Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EA says they would love to make Kingdoms of Amalur Sequel

This is a discussion on EA says they would love to make Kingdoms of Amalur Sequel within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; EA has said that they would love to make a sequel to 38 Studios game Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning. Kingdom ...

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

EA says they would love to make Kingdoms of Amalur Sequel

EA has said that they would love to make a sequel to 38 Studios game Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning. Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning was first released on February 7th, 2012. Since the of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning release people who have played they game since its release have said they loved it. 38 Studios was making a sequel to the game at the time, but unfortunately had to close due to money issues, which is why EA games is saying that they would love to make a sequel to the game.

While talking with GameInformer magazine EA Labels president Fran Gibeau said:
    "At the end of the day we saw a lot of creativity and vision in the team that Curt [Schilling] put together. We thought the game was terrific. It reviewed well."

"We built a good
    business there and hope there's a sequel to it someday. We'd love to be a partner for that."

The IP of Kingdoms of Amalur is currently in the possession of the US State Rhode Island, which is currently in the process of reclaiming 38 Studios. So fans of the first game what do you think about EA making a sequel to the game?

Source: EA Would Love to Publish Amalur Sequel - IGN

I would like to thank our kind mod DaveyHasselhoff for hooking me up with the link to this news.
    Last edited by U.M.A._Mailman19; 07-14-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Change is mediocre

Yeah I thought it was because they took a massive money loss and had to close.

Platinum Procrastinator

I hope somebody makes a sequel to the game eventually. I still haven't played the game yet myself, but everyone says its really good and as their first game, it was really well done.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Forget I Was Ever Here

The game was Great!!! at least I thought so I had a lot of fun playing it. I would buy the DLC but for what the CO did to its employees Id rather not. I'd buy it if there was another one dropped by EA.

Buy my book, Alteration

I played the demo, it was alright. Perhaps it doesn't give the game enough credit. I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel became unveiled.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    I played the demo, it was alright. Perhaps it doesn't give the game enough credit. I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel became unveiled.
    Do yourself a favor and PLAY THE GAME!!! Most underrated game this year in the Hoff's humble opinion

Click-Click-Kaboom

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Do yourself a favor and PLAY THE GAME!!! Most underrated game this year in the Hoff's humble opinion
    I would agree 100% with Mr. Hasselhoff. The game was beast and I sure hope they make another one!!

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 7 - Gold

I still have to play the original......maybe i'll start this weekend....or now....

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Yeah I thought it was because they took a massive money loss and had to close.
    They defaulted on the $50 million loan taken to develop an MMO. Completely unrelated to KoA which was deemed a failure by the State of Rhode Island. EA however called it a successful launch for a new IP - 2.5 million units is nothing to be sneezed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I hope somebody makes a sequel to the game eventually. I still haven't played the game yet myself, but everyone says its really good and as their first game, it was really well done.
    I disliked the demo and only finished it to get the Mass Effect 3 weapon and armor, which bugged out and failed to ping. It also had audio cut-out for 5-10 minutes at a time (not my headphones), missing textures (no floor in some towns), dated WoW / Fable-esque graphics, clumsy dialogue menus I couldn't control due to what seemed like a stuck button in-game (not my controller), but decent ARPG combat and skill trees.

Worst demo ever, but I bought the game on the cheap anyway and was told the end-product was far better than the demo. My impression was B-Grade all the way and definitely not GoTY, but a decent first entry from a new IP.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    The Hoff's humble opinion is 100% correct

Sig by Bladia

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I disliked the demo and only finished it to get the Mass Effect 3 weapon and armor, which bugged out and failed to ping. It also had audio cut-out for 5-10 minutes at a time (not my headphones), missing textures (no floor in some towns), dated WoW / Fable-esque graphics, clumsy dialogue menus I couldn't control due to what seemed like a stuck button in-game (not my controller), but decent ARPG combat and skill trees.

Worst demo ever, but I bought the game on the cheap anyway and was told the end-product was far better than the demo. My impression was B-Grade all the way and definitely not GoTY, but a decent first entry from a new IP.
    I had the same issues with the demo and like you, only played it for the Mass Effect items. However, from everything I've read online, the demo was in no way indicative of the final product.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Kiwi Defender

Leave it to EA to keep trying to take risks with new/recent IPs. Now to wait and see if they develop a sequel and, in case they do, make any drastic changes like with other IPs.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legendary...Nuff Said

EA is giving me a reason to like them just now, and then they'll change the whole game by adding in multiplayer, making the story less interesting, rushing production of the game, and more. Yippee! At least I'm happy that despite the bad situation with 38 Studios, the Amalur franchise may very well live on.

I never played Reckoning, but it was consistently on my watch list throughout the first quarter of the year. The RPG aspects looked good, but hack-n-slash has never been my favorite gameplay, and the story and lore didn't seem like they'd draw me in, so I saved my money. Once it drops a little lower than the $40 it's at now, I might consider picking it up.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If I remember correctly, they were looking around for another publisher before they went bust. Something about EA not wanting a sequel. What made EA change their mind? Anyways, amazing game. Even if the combat did start to get repetitive towards the end.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    If I remember correctly, they were looking around for another publisher before they went bust. Something about EA not wanting a sequel. What made EA change their mind? Anyways, amazing game. Even if the combat did start to get repetitive towards the end.
    The ability to buy the IP and do whatever they want in a sequel without paying a fair value for it.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Build on the hype of a good game series buy out the developers give them nowhere near enough time to finish properly, sell an unfinished product for low production cost,throw in some DLC it is the EA way

Winter Is Coming

I picked up the first one a couple of weeks ago but haven't got round to playing it yet. From what i've heard about it though it sounds like a sequel would be very welcome

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    They defaulted on the $50 million loan taken to develop an MMO. Completely unrelated to KoA which was deemed a failure by the State of Rhode Island. EA however called it a successful launch for a new IP - 2.5 million units is nothing to be sneezed at.

Not to mention that the demo was done by an outside group with 3 month old code while the main group worked on the actual game.

Getting to the question at hand, would I want a sequel? FUCK YES

Mr. X

I would love a sequel. 38 Studios said they were already working on a sequel and things were going to be impoved upon. The first game is great but it does feel like a base that can be built upon to really create something amazing.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i could handle a sequel, but only if todd mcfarlane is on the art design tean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast