(RUMOR) Guild Wars 2 for PS3 may b revealed at Gamescom 2012

This is a discussion on (RUMOR) Guild Wars 2 for PS3 may b revealed at Gamescom 2012 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; According to Gamescom's project managerGerald Bauser's Linkedin page there maybe a Guild Wars 2 for PS3 reveal at Gamescom 2012. ...

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

(RUMOR) Guild Wars 2 for PS3 may b revealed at Gamescom 2012

According to Gamescom's project managerGerald Bauser's Linkedin page there maybe a Guild Wars 2 for PS3 reveal at Gamescom 2012. So PS3 people if this is true what are your thoughts on it. I find this kind of interesting eventhough it is a rumor right now. All I can say right now though is that I guess we will see if it is true by watching Gamescom 2012.

Sorry there isn't a lot to the thread. Please leave feedback, so I know what you think.

Source: [UPDATE] Guild Wars 2 might come to PS3 -- PlayStation Universe

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I wouldn't get my hopes too high. I remember when the Diablo III talk was the rage, and that didn't exactly pan out to much of anything. I think this would bring Guild Wars 2 to an entirely new market, and vault them to the premiere MMORPG out there, finally cutting a major chunk out of those Blizzard blokes.

I don't really see a major flaw in not bringing it to the PlayStation 3, unless Sony is upset that somebody who isn't their own SOE is taking a major grasp out of the MMO market share.

Another reason to hype up Gamescom 2012 - as if it needed more.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Kid, not loser

It seems like Sony is getting with more PC developers. Now that cloud gaming is coming to the Playstation, I really think this is more of a possibility.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

illegal in 9 countries

I loved Guild Wars. If GW2 hits the PS3, the trophy requirements are either going to be the biggest grind ever or will barely scratch the surface of the game.

I put 3000+ hours in GW and still don't have the full set of single or multiplayer titles or full sets of weapons and armour. That's a scary prospect for a console game so like Rubicant, I'm not getting my hopes up.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes too high.
    i would.

i played it and i have to say it's one of the freshest and best mmo's i ever played

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Seeing as the original Guild Wars allowed you to use up to 8 skills on the battlefield at any one time, I doubt the PS3 controller would be well-suited for this if we can expect GW2 to introduce even bigger skill variety. The PVP aspect in particular would be heavily skewed towards PC gamers.

Other than that, like the previous poster said, the platinum if any would be an amazing grindfest, that is for sure. From 4-5 years of GW experience myself, I have reached Tier 5 (25+ titles) but not yet made a Tier 6 for my main or any other of my characters (God Walking Among Mere Mortals - 30 titles). That would be an incredible achievement for any platinum hunter.

Regardless of the limitation of the controller, I am sure if it does come to the PS3, ArenaNet will make it work. They are that good. And even if it does not, you should definitely play it on your PC or laptop; Guild Wars was an amazing MMoRPG and did not have heavy PC requirements, so GW2 will most likely be the same.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Level 5 Esper

It would be difficult to bring it to the PS3 since there's 10 skills + profession specific stuff that you need to use f1 f2 f3 on the PC. However, if it was brought to the PS3, I'm sure they'll be able to find some sort of way to make it work. DCUO is a good example of that with skill usage.

It would be a long platinum if it was brought to the PS3, but not necessarily a grind fest. Most titles on the original GW are earned by playing the game while some others can be bought. The achievements on GW2 (that are shown in the beta) are just kill this type of creature x times or take part in daily activities x times. If they use that system for trophies, it shouldn't be too bad if you're a fan of the game.

Though I would be a bit torn debating whether to play this on the PC or PS3
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Plats-O'-War!!

Seeing that I've never played any Guild Wars games, I hope this does come true. *fingers crossed*

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Just to point out the flaw F1-F10 issue, Final Fantasy XI had the same thing (200 macros, in 10 pages, for each F-key in a page, using both alt and cntl to bring up their respective menus) - the compromise to make it work was to use L2 in exchange for alt, and R2 in exchange for cntl key, and you would d-pad to your macro and activate it with the button. Many people used this over the conventional keyboard and mouse set-up (even on PC with logitech controllers of similar build), and oftentimes our best parse results came from controllers over keyboard users (I would probably give them a slight edge over keyboard people [to which I used personally] of comparable gear and ability sets)

But even if figuring out how to make a controller mapping work (which really isn't that hard at all) were such a make-or-break issue, you could still use a USB keyboard and mouse if you would like, since the PS3 does allow it so (the PS2 even did), so there shouldn't be an issue of using a keyboard and mouse if that is what you prefer to begin with since it will almost definitely, if ported, allow that option.

So getting past the keyboard wouldn't be all that difficult, since it has been done before and quite a lot of MMO players already prefer a controller over keyboard as they platform, even on PC.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)