More PS All Stars Details revealed at last nights EVO

This is a discussion on More PS All Stars Details revealed at last nights EVO within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Last night at EVO, Superbot Entertainment confirmed even more details on its fighter Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. The game ...

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

More PS All Stars Details revealed at last nights EVO

Last night at EVO, Superbot Entertainment confirmed even more details on its fighter Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. The game is set for release on October 23rd. Some of the details i'm going to present you with are a little old, but there are some new juicy details for you.

Here are the following details that were confirmed at last nights EVO. I hope you like what you see. Just remember to leave feedback. Please and Thank You!

The details:
    • Most (almost all) characters in the game will feature the original voice actors
    • There will be a final boss and “PlayStation fans will get it” (Kevin Butler?)
    • Upcoming character reveals will be from both 1st and 3rd party games, more being unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con
    • There is an infinite combo avoidance system
    • 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 modes will be included
    • 3 different throws: Up, down, forward
    • “Our characters have a lot more maneuverability than other fighting game characters.”
    • To score in the game, you need to build up AP and unleash unblockable Super attack

PS All Stars Battle Royale is set to release on October 23rd (NA) and October 24th (Europe) for PS3 and PS VITA.

Source: PlayStation All-Stars Final Boss "PS Fans Will Get It", New Characters Will Be From 1st And 3rd Party Games | Video Games News, Reviews, Release Dates

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

NSFW

I wonder why they wont give out more maps. Oh well it seems to be an okay game.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Change is mediocre

Still so excited for this. Thanks for the info Mailman!

INTJ

you forgot this

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Director Responds To Comparisons

PlayStation All Stars is it’s own game. I think that’s really the only way I can answer that. I understand that Smash players -some Smash players, not all Smash players do this- will sort of base how successful PlayStation All Stars as a game is on how accurately it recreates the Smash Brother’s experience. But that’s not really our goal.

Our goal is to create a unique combat experience for PlayStation All Stars that we fully admit borrows from many different kinds of games including Smash, but our goal is not solely replicate the Smash Brother’s experience.

NSFW

You seem to be missing the point. SSB has with a few other franchises defined the more casual form of fighting games. PAS is further expanding that experience on to PS3. This isn't about how much PAS resembles SSB, but how the game can hold up on it's own in that genre. While we are on the subject though, the whole way the fighting systems is portrayed is vastly different and dare I say better than SSB? Due to fact, that you can only knock out people with special moves, forces you fight, instead of SSB where you can Camp in the corner while others duke it out, and give a cheap hit every once in a while. And while we're at, what exactly is the problem of it being similar to SSB? It's not like Nintendo has heavy competition on a freaking Sony console. I do not see any reasoning of this childish bitching and whining from you and other Nintendo fanboys, because even if it did make competition for the SSB, which is apparently what you guys are afraid of, since you bantalk it so, it would just force Nintendo to make a better SSB and give the market growth. You have NOTHING to complain about or make that sarcastic snobbery you usually do, because 1) The game can't hurt anybody 2) It has vast different set pieces than SSB (the controls, resemble more traditional fighting games (with the , and control scheme)) 3) It's bringing it to a place Nintendo has no control over anyways and 4) It was fan who asked for this to begin with.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Kid, not loser

YEAH... I cannot believe they admitted to something that EVERY developer should admit to. SHAME ON THEM

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Change is mediocre

Wasn't it blatantly obvious anyway? At least they didn't say it was completely original.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Ythe whole way the fighting systems is portrayed is vastly different and dare I say better than SSB? Due to fact, that you can only knock out people with special moves, forces you fight, instead of SSB where you can Camp in the corner while others duke it out, and give a cheap hit every once in a while.
    That's the part that I just can't seem to get past yet. I hate the fact that I can use the Big Daddy for example and pummel Nathan Drake until my thumbs get sore and it makes no difference to the outcome whatsoever. Not until I decide to actual use my super move and then get a knockout. To me that's just stupid.

While I agree that in SB, you could potentially hide in a corner and let other players battle it out, people notice this and will eventually come for you. If they don't and they later die cause you had more lives and a lower damage percentage then that's their won fault. However, with Playstation All Stars, I could be a better player than everyone else, dodging and hitting people as I please but until I get points by using one stupid move, it means nothing and doesn't benefit me at all.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    That's the part that I just can't seem to get past yet. I hate the fact that I can use the Big Daddy for example and pummel Nathan Drake until my thumbs get sore and it makes no difference to the outcome whatsoever. Not until I decide to actual use my super move and then get a knockout. To me that's just stupid.

While I agree that in SB, you could potentially hide in a corner and let other players battle it out, people notice this and will eventually come for you. If they don't and they later die cause you had more lives and a lower damage percentage then that's their won fault. However, with Playstation All Stars, I could be a better player than everyone else, dodging and hitting people as I please but until I get points by using one stupid move, it means nothing and doesn't benefit me at all.
    Well if you're only getting one kill, then you should rethink things. This game is more strategic than SSB. It's a more economic game than Smash. Do I save up for a level 3, or would I get three kills with this level of super?
    Besides, you seem to forget that attacking is what builds the meter. If you're hiding in a corner, then you're going to get destroyed because you aren't out there punching. But if you're the great player you speak of then that shouldn't be a problem now, right?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

As long as there isn't a mastery trophy like Mortal Kombat, I'm in. Who am I kidding....I'm in anyway.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I hear the feedback from the people who played it at EVO 2012 is mostly positive, and I think it's pretty smart to kind of "beta test" your fighter at an event that's made for the best fighting game players in the world, and fighting game fans and getting direct feedback from the people who are going to make or break your game directly.

From what I gather the game is a lot more in-depth that what originally was set out and there is a much more cerebral and strategic aspect to figuring out when to attack and when not to, and whether or not a level 1 super is best, or a level 3 (was intrigued to hear that you can only use whatever super you have built up [I.E. you can't use three lvl 1s if your bar is level 3, only what you have built up]). All of the moves set in place to not allow for cheap tactics and infinite unbreakable combos along with the 2 vs 2 mode (which brings a whole new added element to the game and strategy) has definitely piqued my interest more than what it was pre-EVO 2012.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    not to mention knocking someone into space in ssb is satisfying as hell

(especially when they hit the tv screen on their way to death or twinkle in the background)

All stars will have that system built in, too bad it won't be the default.

Anyways, I'll Be at Pax Prime so ill be able to test out playstation allstars and give it the thumbs up or down before it comes out.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    not to mention knocking someone into space in ssb is satisfying as hell

(especially when they hit the tv screen on their way to death or twinkle in the background)

All stars will have that system built in, too bad it won't be the default.

Anyways, I'll Be at Pax Prime so ill be able to test out playstation allstars and give it the thumbs up or down before it comes out.
    I will base my judgement on yours. You Nintendo fanboy and ass kisser!