Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hardest 1 Player Platinums

This is a discussion on Hardest 1 Player Platinums within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; In Your Opinion what are the hardest not longest grind fest games out there?? Or 100% games...

Forget I Was Ever Here

Hardest 1 Player Platinums

In Your Opinion what are the hardest not longest grind fest games out there?? Or 100% games

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

off the top of my mind, i would say catherine. the games hard mode................... forget about it

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Yeah Catherine i ll 2nd that

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    off the top of my mind, i would say catherine. the games hard mode................... forget about it
    I actually have this game and I dislike it so much!! but I will do it if it's real hard. Have you beating it on hard El Jefe

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    I actually have this game and I dislike it so much!! but I will do it if it's real hard. Have you beating it on hard El Jefe
    Yeah, the puzzling is its only real worthy attribute after the first playthrough, a good bit of replay appeal, I could never get over it. An absolute beast on Hard mode, as is BABEL. DUM DUM DUMMMM

IT'S A KILLER; DO NOT DIE.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Demon Souls for me. If you don't play online and and have people help you with dropping items it can be very tough. I spent around 130 hours and 7 playthroughs before I got the plat. Still is my most satisfying plat.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

PRO Member

Metal gear solid 2 is a really hard platinum requires you to do a lot if playthroughs and then the vr missions which are a pain to to do

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Ice Cream Firefighter

Sonic Unleashed has been the hardest plat I have faced & conquered

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

RPG Master

I'm surprised no one mentioned Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope. That game requires 900 battle trophies to get the platinum with some of them having "Kill 30,000 enemies with this character." The platinum alone takes at least 300 hours to acquire.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Out of all the games I have played Yakuza 3 was the hardest most rewarding 1 player game platinum I got. The hard part about the game is mastering the minigames and the ultimate skill challenges. Other 1 player platinums I heard were very hard include Catherine, Metal Gear Solid 2, Mirror's Edge, Shadow of the Colossus, Sonic Unleashed, and Vanquish.

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by cdm-25 View Post
    Metal gear solid 2 is a really hard platinum requires you to do a lot if playthroughs and then the vr missions which are a pain to to do
    +1. Vanquish is one I didn't really think was all that tough but it's one that's given a lot of people problems. The challenges will definitely challenge you. I personally found Mirror's Edge to be a rather tough one as well, those speed runs are hard. Those are the ones I've personally played. Although I haven't played it on PS3, Silent Hill 2 is God hard as well. Requirements for one trophy are borderline retarded.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

PRO Member

I found Demon's Souls to be a bit of a challenge and but it's somewhat time consuming(100+ hour plat).

Bionic Commando Rearmed and Mega Man 10 are challenging PSN games i've played.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope. That game requires 900 battle trophies to get the platinum with some of them having "Kill 30,000 enemies with this character." The platinum alone takes at least 300 hours to acquire.
    The title is hardest NOT longest read title first . cod classic was my hardest plat.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Is this Star Ocean 4 an anime game?!

I see a lot of people say Demon Souls as well nice I'm gonna have to pick that up I don't have that one

Lvl 6 - Silver

This platinum is grindy, not difficult. Very few of the trophies or individual battle trophies are actually all that difficult to pull off.... they just may take you a while. Those achievements that are more difficult can be cheesed to some degree by playing on the lowest difficulty level -- e.g. "defeating the hardest Optional Boss" (just striking the killing blow) in a particular window of time, and with your weakest character who has very few attacks that even hurt her.

Catherine (mentioned above) is probably closer than anything else I've played and beaten. It's hard -- and the final level of Babel is bugged in the disc-based U.S. release (not sure about the PSN download version) -- but there's enough YouTube videos out there that can walk one through many of the necessary steps to get that platinum.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 6 - Silver

I haven't played any of the above so my hardest was COD world at war with all the 'nade spamming and re-spawning enemies. What mad it even worse was a bug that reset all my played levels so I had to go through them again

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdm-25 View Post
    MGS2 drove me insane. But I eventually powered through it.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Bleach no doubt is a 150 - 200hour platinum plus is get freaking boring to level up all characters

Lvl 4 - Silver

It takes a lot more than 300 hours I would say 600+ hours "Kill 30,000 enemies with this character." takes 40-45 hours and you have to do it with 2 characters. so 80 hours just for 2 battle trophies and the total is 900

This game is not only time consuming as some people may say. In my opinion its also hard. Beating the game in Chaos and killing the final optional boss in less than 10 minutes giving the last hit with one specific character is not easy at all considering you need to grind a 3-4 hours dungeon before fighting her without any save point.

PRO Member

Mirror's Edge 100% is difficult
    Thexder Neo 100% was tough, not many people know about that game... there is one online trophy but it's just to play 1 match online

Sig by Smashguy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast