Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What the fuck just fucking Happened? URGENT!!

This is a discussion on What the fuck just fucking Happened? URGENT!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I think this problem you are suffering stems from the new ability to sort things on your HD differently. From ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think this problem you are suffering stems from the new ability to sort things on your HD differently.

From what I can gather this applies to game save data as well.

I only found out by accident 2 days ago [like most things with any PS3 system update as instructions are woeful and as clear as mud] when I was looking to copy some game save data to a USB stick, but couldn't [ it turned out it was the Game "Deus Ex" itself that wouldn't allow me to do it]

Anyway, I had pressed either square or triangle while in the Game Saved Data section, this had caused a option to pop up as a small grey banner across the top of the screen to sort the data into two or three options, one being MUSIC of all things. [I think this could cause untold damage to game save data if somebody were to accidentally follow this given option, as I can think of NO reason anybody would want to move it into that category]

Anyway, give that this ability now exists in Game saved Data, I imagine a equal ability exists when going through Music files & Data.
    And as you don't need to be looking at the screen while playing music, you could have inadvertently pressed either square or triangle and moved the data somewhere else without knowing where, then when you can't find this data again in where it usually is, you get that error message.

The PS3 system has become complicated with it's options to move data around, instructions are not given when you receive these compulsory updates so errors are bound to occur.

I think it's time for the PS3 to get a "Events LOG" that is viewable by the owner so that they can undo things that they might have done by accident.
    One must surely exist, as the option to send Sony error reporting data prompt appears when things go amiss.

Change is mediocre

The admins, and staff, and actually most of the community don't like harsh swear words in thread titles.

As for your problem, it seems like your ps3 was formatted or something. I have never seen this before.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Syphonetix View Post
    I'm not going to lie, I did say fuck this shit, I'm buying my Xbox 360 back. And miraculously it signed me in. Just loaded Battlefield 3 and everything seems to be fine now.
    That's the best fix for a PS3 I've ever heard!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    That's the best fix for a PS3 I've ever heard!
    Lol. I bet, and it hasn't happened so far, so everything's good.

Also, yeah I do have corrupted data on my hard drive only god knows how it got there. I haven't done that one thing to remove it and I don't feel like it as it'll take forever and I'm not sure if i'll lose any save data.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12