, Dungeon Defenders, Goldeneye 007: Reloaded, Child of Eden and de blob 2.

I like it, but it definitely is more hit for the casual crowd.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    There is a good selection of fun Move games.

LittleBigPlanet 2 (with the Move DLC)
    Tumble
    Echochrome 2
    The Shoot
    Playstation Move Heroes (Shut up, I like it)
    Carnival Island
    Medieval Moves
    Dead Space: Extraction
    I've also heard that Sorcery, EyePet, Sports Champions and Start the Party should be pretty good too.
    There is also a lot of games that have Move features, like Killzone 3, Resistance 3, House of the Dead, Dungeon Defenders, Goldeneye 007: Reloaded, Child of Eden and de blob 2.

I like it, but it definitely is more hit for the casual crowd.
    This, and The Amazing Spider-Man has Move support.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

Is an extra i suggest is better buying the package with game and camera included

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mguyer View Post
    It's tempting but I may wait until there is a better selection of games before I proceed. If it really isn't much better than the Wii, the Move will wind up collecting dust as well.
    It has a ton of selection of games due to them adding support for it in tons of games. Now is it better than the Wii for motion controlling? Big time. It really shines in FPS'er games if you become good enough to use it. You have an unfair advantage against controller users. Now do you need the navigation controller with it? For maybe 4-5 games yes, otherwise no you don't really need it or want it. Just take a look at games that support it and see if you'd be interested in it. Now Sports Champions is one of the cleanest and responsive games I've ever seen in my life. It's beautiful.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Kid, not loser

Look at it this way... You will have more games to play, you will have more ways to play other games., you will have a much broader selection on everything once you do... GET IT.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I enjoy playing sports champions with the move and have heard that there is a sports champions 2 that is in the works also the
    the fight lights out is a lot of fun but will tire you out quickly but to be honest I play my move less than an hour or so a month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast