PSN Dual Account Question

This is a discussion on PSN Dual Account Question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys, I bought a 2nd PS3 today and i added my account to it, i am trying to download ...

Crocodile Hunter

PSN Dual Account Question

Hey guys,

I bought a 2nd PS3 today and i added my account to it, i am trying to download some games i bought off the store but of course sony has the new 2 ps3 accounts only rule and i already have my 2nd active account at my mates.

My question is, can i deactivate PS1 to download games onto PS2 and then swtich back and forth whenever i want without it affecting my games as i dnt want to loose any on either ps3...

in case your confused ( i do it to myself alot ) ill write it another way.

my current ps3 is 160GB and its full, so i got a 320GB, i wanna put games onto it from the store ,that are already on the 160, but if i deactivate the 160 to put it on the 320, when i swap back to the 160 will the games still work

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Do you gameshare with someone ???

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by SHIROLTP809 View Post
    Do you gameshare with someone ???

that does not really have anything to do with my question?

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 4 - Silver

He does with his friend..... I think once you de-activate the 160gb the games will no longer work on that system. They will work on the 320gb when you de-activate the 160gb..

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by RyJ32 View Post
    He does with his friend..... I think once you de-activate the 160gb the games will no longer work on that system. They will work on the 320gb when you de-activate the 160gb..
    so one would assume when i reactivate the 160 the games will work again yes? I want the 160 to be the main 1 and the 320 to have my overspill games. i just dnt wanna ruin any games on either system

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 6 - Silver

you will have to deactivate reactivate every time but they will work as long as the ps3 you are trying to play the game on is activated

Lvl 6 - Silver

also you can re download any game at any time so you will always have access to your games if you were worried about losing your games

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    so one would assume when i reactivate the 160 the games will work again yes? I want the 160 to be the main 1 and the 320 to have my overspill games. i just dnt wanna ruin any games on either system
    This could be a possibility... U would have to deactivate one system each time you want to use the other.. It might work wait for more replies im not 100% on that...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    that does not really have anything to do with my question?
    No just guessing about it lol btw idk but good luck with you question.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

you can activate your account up to two systems but if you login on some else system them you have to go to your friends system and deactivate from his system for you to use that second on your new system. it sucks that sony drop 5 activations to 2

An old-fashioned cowboy

Kinda seems like a hassle to do it each time but seeing as how you'll have access to both consoles I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Death is Awaiting....

Couldn't you just go on qriocity.com and deactivate all systems instead of going through all that hassle? Or am I just misunderstanding the question?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Schismalicious View Post
    Couldn't you just go on qriocity.com and deactivate all systems instead of going through all that hassle? Or am I just misunderstanding the question?
    Because the 2nd account is on my mates ps3 so he can yes gameshare, he 1 of my best friends and isnt in the good financial situation im in. so i only have 1 account to play with on 2 ps3's... if that makes sence

im trying it now so im hoping 4 the best

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Schismalicious View Post
    He wants to know that if he deactivates an account from a PS3, would the games already installed there continued to work whilst having said account deactivated. It's not about activating and such.

Well I have my buddies account on both of my Ps3's. Since that whole 2 PS3's thingies, the games on the PS3 with the deactivated account still work. Not sure if that helps at all.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Member

The games already D/L will still work no matter how times you deactivate and reactivate a PS3. As long as PS3 your using is the activated one of course.

I do it all the time.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Forget I Was Ever Here

I actually had a friend on PSN that is still capable of 5 psn shares mine will only allow 2 but on another console more then 2 i can't play those games when the account is deactivated