Backup question

This is a discussion on Backup question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I am buying a new HD for my playstation and I need to do a backup. What exactly does it ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Backup question

I am buying a new HD for my playstation and I need to do a backup. What exactly does it backup? What will I need to redownload when I put the new hard drive in to set everything back up? I have over 550 downloads on the psn store so what is the easiest way to redownload the things that I need to? Thanks in advance!

Me & Ming @ The Stash

This should help Also, I would only backup game saves & just re-download whatever games you want, to do that, just be sure to delete the games off your HDD before backing up
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-guides-reviews-articles/12352-how-backup-upgrade-your-playstation-3s-hard-drive.html

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I understand all that, but what, if anything, will I need to redownload? That article doesn't say that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

if u have psn games,game installs, patches easier to redownload or install

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If you backup for HD like it is now, all your games, saves, install data, firmware, songs, movies, basically everything will be backed up on a external HD if you have one, the only thing you need to redownload is trophies off your server, thats it nothing else.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Awesome! Thanks for your help everyone, I will just do a full backup since I don't want to reinstall games and patches. Thanks!