Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Crealkllr's Final Fantasy 13 RANT

This is a discussion on Crealkllr's Final Fantasy 13 RANT within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is a rant, not a discussion. I wanted to express my feelings on this game title, and i encourage ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Crealkllr's Final Fantasy 13 RANT

    This is a rant, not a discussion. I wanted to express my feelings on this game title, and i encourage you (the gamer community) to do the same

    Please consider posting your own rant on this topic BEFORE YOU CONTINUE ON AND READ MY RANT.
    I would like you to voice your original ideas and opinions, and then read my rant to see if we have similar thoughts.
    By making your own rant, it shows that you also agree, rather than banking on my thoughts. I want it noted that i am still a huge fanboy of the Final fantasy series.

    Toggle Spoiler



    I probably missed alot of the stuff i wanted to rant about, but at least I got it off my chest.



  2. #2
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    0

    i wasnt thinking on posting something so i saw what u wrotte first and there are some things that i dont agree (i know u didnt ask to do it this way but i want to give my opinion xd):
    battle sistem: i agree when i say that the auto-battle takes the control of the character... but that only works in weak mosnters. if u go to bosses or stronger monsters u will have to do other things because as u said the AI is not very good. example: if u have a healer he will only focus on healing and not using the other skills that they have (like removing bad properties) so u will have to be a healer too and that way u will have to control more your character.
    the 5 stars give u more chances to get the rare item. sometimes u dont recieve nothing because when u have 5 star it will count only for the rare item and that item can be a good 1 (example: in mission 7(?), u have to fight a monster wich drops are tatradic crown and tetradic tiara. those count to the treasure hunter trophy and have good stats , the tiara gives u some buffs at the beginng of the battle).
    storyline: from what i saw u wrotte u were more concentrated in the bad aspects that u didnt apreciete te story. the things u wrotte that were confusing are actually pretty simple if u follow the story.
    items: i agree. but for the upgrading system u will have to find a good money/crystarium/items relation. there is a mission that is very good for that.
    lacks of secrets: i completely agree with that. the game would be awasome if they made places like chapter 11 all over the game.

    i think a chocobo is not a dangerous animal
    since u didnt seem to like the game i wish u luck to platinum it



    probably no one will read this but i was bored so decided to give an opinion lol

  3. #3
    Game on....
    Timeless-Enigma's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,915
    Reputation
    348

    Very intresting read and you obviously put a lot of thought into your rant or opinion. FFXIII and FFXIII-2 are fantastic games but have lost the things that made the games 'final fantasy'. I know why FFXIII couldn't be like previous FF titles and the answer is obvious. Games are getting more and more complex and producing a 100 + hour FF game on the PS3 is so much harder than producing a FF game for the PSone. If you skip every cutscene in FFXIII, you will see that FFXIII isn't really such a big game and getting from the start to the finish without going for the plat cuts the playtime down dramatically. The FF games in the past usually had world maps, minigames, tons of locations, many characters because it was possible to do that and easier. FF games on the PS3 need voice acting, cinematic cutscenes, jaw dropping HD graphics on the locations, monsters, characters etc. So SquareEnix were forced to give the illusion that FFXIII is a big game by adding game mechanics that strung out the playtime but didn't require anything to be added to the game. If you think about it, FFXIII is mainly just battles and hardly anything else. Even the 64 side missions are just 64 battles. So i guess what i am saying is that FFXIII had to compromise in terms of content in order to meet the gaming standards of modern gaming.

  4. #4
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by UnversedPT View Post
    i wasnt thinking on posting something so i saw what u wrotte first and there are some things that i dont agree (i know u didnt ask to do it this way but i want to give my opinion xd):
    battle sistem: i agree when i say that the auto-battle takes the control of the character... but that only works in weak mosnters. if u go to bosses or stronger monsters u will have to do other things because as u said the AI is not very good. example: if u have a healer he will only focus on healing and not using the other skills that they have (like removing bad properties) so u will have to be a healer too and that way u will have to control more your character.
    the 5 stars give u more chances to get the rare item. sometimes u dont recieve nothing because when u have 5 star it will count only for the rare item and that item can be a good 1 (example: in mission 7(?), u have to fight a monster wich drops are tatradic crown and tetradic tiara. those count to the treasure hunter trophy and have good stats , the tiara gives u some buffs at the beginng of the battle).
    storyline: from what i saw u wrotte u were more concentrated in the bad aspects that u didnt apreciete te story. the things u wrotte that were confusing are actually pretty simple if u follow the story.
    items: i agree. but for the upgrading system u will have to find a good money/crystarium/items relation. there is a mission that is very good for that.
    lacks of secrets: i completely agree with that. the game would be awasome if they made places like chapter 11 all over the game.

    i think a chocobo is not a dangerous animal
    since u didnt seem to like the game i wish u luck to platinum it



    probably no one will read this but i was bored so decided to give an opinion lol
    I hope you dont what i say personally, but lets dissect your reply.

