Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

First Images of New PS3 Model

This is a discussion on First Images of New PS3 Model within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; My fat PS3 just got the YLOD so looks like I might go for this model....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My fat PS3 just got the YLOD so looks like I might go for this model.

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Sorry Rube-star, but sometimes when you buy expensive electronics, you want them to look nice. I personally loved the fatty, but had to get a slim. I jazzed it up a bit because it was cheaply made IMO. If they do have plans of pumping out another, the least they could do is go back to having 4 USB ports.

Oh, and this model looks horrid.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Because cosmetic appeal is huge in terms of marketing. If it does improve on everything you listed that's great. However, they could still make it look better. Think about a vehicle, say a small car for example. One has better gas mileage and more power, however, it looks ugly compared to every other car in its class. A lot of people are going to buy the better looking cars due to the appearance alone.
    Comparing a car to a video game system is not exactly a balanced comparison. Cars also have a bit more purpose than video game systems. If somebody's reasoning for buying an Xbox 360 over a PlayStation 3 is because of what it looks like - they seriously have their priorities mixed up. The NES was never the prettiest system on the market, and the Gamecube might have been the ugliest all-around system in a while. A video game system's aesthetics aren't even comparable to something like a cellphone, in which a phone could be used as an accessory or accessorized to a person's desired look. The closest thing to a video game system that I could see being adequate would be another electronic device, such as a toaster, DVD player, or electric toothbrush - all of which the visual appeal should fall somewhere below on the list of cost, effectiveness, and features.

I don't know if anybody has ever got further on a date because they were sporting a newer model of a gaming system, or particular skin on the model. I do know many people who's car's visual state (or model) has been a bit of help in getting a girl to say yes to a date, or allow them to get further on the "base track" because of it.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Crocodile Hunter

Ewww....it looks ugly =/

I want it

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think the FAT was the prettiest of all PS3s released. But this isn't ugly tho...I'm waiting for official revealing But the point is, I can't really see the Blu-Ray doors/opening, I hope it'll be done like in the case of PS2. Hope they won't tell "yes, it costs 150$, but you have to pay for games online".

Saints Row IV

Dont like its design :/
    I prefer my fat ps3
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Legend...Nuff Said

Soooooo why did so many people say one of the HD sizes was going to be 16gb? Like 3 or 4 people kept saying 16gb. Should't the lowest HD size be 160gb?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't think it looks as good as the current one :/

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by APriceless View Post
    It looked okay, until I saw the top-view. I really don't like how it looks.
    Yeah there is definitely something pretty fucked up about that top view

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS

Tomb Raider (91%), Killzone2 (83%)

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Soooooo why did so many people say one of the HD sizes was going to be 16gb? Like 3 or 4 people kept saying 16gb. Should't the lowest HD size be 160gb?
    Maybe they're trying to market it similar to the arcade versions of 360's? Make the price lower but cut out a lot of storage. 16gb would probably be fine for your casual gamers who don't venture outside of COD and FIFA titles.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

PRO Member

yeah ... im not gonna lie ... I don't like the look of this one

Id buy it if it had something like 4 usb ports, but it doesn't seem like it has anything new except its looks ... which sucks

Like the looks of this one a lot more :

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

PRO Member

It is the best looking Ps3 I have seen but if something happened to my slim and this is going to be as cheap as they say then I would snatch one up.

I have also thought about getting a second ps3 anyway so this could be my answer.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Ewww....it looks ugly =/

I want it

LOL! Couldn't agree more. It kind of looks like a hybrid of the 'fat' and 'slim' models. By that I mean shiny top from the fat, thin like the Slim.

Did anyone see the letter on the portuguese website that was (I think incorrectly) Linked to in the OP? HERE it is. Seems weird to have 3 sizes... A 16, 250 and 500GB model? 16 seems a bit too little. I have a 500GB HDD in my PS3 because I have countless TV episodes on there to watch and download almost every game I play, and I still have about 200GB free, so that one seems excessive. To me anyway.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

It's alright, I don't see why we need another slim.. slim. I think the current slims are perfect.. I hope they don't get overruled & tossed aside like the old phat boys.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Comparing a car to a video game system is not exactly a balanced comparison. Cars also have a bit more purpose than video game systems. If somebody's reasoning for buying an Xbox 360 over a PlayStation 3 is because of what it looks like - they seriously have their priorities mixed up. The NES was never the prettiest system on the market, and the Gamecube might have been the ugliest all-around system in a while. A video game system's aesthetics aren't even comparable to something like a cellphone, in which a phone could be used as an accessory or accessorized to a person's desired look. The closest thing to a video game system that I could see being adequate would be another electronic device, such as a toaster, DVD player, or electric toothbrush - all of which the visual appeal should fall somewhere below on the list of cost, effectiveness, and features.

I don't know if anybody has ever got further on a date because they were sporting a newer model of a gaming system, or particular skin on the model. I do know many people who's car's visual state (or model) has been a bit of help in getting a girl to say yes to a date, or allow them to get further on the "base track" because of it.
    Okay so maybe comparing it to a car wasn't the best example. However, look at something like the Nintendo DS or 3DS. They have several different colors which sell differently according to ones preference. A lot of girls for example like the purple and red models while guys typically like the back and blue models.

If Sony had of made another model with the exact same features, I doubt that one would even sell very good. I know if my slim breaks, I'll be looking for another one rather than going out and getting the one shown in this thread as I hate how it looks. That;s the same reason as to why I bought a black Wii instead of a white one and also why when I ordered my Aperion Audio speakers, I went with the black gloss finish instead of cherry wood. It matches my TV, Playstation, and receiver. Cosmetic appeal is a factor which I think Sony may have forgotten about in this new model or they didn't do a very good job of achieving it at least.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I love it!! Anybody a clue when this one hits the stores in EU?? I would get the 500gb, also any prices that we know off??

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im already happy with the current slim version, having a more slimmer version of the PS3 is not that great anymore.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

putting aside Mr.blurry cam it looks like poo-poo ... i was one that liked the glossy finished of the phat ps3 when it was fingeprint/dust free the console looked sexy ... the console looks cheap and plasticy ... unless its got hardware upgrade i dont think ill be getting this
    Que ?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ugly.

Reminds me of the old Sega's from the early 90's.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Looks interesting. I remember when they released the "modified slim" version of the PS2 a year or so after the PS3 came out. I had the original fatty (80gb w/backward compat) until the lens on it burnt out (gave it to a friend). My current PS3 is the 120gb slim, which I love to death even though it is uglier than the fatty. I hope they didn't dumbed down the "slimmer", like they did when they first released the slims (probably so, but one can hope).

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast