Some Final Fantasy News

This is a discussion on Some Final Fantasy News within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sorry about all the links I copied & pasted straight from IGN No further content will be released for Final ...

Ice Cream Firefighter

Some Final Fantasy News

Sorry about all the links I copied & pasted straight from IGN

No further content
    will be released for Final Fantasy XIII-2, but that doesn't mean Square Enix is done with Gran Pulse and Cocoon.
    In an interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu (via Andriasang), FFXIII and XIII-2 director Motomu Toriyama dropped some hints that we may soon be adventuring with Lightning once more.

When asked if Final Fantasy XIII would be a focus at the upcoming Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary event, he replied, "The [FFXIII-2] Lightning download content had an ending that left a feeling mystery and hope. The day when the meaning of this will come to light is not too far off."

Speculation about the possibility of a third instalment in Lightning's story has been rife since Final Fantasy XIII-2 ended with the words "to be continued", but this was later suggested to refer to DLC. Now though it seems the original idea could be closer to the mark.

Thankfully we won't have to wait too long to find out; the anniversary event mentioned by Toriyama is scheduled to take place at an art gallery in Shibuya from August 31.
    Despite the exciting realms of possibility this opens up, there are some drawbacks. Firstly, while it was never likely the team were going to start work on a Final Fantasy VII remakeanytime soon, this pretty much confirms it isn't a priority.
    Secondly, Toriyama had some ominous comments for anyone waiting for the HD remake of Final Fantasy X. It seems a release date is still nowhere near being set, as he explained, "Regarding HD conversions, there is a lot to look into, so please wait a bit more."

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 8 - Gold

interesting news. I just started to play FF 13 again, torturing myself past the game and now in the postgame.

I am willing to torture myself, being a huge fanboy of the series, but news like this makes my heart drop. Are they gonna make another junk Final Fantasy, where they experimented and failed? Or are they going to just keep giving us (IMO) junk games to "milk" the series for all its worth.

I have my own thoughts on FF13, and just hope they improve where that title failed, instead of just changing characters, locations, and asking for more money

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i hope they make a final fantasy xiii-3, this generation doesnt have enough ff games and i loved what they did for 2. all i hope is that their is more cgi cutscenes

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

im a fan of FF series but as a fan i rather see a new world already (hint) FF Versus 13
    there concepts fit my liking more so im looking forward to it
    i have ff13-2 and yet have started it
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    im a fan of FF series but as a fan i rather see a new world already (hint) FF Versus 13
    there concepts fit my liking more so im looking forward to it
    i have ff13-2 and yet have started it
    i agree. i never played my ff13-2 yet although i am gonna

THe thing about the series is they always separated one world from the previous ones. With 13 they experimented with alot (what i mean is many things changed, its up to you to decide if it was good or bad)

If they do make a 13-3, i will probably buy it, because i still believe in the FF series. Its up to square enix/soft/what ever to prove to me that this faith is logical, or just a waste of money

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im yet to play XIII-2 so this news seems interesting.

As for FFX remake, cant wait for any further news regarding it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would like to have a Final Fantasy 13-3 game to finish off the story. However I'm also waiting for Versus XIII and Final Fantasy X Hd.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

That Southern B****

I remember watching a video on the secret ending in 13-2 and one of the comments stated that there was a connection between it and Versus. I wonder now if Lightning will appear in it since all the games are supposedly in the same universe.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    I remember watching a video on the secret ending in 13-2 and one of the comments stated that there was a connection between it and Versus. I wonder now if Lightning will appear in it since all the games are supposedly in the same universe.

i question that because the cities look two different from each other and also the vehicles and way of life
    VERSUS 13 looks like a modern day or futuristic japan...and i remember reading something like that in a trailer
    but who knows maybe VERSUS takes place 100 years in the future
    all i know is i have to get back into FF and see where 13-2 leaves off to speculate much deeper
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

I wonder if this is more of a pride thing. Maybe the studio that made FFXlll and FFXlll-2 were disappointed in the response it got from fans so now they are going to try and go back and fix the mistakes. Or they could just be too lazy to go back to the drawing board and create a brand new world :p

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by missdreamer View Post
    I would like to have a Final Fantasy 13-3 game to finish off the story. However I'm also waiting for Versus XIII and Final Fantasy X Hd.
    I'm the same although i'm almost losing hope with Versus as its been 4 years since it was first announced and the waiting for it to be released is killing me.
    The Twilight Saga: A tale of a girl torn between beastiality and necrophilia.