    Battle system: It is true that in a boss battle, you do more action than "mindlessly pressing x". That said, i still dont feel like i am playing a FF game. I feel like i am following a pattern, and letting the game go off on its own. The "other things" you talk about is just changing their jobs, and letting them go off on their own. Most of the time, the AI will pick junk attacks for you. If i was able to pick my attacks in the seconds it gives me, i would spam the same attack, not 5 different attacks.

    So your right, bosses require more attention, but changing their jobs doesnt make me feel like i am controlling the battle.

    the 5 stars doesnt give you a higher chance of getting an item. It might raise your chances, but i can go 20 battles and the first 19 i wont get anything (thats with item enhancing items). In previous titles, you at least got money and experience. This game, your items and money are one and the same, and when you dont get anything to drop, you got nothing (exp is given, but i dont need anymore of that)

    storyline: Dude i played through the whole game. Some of it i could make sense of if i wanted to waste my time. How do you

    Toggle Spoiler

    I could waste my time in understanding the story, but it is all so stupid i dont see any reason to do so

    Item: I said above that item dropping isnt that great. I know where to get the goods to upgrade my items, but that falls into the "useless grinding" aspect. Really limits the fun.

    The chocobo used to be a fierce animal. It was a companion that you ride into battle, and it was huge and loyal. In this title its now a docile animal that runs around, jumps, and is completely useless other wise. If you like, you can look up this creature in Final fantasy tactics, final fantasy 7, etc. They really made this creature a joke

    I am sorry for hating this game, but after starting it up again, i log onto it every minute i have free time, just so i can rid my household of it.
    I am missing lots of things i disliked / liked about this game, but i cant think of anything else at this time



  5. #5
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Very intresting read and you obviously put a lot of thought into your rant or opinion. FFXIII and FFXIII-2 are fantastic games but have lost the things that made the games 'final fantasy'. I know why FFXIII couldn't be like previous FF titles and the answer is obvious. Games are getting more and more complex and producing a 100 + hour FF game on the PS3 is so much harder than producing a FF game for the PSone. If you skip every cutscene in FFXIII, you will see that FFXIII isn't really such a big game and getting from the start to the finish without going for the plat cuts the playtime down dramatically. The FF games in the past usually had world maps, minigames, tons of locations, many characters because it was possible to do that and easier. FF games on the PS3 need voice acting, cinematic cutscenes, jaw dropping HD graphics on the locations, monsters, characters etc. So SquareEnix were forced to give the illusion that FFXIII is a big game by adding game mechanics that strung out the playtime but didn't require anything to be added to the game. If you think about it, FFXIII is mainly just battles and hardly anything else. Even the 64 side missions are just 64 battles. So i guess what i am saying is that FFXIII had to compromise in terms of content in order to meet the gaming standards of modern gaming.
    like i said above, i missed alot of things i wanted to put into this rant. While playing, i had lots on my mind, and now that i havent been interested in it for 4 days, i forget already

    i understand that this is the first ps3 FF. its sad they went for a 100+ hour game, instead of a great Roleplaying game. I would love a world map, as that adds time to the game. Who doesnt want to explore the map, finding new monsters, gaining the secret treasure or GF, or just trying to level up your characters by bumping around randomly. If a ps1 FF is so short, think of how much they could do with a blue ray disk...

    thats where your wrong. The ps1 games had mini games, lots of locations, and a world map. Why cant they do that for this title? If they didnt have the voice acting, would it be less of a success? I dont think so. They shouldnt take that risk, but that shouldnt be the reason they cut out what made the previous titles good. Why make the illusion that this FF is a big game. Why not just make it a big game. Make some bosses where you need to max out the characters to beat? That adds the time that is needed to train your characters.

    that compromise is necessary i guess... but for me, i rather play the "short" FF 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 or 12, just because they are more fun. If these titles are so short, thats why people rather replay those over and over again, rather than trying to just get rid of FF13 (which is what i am trying to do)



  6. #6
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    I dont really have much of a opinion about this but my thing that I would change would be the ability to set the order of the auto-fight menu something similar to PS2's FF12's Gambit System

    EXAMPLE
    Healer
    1. Antidote
    2. Awake
    3. Cure
    4. Haste
    5. Attack (I know FF13 healers don't attack this is a example only)

    This way unless another character is poisoned or asleep cure will be the first thing used when everyone is around 80% healthy cure will no longer be used until health drops under 80% again but haste will be cast instead & when all the above 4 cannot be cast again than the character will begin attacking until the previous steps come into effect again that was a awesome battle system they used in FF12, everything else in FF13 was very enjoyable & I wouldn't change it


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  7. #7
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I hope you dont what i say personally, but lets dissect your reply.

    Battle system: It is true that in a boss battle, you do more action than "mindlessly pressing x". That said, i still dont feel like i am playing a FF game. I feel like i am following a pattern, and letting the game go off on its own. The "other things" you talk about is just changing their jobs, and letting them go off on their own. Most of the time, the AI will pick junk attacks for you. If i was able to pick my attacks in the seconds it gives me, i would spam the same attack, not 5 different attacks.

    So your right, bosses require more attention, but changing their jobs doesnt make me feel like i am controlling the battle.

    the 5 stars doesnt give you a higher chance of getting an item. It might raise your chances, but i can go 20 battles and the first 19 i wont get anything (thats with item enhancing items). In previous titles, you at least got money and experience. This game, your items and money are one and the same, and when you dont get anything to drop, you got nothing (exp is given, but i dont need anymore of that)

    storyline: Dude i played through the whole game. Some of it i could make sense of if i wanted to waste my time. How do you

    Toggle Spoiler

    I could waste my time in understanding the story, but it is all so stupid i dont see any reason to do so

    Item: I said above that item dropping isnt that great. I know where to get the goods to upgrade my items, but that falls into the "useless grinding" aspect. Really limits the fun.

    The chocobo used to be a fierce animal. It was a companion that you ride into battle, and it was huge and loyal. In this title its now a docile animal that runs around, jumps, and is completely useless other wise. If you like, you can look up this creature in Final fantasy tactics, final fantasy 7, etc. They really made this creature a joke

    I am sorry for hating this game, but after starting it up again, i log onto it every minute i have free time, just so i can rid my household of it.
    I am missing lots of things i disliked / liked about this game, but i cant think of anything else at this time
    when i wrotte my opinion i didnt say u didnt have your reasons to hate the game (i even agree, its just that i try to put the best of the game instead of hating it)
    i know how the chocobos are in other games (ff13 is not my first final fantasy) but i was talking relatevely to the game in question.
    to the story in question i could tell u why they did that but since u dont want to " waste your time" understanding the story if some1 tells u it wont be the same. so i hope someday when u are bored u go to ff13 and try to understand it because its actually a nice story (my opinion..)

  8. #8
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I dont really have much of a opinion about this but my thing that I would change would be the ability to set the order of the auto-fight menu something similar to PS2's FF12's Gambit System

    EXAMPLE
    Healer
    1. Antidote
    2. Awake
    3. Cure
    4. Haste
    5. Attack (I know FF13 healers don't attack this is a example only)

    This way unless another character is poisoned or asleep cure will be the first thing used when everyone is around 80% healthy cure will no longer be used until health drops under 80% again but haste will be cast instead & when all the above 4 cannot be cast again than the character will begin attacking until the previous steps come into effect again that was a awesome battle system they used in FF12, everything else in FF13 was very enjoyable & I wouldn't change it
    I agree, and i put this in my rant. 12's gambit system is what made that game better. I forgot about 12 having this, but now i remember it in there. As for the rest being "enjoyable", i am happy you enjoyed it. i dont agree, but to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnversedPT View Post
    when i wrotte my opinion i didnt say u didnt have your reasons to hate the game (i even agree, its just that i try to put the best of the game instead of hating it)
    i know how the chocobos are in other games (ff13 is not my first final fantasy) but i was talking relatevely to the game in question.
    to the story in question i could tell u why they did that but since u dont want to " waste your time" understanding the story if some1 tells u it wont be the same. so i hope someday when u are bored u go to ff13 and try to understand it because its actually a nice story (my opinion..)
    hmm i think you misunderstand. If your willing to explain somethings, fine, i will listen. If your asking me to understand the story, i have already given up on that, as its confusing and not worth my time. So if you understand and can explain it, i appreciate that, as i am sure its much faster than me trying to reread.

    The slow grind is what ruins this game, and as we talked about above, there is no secrets or goals to strive for. Training is just so robotic, and i cant get in the mood to play this. Even watching tv while pressing x is out of the question at this time. Its too bad i am 3 fights away from certain trophies...



  9. #9
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Nobody has ever been swayed on their opinion of a game after they have played it by a post on some forum, so I won't even bother trying to explain why we differentiate on our own individual opinions, or how I feel that you're being unfair with your opinions - because it's how you feel, and you're entitled to it. I feel differently about the game in almost every single aspect that you've listed, but it's a moot point to elaborate on it and would do little to change your feelings about the game. Before "the forumacolypse" there was about a dozen of these floating around everywhere on the forum, and with people taking up sides - but no amount of explanation by either side swayed one or the other, so it was just a fruitless give and take that lead to nothing but both sides putting forth their opinions.

