Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Finally. Proof that there are Devs with the right mindset.

This is a discussion on Finally. Proof that there are Devs with the right mindset. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I found this while looking for info about the "Adventuresome" play style starting bonus for Rainbow Moon. Seems smaller developers ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Finally. Proof that there are Devs with the right mindset.

I found this while looking for info about the "Adventuresome" play style starting bonus for Rainbow Moon. Seems smaller developers have finally figured out the trick to selling their game to everyone. Don't lock people out of getting 100%/ just because they want to enjoy the game without playing it on Insane or "Hardcore" mode.

Platinum Procrastinator

It would be nice if every developer realized this. One of my biggest trophy pet peeves is having to do multiple playthroughs, especially to unlock the hardest difficulty. I don't want to be forced to play through a game multiple times just for the platinum trophy.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Fight the Future

A platinum trophy means you've completed the game 100%, correct? I guess most developers think if you haven't beat the hardest difficulty then you haven't done everything there is to do on their game so you don't get a platinum trophy. I couldn't care less either way because I play my games for fun, not trophies ad if they want me to complete a game 20 times on the hardest mode to get a trophy I'm sure as hell not gonna do it, unless I absolutely adore the game.

Kid, not loser

This is really cool of the devs. But I think if every dev did this, many Trophy lists would be the same, and many would not be as hard as they are. Like Shadows of the Damned, I loved that Plat just because I had to play it 3 times.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    A platinum trophy means you've completed the game 100%, correct? I guess most developers think if you haven't beat the hardest difficulty then you haven't done everything there is to do on their game so you don't get a platinum trophy. I couldn't care less either way because I play my games for fun, not trophies ad if they want me to complete a game 20 times on the hardest mode to get a trophy I'm sure as hell not gonna do it, unless I absolutely adore the game.
    100% trophy completion deos not mean 100% game completion. There are in fact plenty of games that you can get a plat for without getting 100% game completion, WKC, Bayonetta, Borderlands, Nier, thats just to name a few. Games are made for more then just trophiers though, in fact I rather trophies just disappear but thats just me.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    This is really cool of the devs. But I think if every dev did this, many Trophy lists would be the same, and many would not be as hard as they are. Like Shadows of the Damned, I loved that Plat just because I had to play it 3 times.

Yes Shadows of the Damned was a great but it also wasn't so long to play 3x

I believe you should beat the game on its hardest difficulty to obtain the platinum why would/should they allow someone to beat it on easy? I guess I feel you got to earn it instead of handing it to you also the Dev are not saying play their game back to back you could always take a break between games

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    100% trophy completion deos not mean 100% game completion. There are in fact plenty of games that you can get a plat for without getting 100% game completion, WKC, Bayonetta, Borderlands, Nier, thats just to name a few. Games are made for more then just trophiers though, in fact I rather trophies just disappear but thats just me.
    Completely agree. Shameless ego boast is all I ever see it for. That seems to fit in well with people with a bit more disposable income, though.

Plus having these 'challenges' to complete kind of skews the gaming experience. I look at the list on a new game to see if there is anything I should try to do/not to do. It ruins the surprise many times.

For games with an actual 100% completion ratio in the game records, sans trophy system, I feel empowered to get that 100%. Because it means the only reward I have is knowing i got the 100%, and not a bronze 15 points for beating level 1. Especially on older games where your friends cannot tell immediately by looking up your profile. They have to ask, or you in your boastful ways have to express it. A bit more personal as well.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

The One and Only

Games with no difficulty/play style specific trophies = me being this

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Closing this account

Having to play a game 3 times on each difficulty for a is ridiculously silly. There is nothing to really prove unless you think people will stroke your ego more and if you need a filling of accomplishment through the internet, then you live a sad life.

Lvl 9 - Gold

What I would personally like to see is, more games move away from multiple difficulty levels. Since a lot of them list "normal" as "this is the way the game is meant to be played", then why bother making a harder one? That's why I like the SP portion of Assassin's Creed's trophy lists. AC doesn't have difficulty levels. The game was made, and that's how it is meant to be played. There's no changing it. And it gets harder on a curve by introducing new enemy types at the same time that you get more upgrades to be able to more effectively handle them. I don't have a problem with multiple playthroughs. It's varying difficulties that have nothing to do with the game's story or my enjoyment of the game that bothers me. There should only ever be one. If you want a challenge, go online and play against non-AI combatants. Which should not have trophies attached either, since again, killing other human players has nothing to do with the actual game itself.

