Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Crealkllr's Final Fantasy 13 RANT

This is a discussion on Crealkllr's Final Fantasy 13 RANT within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Crealkllr I did consider the notion that the company was expanding or that they are "making up ...

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr
    I did consider the notion that the company was expanding or that they are "making up for lost income", but i also wonder why they cant just stick to what people enjoy. Like i said, they experimented with this one IMO, and although it was interesting, i dont feel it was sucessful. I know i am not the only one, but if all you guys want to just disagree and not explain your reasoning, i guess we cant discuss anything.
    Before I start, let me say that I have never liked the Final Fantasy series from day 1. Am one of the few newcomers to this series and change is good. If 1 through 12 wasn't getting my attention, what made 13 grab it? It wasn't that I was able to kick butt as a female that appealed to some gamers but more due to an interesting story. I believe if they would had stuck with whatever story that was being told before and keeping it the same, there wouldn't have been no more after 12. Would this be a discussion about why there no more Final Fantasies coming out? I don't have much experience as you do in this series but if you would had done this last year, I probably would had flamed this thread. That's all I got, I can't say much without playing the other games. I tried, there no more ammunition. Am not giving up on the topic, I feel that I have nothing else to contribute without sounding like a fool.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Before I start, let me say that I have never liked the Final Fantasy series from day 1. Am one of the few newcomers to this series and change is good. If 1 through 12 wasn't getting my attention, what made 13 grab it? It wasn't that I was able to kick butt as a female that appealed to some gamers but more due to an interesting story. I believe if they would had stuck with whatever story that was being told before and keeping it the same, there wouldn't have been no more after 12. Would this be a discussion about why there no more Final Fantasies coming out? I don't have much experience as you do in this series but if you would had done this last year, I probably would had flamed this thread. That's all I got, I can't say much without playing the other games. I tried, there no more ammunition. Am not giving up on the topic, I feel that I have nothing else to contribute without sounding like a fool.
    I appreciate your input hawk. Again i am a fan boy of the series and still bought this game, just because i am a collector (or hoarder, depending on your view).

The story on this one was interesting, and obviously this title sold alot, reguardless if gamers thought it was junk or not. I am just saying that the story line could have made more sense, but thats just my opinion. I got lost in it, so those of you that enjoyed the story probably wont agree with my view of things.

I consider all FF game titles a success, and this one is so different that i was wondering why they changed things. Obviously in your situation, it worked out, but i dont think they changed it because they knew you didnt enjoy the previous ones.

ANYWAY, i dont care if they make more games like this one. If there is a fan base for it, go ahead. WHat i would like to see is Square Enix make more turn based games. So if they continue with FF13 type games, i hope they have side projects for more FF1 through 12 type games (excluding 11) for those of us that liked those. Probably wont happen, which is whats sad because then i would have to turn to another rpg series, which i dont really want to do (none out there so far captures that magic)

Just my feelings on the matter. I miss those turn based games. Did anyone ever wonder why gamers want a remake of previous FF titles? Its because the newer type they made isnt what we wanted. Just saying....

FYI: i want to state again that i did enjoy this title. THrough all the junk parts, the trophies helped ease the torture.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I am sorry but I have to greatly disagree with you on this one. I respect your opinion, but I recently just finished up the plat and clocked in at 120 hours and loved every second of it. I gave it 9 gold trophies out of 10 on my checklist.

Battle System - First of all there is nothing wrong with having a fast battle system. It is called innovation. And that is what the Japanese gaming market greatly needs right now and Square seems to be one of the only developers doing it. I will admit that the first half of the game is easy but then once it gets turned up there is no way in hell that you could "watch t.v." You are constantly switching paradigms and the battles can get really intense at some points. You could go from buffing yourself and the enemy to attacking the enemy with magic to boost it's stagger to healing yourself to attacking with magic again to healing yourself again to attacking with melee etc. And this could all happen in a very short amount of time. And from what I remember, I thought that some monsters did give you gil (money) but maybe I was wrong. Also, the five star thing is simply just a rating for your battle, nothing more, nothing less. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Story - I have played a lot of Final Fantasies so saying that this story was any weirder than the others is just plain biased. Okay so basically there are "Gods" called Fal' Cie. They can put a brand on a human and make them a L' Cie. See the difference. Also you thought it was strange that there were robots in the wilderness...... It is a fantasy story bud. A little thing like that doesn't matter that is why it is fantasy. Also crystals have been a big part in nearly all Final Fantasy games. Just like chocobos or Sid. When a L'Cie does not complete it's task (focus) that a Fal'Cie gave it than their body turns into a lifeless monster and their soul gets trapped in one of those floating things that you see around Gran Pulse. If they complete their focus than they are crystallized and granted eternal life. So it made sense to me but I am used to weird plots in games lol.

Items - There are many RPG's that use this same system. You don't need to use get an item after the battle. A lot of RPG's use the luck system. There really isn't anything wrong with that either. I do agree about how it would be nice to know how much xp you need to max out an item.

Replay Value - I do actually agree with you here. There really wasn't much replay value at all besides the 64 Cieth stones. Sure, they were great fun and all, but like you said it did just sorta turn out to become a grind.

So that is my opinion on the game. I really enjoyed almost everything about it.
    I am just curious. If you enjoyed "almost" everything about it, can you point out what you didnt like?

