Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Finally. Proof that there are Devs with the right mindset.

This is a discussion on Finally. Proof that there are Devs with the right mindset. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Trophies are proof of your accomplishments within a game. There's nothing that says a trophy list should be demanding in ...

#cutformesa

Trophies are proof of your accomplishments within a game. There's nothing that says a trophy list should be demanding in any way, but if it's not then you might not get a great sense of what another person's capable of. Difficulty-based trophies, bonus objectives, online feats - looking at a friend's list and seeing certain ones unlocked allows you to really evaluate their skills as a gamer. It's just something that's fun and interesting to do.

It's also part of where the value comes in. For example, people are going to be a hell of a lot more impressed by 100% completion in Warhawk than they would be with Megamind - the difference being a fair amount of difficulty and over nine hundred hours of playtime. If you're taking out the challenge just so everyone can feel great about being able to platinum it, that's your thing, but I'd rather get a varied list of challenging and interesting things to do, just to push myself and others.

...just as long as you keep collectibles out of it. No one likes that shit. I'm looking at you, Far Cry 2.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah it's not difficulty trophies that are a cheap way of making people play the game longer. It's the collectible trophies. Difficulty trophies require skill to do the game on hardest which IS worthy of a trophy to prove you can do it but collectible trophies require no skill whatsoever so if anything they should be the ones to complain about. Although sometimes I do actually enjoy collectibles using a map and video guide can be fun at first anyway till it becomes a drag

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Yeah it's not difficulty trophies that are a cheap way of making people play the game longer. It's the collectible trophies. Difficulty trophies require skill to do the game on hardest which IS worthy of a trophy to prove you can do it but collectible trophies require no skill whatsoever so if anything they should be the ones to complain about. Although sometimes I do actually enjoy collectibles using a map and video guide can be fun at first anyway till it becomes a drag
    I'm okay with gathering them if there's a small amount and/or they do something neat, like the skulls in Halo or the assorted bits and pieces in God of War. But tracking down hundreds of items in sandbox games? That's sadistic.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    I'm okay with gathering them if there's a small amount and/or they do something neat, like the skulls in Halo or the assorted bits and pieces in God of War. But tracking down hundreds of items in sandbox games? That's sadistic.
    Yeah I say enjoy them sometimes till they become a drag. I probably enjoy up to 100 in a game. I enjoyed getting the Assassin's Creed II feathers. And the Mafia II 100 wanted posters wasn't too bad. But more than 100 gets boring and just wish it was over.

Legend...Nuff Said

Trophies are proof of your accomplishments within a game. There's nothing that says a trophy list should be demanding in any way, but if it's not then you might not get a great sense of what another person's capable of. Difficulty-based trophies, bonus objectives, online feats - looking at a friend's list and seeing certain ones unlocked allows you to really evaluate their skills as a gamer. It's just something that's fun and interesting to do.

It's also part of where the value comes in. For example, people are going to be a hell of a lot more impressed by 100% completion in Warhawk than they would be with Megamind - the difference being a fair amount of difficulty and over nine hundred hours of playtime. If you're taking out the challenge just so everyone can feel great about being able to platinum it, that's your thing, but I'd rather get a varied list of challenging and interesting things to do, just to push myself and others.

...just as long as you keep collectibles out of it. No one likes that shit. I'm looking at you, Far Cry 2.
    Thanks to the new game genie, trophy hunting is going to be completely different now, and what people consider an impressive plat.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post

I found this while looking for info about the "Adventuresome" play style starting bonus for Rainbow Moon. Seems smaller developers have finally figured out the trick to selling their game to everyone. Don't lock people out of getting 100%/ just because they want to enjoy the game without playing it on Insane or "Hardcore" mode.
    May as well give them the plat without touching every aspect of the game. Is an accomplishment for sometimes doing horrible mindless things. But it kinda reward itself more or less in the end for the people who find any satisfaction from it. Is nice, but I donīt want every game to be like that.

But I can tell you just want the plat without effort.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Check Those Corners

As long as the is medium difficulty atleast and a fun game, I could care less. If you are a hunter and want to add that platinum to your collection, you will do what you gotta do to get it. Point PERIOD.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah, I can agree with you on collectibles. While I don't mind trophies for those, I also think it'd be fair to have the trophies be for 50% or 75% of the total, rather than all of them. I'd still collect them all just because that's my thing and I like to do it, but again, others may not like it and I can agree that it's a stale trophy type and doesn't require anything other than a guide once a few people have found them all.

I think basically I'd like to see more variety and game-specific trophies, rather than the constant heap of difficulty or collectibles trophies. Even "x kills with x weapon" trophies get old. Especially in Uncharted, where some of the weapons are extremely rare with limited ammo, so you have to grind a single chapter to get the required kills.
    Hopefully we'll see more and more devs start to be more creative with their trophy lists in the years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    But I can tell you just want the plat without effort.
    Yay, another personal attack. How about you try reading the thread and seeing my replies to this exact attack from others, rather than reading the opening post and jumping to conclusions.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Thanks to the new game genie, trophy hunting is going to be completely different now, and what people consider an impressive plat.
    There's no proof just yet that the game genie will let you unlock trophies through your fun cheats, though.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    There's no proof just yet that the game genie will let you unlock trophies through your fun cheats, though.
    True, the video showing the GOW trophy unlocking could have not been through game genie use.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123