For me at least, I collect trophies the same way I go for 100% in games that I like. I've gotten 100% on all the AC games, except for the flags in 1. Trophies, especially random skill-based or exploration ones, give me more enjoyment out of my game by giving me things to do other than just play through it. More difficulties either makes you play on the hardest one to avoid playing it more than once, or you have to play it once just to unlock the hardest level. And that's not right. All in all, I agree with these devs, and I hope that others start to think this way. Because ultimately, I think that would help the gaming economy quite a bit. I know that I for one don't buy as many games as I used to, because I don't enjoy buying games I know I'll never, ever get 100% trophy completion on.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sidequest studio has always been good about this, You should look into some of their other PSN releases....They have a Very VERY good modern quality original series.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

amen took the words right out of my mouth

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'm not bothered by trophies to the point that I'll pass up on a great game because the Plat is too difficult or something. It's a shame games have come to this where people won't even try them because they can't earn all trophies for them.

Ice Cream Firefighter

that is some good news atm on GOW3 im stuck in on aMAZEd on titan mode & I dont want to restart just for one trophy

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Change is mediocre

In an RPG like that I get it, but I don't mind playing on more difficulties, as it makes you play the game more. If you don't want to play it again, that's fine but the platinum won't feel as rewarding afterwards. As long as the hardest difficulty isn't like Blops or World at War on Veteran it should be fine.

Legend...Nuff Said

Mass Effect 2 made me want to punch a wall because of Insanity. I don't get the need for making trophies difficulty dependent. I'm sorry Crysis, I'm getting bored of dying 10 times in 10 minutes just because I have to play it on Delta difficulty. I'll just go play a different game instead of you.

Having difficulty levels is fine for the people who want to make the game more challenging, but all trophies should be difficulty-less and can be achieved on any difficulty.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I think all story/campaign modes that have a difficulty setting should have two trophies; one for completion, and one for completion on the hardest setting. The hardest setting trophy of course should unlock the lower tier trophies upon completion. I do hate when you have to have multiple playthroughs, so I'm against that.

Any child can beat the game on easy. This isn't little league baseball where everybody gets a trophy just for coming out. Have some balls and dedication; beat it on hard.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    What I would personally like to see is, more games move away from multiple difficulty levels. Since a lot of them list "normal" as "this is the way the game is meant to be played", then why bother making a harder one?
    Because some people like a challenge? Because some people like a challenge without having to artificially create their own?

It's a case of "different strokes for different folks". Some people just want to enjoy the experience of playing the game, or its story. Some people want to challenge themselves to go "above and beyond" what passes for "normal difficulty".

As a couple of other contributors to this thread have pointed out: If you don't like playing on Hard difficulty for a trophy, DON'T DO IT. That being said, the idea that developers should stop doing this because you don't like it is obscene.... it's like asking everyone else to re-align their gaming preferences and habits to yours, the way obnoxious vegetarians expect everyone else to stop eating meat. Developers aren't likely to change how they make games until/unless enough of their audience expresses a desire for something different.... and maybe not even then.

As for "normal" being the same as "this is the way the game is meant to be played", I think you're reading more into things than is actually there. Perhaps the developer interprets "normal" as "average difficulty unlikely to turn off the casual gamer" and "hard" as "challenging for the dedicated, hardcore gamer".
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    Because some people like a challenge? Because some people like a challenge without having to artificially create their own?

It's a case of "different strokes for different folks". Some people just want to enjoy the experience of playing the game, or its story. Some people want to challenge themselves to go "above and beyond" what passes for "normal difficulty".

As a couple of other contributors to this thread have pointed out: If you don't like playing on Hard difficulty for a trophy, DON'T DO IT. That being said, the idea that developers should stop doing this because you don't like it is obscene.... it's like asking everyone else to re-align their gaming preferences and habits to yours, the way obnoxious vegetarians expect everyone else to stop eating meat. Developers aren't likely to change how they make games until/unless enough of their audience expresses a desire for something different.... and maybe not even then.

As for "normal" being the same as "this is the way the game is meant to be played", I think you're reading more into things than is actually there. Perhaps the developer interprets "normal" as "average difficulty unlikely to turn off the casual gamer" and "hard" as "challenging for the dedicated, hardcore gamer".
    It's not obscene to ask devs to look at alternative trophy requirements other than littering a list with difficulty trophies. Do I need to play Uncharted 2-3 times just to plat it? No, I don't. Do I need to go through Mass Effect 2-3 times to plat it? No, I don't. I just need to see the story once, and then let me go on my merry way doing other things.

All difficulty trophies do is downgrade how good the developer thinks their game is. If their game is good enough then people don't need to have a trophy to play it multiple times, but by putting in difficulty trophies it's saying 'we don't think you'll play this game again unless we have this shiny trophy at the end of the rainbow for you.'

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    It would be nice if every developer realized this. One of my biggest trophy pet peeves is having to do multiple playthroughs, especially to unlock the hardest difficulty. I don't want to be forced to play through a game multiple times just for the platinum trophy.
    I agree. For games like COD, its ok because the hard unlocks the trophy for the previous difficulties. But if you have to redo the whole game on another difficulty, its both boring and not worth my time. I also appreciate games you can play on a lower difficulty and still platinum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast