An issue of sorts.

This is a discussion on An issue of sorts. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey all how are you? Well I got a 320gb PS3 its not even 2 months old but im already ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

An issue of sorts.

Hey all how are you?

Well I got a 320gb PS3 its not even 2 months old but im already having probs, ugh...Playing Borderlands GOTY and the GTA Complete Edition i'll get errors saying the data is corrupt and or the file I go to load failed thus forcing me to start a new game. So, wtf? Its almost brand new and im getting stuff like this non stop. And help thanks.

illegal in 9 countries

Go to the Recovery Menu and choose Rebuild Database. There's a tutorial here - http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...ter-speed.html

Abracadaver ;[

well... talking about borderlands is a problem of the game that could happen,so nothing wrong in your ps3 but I thought the GOTY had eliminated this unsightly problem!! to bad ,but you can make backups of savedata on a usb stick.

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks ant! And Kel, is there a specific type of usb stick I would need to copy saved games? Im not so tech savvy...

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Bioshock_Head View Post
    Thanks ant! And Kel, is there a specific type of usb stick I would need to copy saved games? Im not so tech savvy...
    The USB stick needs to be formatted as FAT32. You can do that in Windows, or download EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition. and do it using that software.

Keep in mind that some game saves are copy-prohibited, meaning they won't copy to USB. If you have it, upload protected saves to PS+.

Abracadaver ;[

yeah antithesis is right format in fat32,never tried to copy the gta files ,but it works for borderlands save data

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The USB stick needs to be formatted as FAT32. You can do that in Windows, or download EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition. and do it using that software.

Keep in mind that some game saves are copy-prohibited, meaning they won't copy to USB. If you have it, upload protected saves to PS+.
    I didn't know that as well, so thanks. I always put my saves on a USB-stick but I haven't formatted it to FAT32.
    So if the USB stick isnt't formatted and my PS3 gets the ylod, I won't be able to get back to my save files (not tech savvy either)?

Anyway, I'll try to format it when getting home.
    Sig by Ramon

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I didn't know that as well, so thanks. I always put my saves on a USB-stick but I haven't formatted it to FAT32.
    So if the USB stick isnt't formatted and my PS3 gets the ylod, I won't be able to get back to my save files (not tech savvy either)?

Anyway, I'll try to format it when getting home.
    If the PS3 is detecting the USB stick, it's already FAT32.

USB drives are formatted as FAT32 by default so in most cases, there's nothing to be done. Just plug one into a USB port and if the PS3 sees it, you'll be fine.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I always used my old school 80 gig iPod to do my backups. it works effortlessly without me having to reformat anything. Try that out if possible.