Just for the discussion, what would you change or get rid of? Even the most avid gamers can discuss things that would make a game better, for the good of the community

Lvl 8 - Gold

Warning: This youtube video has swearing and bad humor. Watch at your own risk

Alpha Omega Sin's Rant: Final Fantasy Verses

Toggle Spoiler

This is Alpha Omega Sin's RANT on Final Fantasy Verses being canceled. Why is this in this topic?

This is connected, because Square Enix started losing their fanbase. One reason could be FF13. Not saying thats what happened, but i think thats the case

lets look at the TOP COMMENTS from this vid:

I personally think Square-Enix is getting close to the 'done, dead, flatlines, gone, kaput, never coming back' due to their terrible business practices and lack of understanding about their true )non fanboy)audience/consumer base..

-Ratonga

.... SOMETHING along those Square. Because MOST of Square's fans since the late 1980's are not all that fond of this next generation Final Fantasy model of today in comparison to the untouchable legends SquareSOFT was putting out all throughout those golden years.

-JonathanFerGold

So Verses was called before the Ps3? Thats a good trivia fact, as now i learned something.

So why did FF13 beat verses out the door? Why did they have time to make a 13-2? No idea, but if it was to appease the fans to wait longer, i am not sure if it did that. Now that they canceled FF Verses, i expect them to lose a large % of the already low numbers of fans. With nothing to wait for, why should anyone stay loyal to this series? Kingdom Hearts is the only thing strand of string keeping some loyal fans waiting. What is really sad is that they "supposedly" was working on verses for 6 years. Either finish it, or cut your loses earlier. Thats what makes this news even more sad.

Final fantasy 15? if its anything like 13, i am gonna cry

Now they will just be "some series that we used to know...."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I actually liked the game myself. The battle system grew on me. Eventually I realized that what is the difference between setting the AI to medic to heal the party versus going into a menu and selecting cure. The lack of towns didn't bother me and are an antiquated tradition, and most RPG's are pretty linear until you get the ship/airship whatever well past half way through so that didn't bug me either. Game gets a bad rap for being different but I thought for the most part it was a nice evolution of RPG's, that's been ruined since everyone bitches about the game.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Final Fantasy was the very first one I played and continued to play most all and spinoffs up until XIII-2. I'd sit there for hours and listen to the soundtrack, walk through the towns, talk to NPC's and just explore the map over, over and over. I love all the titles for their grand similarities and small differences. The biggest issue I have with FF (and many other RPG's) is the equipment and end-game power. Ultimate weapons soon slaughter the baddest monsters and sometimes leave no desire to visit shops or explore other areas. All characters stats max out very close to one another leaving no room for true personalization and battle personality. A jack of all trades is fine...just not 7-9 of them lol. XIII to me is a great solid game. I love that I HAD to use all characters at a certain point and that most magic was still very useful end-game. I look forward to more titles.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by TheFluke View Post
    I actually liked the game myself. The battle system grew on me. Eventually I realized that what is the difference between setting the AI to medic to heal the party versus going into a menu and selecting cure. The lack of towns didn't bother me and are an antiquated tradition, and most RPG's are pretty linear until you get the ship/airship whatever well past half way through so that didn't bug me either. Game gets a bad rap for being different but I thought for the most part it was a nice evolution of RPG's, that's been ruined since everyone bitches about the game.
    Well... let me point out that most FF titles are kind of boring till you get a airship and able to go back to previous areas. This game doesnt have that (you can go to areas chapter 11 and up, although nothing really changes in these areas).

Now lets look at previous titles. There was side quests and secrets you could unlock after certain points. Although this game has side quests, most are best left last, for the post game. There is no secrets, no unlockable helpful characters (Guardian force), and its still pretty linear chapter 11 and up (because the quests are best left for the post game).

I know people like this game, but i really feel like everyone that agrees with me is silent, and all the people that want to prove me wrong speaks up. All i can say is, there are alot of people that agree with me, from other forums, youtube videos, or just friends that tried it. I accept everyones opinion, and dont want to seem like i am trying to argue, but i dont see what you all see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legna View Post
    Final Fantasy was the very first one I played and continued to play most all and spinoffs up until XIII-2. I'd sit there for hours and listen to the soundtrack, walk through the towns, talk to NPC's and just explore the map over, over and over. I love all the titles for their grand similarities and small differences. The biggest issue I have with FF (and many other RPG's) is the equipment and end-game power. Ultimate weapons soon slaughter the baddest monsters and sometimes leave no desire to visit shops or explore other areas. All characters stats max out very close to one another leaving no room for true personalization and battle personality. A jack of all trades is fine...just not 7-9 of them lol. XIII to me is a great solid game. I love that I HAD to use all characters at a certain point and that most magic was still very useful end-game. I look forward to more titles.
    Hmmm... your biggest issues are a little unfair. In real life, a better weapon should do more damage. A maxed level character should be a monster. If this game had unlimited levels, then you would have your "personalization and battle personality". I admit the game could have distinguished the characters more, as your right, their abilities are too similar, making anyone of them replaceable with another character.

I laughed though, when you said you HAD to use all characters at a certain point. You dont have to change characters at all. I ran through the game as Lightning, and now just use Fang alot. Other than changing to a character with death, you can kill anyone with any character.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12