Next Purchase

This is a discussion on Next Purchase within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Greetings to all! I think it's time for a new game and I'm having some trouble deciding between the most ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Next Purchase

Greetings to all! I think it's time for a new game and I'm having some trouble deciding between the most recent new releases. I was looking at Prototype II (I have not played the first iteration) and Lollipop Chainsaw. Both look pretty wild and I was curious what you guys thought. I'm open to other suggestions as well. I just want something fun to play and chase trophies on.

Any input/suggestions are appreciated!

Death is Awaiting....

I would go with Lollipop Chainsaw, and the Bioshock series is good if you haven't played them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

♚ Overlord ♔

If I were you I would get lollipop chainsaw,infamous,and the assassins creed games. Though I highly suggest you get uncharted 3 drakes deception just so you complete your collection of uncharted games.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Schismalicious View Post
    I would go with Lollipop Chainsaw, and the Bioshock series is good if you haven't played them.
    Bioshock =

I would say Prototype 2, and after you may want to consider the first. Note that I haven't played either, or Lollipop Chainsaw, but I have watched a lot of videos, and heard a hell of a lot of opinions.

Plats-O'-War!!

Well, what kind of games are you into?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    If I were you I would get lollipop chainsaw,infamous,and the assassins creed games. Though I highly suggest you get uncharted 3 drakes deception just so you complete your collection of uncharted games.
    I actually do have Uncharted 3 but I've been so busy with SSX and wrapping up the GoW series trophies I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Also, I'm fresh into Uncharted II which was fun when I started it, I just haven't picked it back up yet. I started Final Fantasy XIII but the battle system kind of pissed me off. It's probably because I suck at it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Well, what kind of games are you into?
    All kinds. As far as console goes, I stay away from FPS (I just like them better on PC plus I don't do with with the controls ). The only sports games I get into are snowboarding and skateboarding games. Aside from that, anything with outstanding game play I can get into. I started my PS3 library with GoW III and that is one of my favorite games of all time. I still break it out regularly and play it all the way through.

Lvl 9 - Gold

If I were you I would get the assassins creed games.
    I second this. With ACIII due in a few months' time, you could do a lot worse than to pick up the previous AC games and have a lot of fun playing through them.

♚ Overlord ♔

Quote Originally Posted by iTriple View Post
    I actually do have Uncharted 3 but I've been so busy with SSX and wrapping up the GoW series trophies I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Also, I'm fresh into Uncharted II which was fun when I started it, I just haven't picked it back up yet. I started Final Fantasy XIII but the battle system kind of pissed me off. It's probably because I suck at it.
    Hmm you really can't suck at FFXIII its all Libra,autobattle,autobattle,paradigm switch,and more autobattle really. Oh yeah if your starting out FFXIII be sure you have a checklist of all weapons and accessory's AT THE REALLY BEGINNING OF THE GAME for the treasure hunter trophy unless you really wanna play the game over again for missable items.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hmm you really can't suck at FFXIII its all Libra,autobattle,autobattle,paradigm switch,and more autobattle really. Oh yeah if your starting out FFXIII be sure you have a checklist of all weapons and accessory's AT THE REALLY BEGINNING OF THE GAME for the treasure hunter trophy unless you really wanna play the game over again for missable items.
    I was mainly referring to the "Stagger" mechanic, I can't really seem to get that down on tougher mobs. I like the magic system and Paradigm Shifts are really cool too. I have been thinking about picking it back up. When I do I'll be sure to give your approach a try. Thanks Ace!

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Schismalicious View Post
    Lollipop Chainsaw is not worth the money..Not worth the $45 I paid for it but I haven't played Prototype either

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

rent both prototype and lollipop chainsaw. you could get both plats in a week

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

♚ Overlord ♔

Quote Originally Posted by iTriple View Post
    I was mainly referring to the "Stagger" mechanic, I can't really seem to get that down on tougher mobs. I like the magic system and Paradigm Shifts are really cool too. I have been thinking about picking it back up. When I do I'll be sure to give your approach a try. Thanks Ace!
    Oh I see the stagger mechanic is probably easier like this first have one commando then two ravagers when your enemy is staggered go for two commandos and one ravager"also heal&buff when needed" . The key is to find a perfect balance because the commando can't really build up stagger but can stop the stagger bar from going down.As for the ravager it does the complete opposite it makes the bar go up faster but at the same time it really can't stop the bar from depleting either. so its not a good idea to put com,com,com or rag,rag,rag for healing Med,med,med is actually good but Syn "with haste",med,med is even better. lol I got carried away sorry about that.

For your next buy maybe devil may cry HD collection is a good choice just cuz i think you said you really liked GoW the gameplay is very much alike so I'm pretty sure you'll like it ^.^

Lvl 7 - Gold

If you really have to choose between those 2 games i would go for Prototype II