    Now there have been a lot of games I have played, and I didn't like; but I have never felt so inclined with my dislike to just post on a public forum and go full blast about it (especially years after it's initial release). I am unsure what exactly this rant is attempting to accomplish - because there are hundreds of threads out there on the internet by tons of people going over this issue that would have served better than just adding another "hate it" vote - other than trying to get other "rants" to follow, asking for only negative feedback.

    I get it, there are people that don't like it - I understand that. Final Fantasy is a unique series though and each and every new numbered title is completely different and offers it's own experience with a couple of things that may or may not appear in the title that are fan favorites. Of all the series out there, none seems to have a more divided and argumentative fan base than this one, in which people insist on destroying the titles they don't like than they do with this franchise. Why? I don't know, because it never seems to bring people together, and almost never leads to anything constructive.

    If you're not having fun with it - why continue playing it? Just because you're not enjoying it doesn't mean there aren't others out there who aren't enjoying it right now. I don't get what's so alluring about forcing yourself to get the trophies if you are not felling it, and what you expect from others bashing it along with you. It just makes no sense to me and doesn't serve a purpose of why we play games (gonna put the definition of play here, because it seems to often we forget why we do it [Verb: Engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose; Noun: Activity engaged in for enjoyment and recreation]) - except to come off as another person putting their thoughts on why they hate it, and doing nothing to sway those who like it.

    This belongs more in a blog, or on a preexisting topic than on a forum - especially if your only desired response is added negativity, since it doesn't promote discussion and understanding from those who do like it expressing their views.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  10. #10
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    I think am probably the only person that hates any Final Fantasy before XIII on this site. I might know the difference in battle schemes in the past but I feel as if the developers were trying to bring in more different types of gamers. Dragon Quest VIII was my first RPG and I had some bad reservations about it. Since day one of hearing about Final Fantasy, I told myself that those games are for nerds and many years later, I played one and liked it very much. If you are a veteran of the series, why nit pick the game for potential buyers that may like it? I understand your dissatisfaction in a franchise but after awhile of having the audience, wouldn't you want to switch it a bit?

  11. #11
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I agree, and i put this in my rant. 12's gambit system is what made that game better. I forgot about 12 having this, but now i remember it in there. As for the rest being "enjoyable", i am happy you enjoyed it. i dont agree, but to each their own.

    hmm i think you misunderstand. If your willing to explain somethings, fine, i will listen. If your asking me to understand the story, i have already given up on that, as its confusing and not worth my time. So if you understand and can explain it, i appreciate that, as i am sure its much faster than me trying to reread.

    The slow grind is what ruins this game, and as we talked about above, there is no secrets or goals to strive for. Training is just so robotic, and i cant get in the mood to play this. Even watching tv while pressing x is out of the question at this time. Its too bad i am 3 fights away from certain trophies...
    if u want me to explain i will do it:
    ill start with the origin of everything and then ill answer your questions:
    There was a god named Pulse who created Gran Pulse and the fal'cie. the fal'cie created humans. After this Pulse left the world. Then a fal'cie named Lindzei wanted to bring Pulse back to them, and to achieve that he would have to sacrifice a huge number of people to create a door between life and death so that Pulse could pass throught it. To achieve this. Lindzei created Cocoon in order to be sacrificed.
    Fal'cie can't kill or hurt each other so they add to trick humans to think cocoon and pulse fal'cie were enemies when in reality they were "friends".
    500 years before the when the story starts there was a war between Cocoon and Pulse (in wich one of the fal'cie became ragnarok and atacked cocoon). cocoon would be impossible to destroy by this means so they used parts of gran pulse to reconstruct cocoon.
    with their ideals failed they started marking people to make them fulfill the focus of destroying cocoon (the chosen ones were the 6 members u know. there were some others beforer but there were the only ones that could go further)
    the fal'cie made the 6 members kill orphan to make cocoon fall and crash into gran pulse and with that the sacrifice to bring Pulse.
    that plan failed as ragnarok stopped cocoon from falling into gran pulse by forming crystal from gran pulse to "catch" it.

    now the questions:

    [top]justify a good guy trying to kill the heros, just because he wants to ensure they dont fulfill their focus?

    -What good guy are u referring to?
    If it was cid raines (the l’cie they had a fight with in the fifth ark) it was because he wanted to kill them to stop them to fulfill their focus (destroy cocoon). Raines then turned into crystal because he failed his focus. He knew that that would happen to him but he wanted to save the planet he loved.
    "If I can defeat you here, the fal'Cie plan will fail. I will use all my remaining power! I will set you free!" – Cid Raines
    If it was the rosch it was because he was a human. And being that he grew up knowing that līcie and falīcie are trying to destroy cocoon (almost all true) so he knew that their focus was to destroy cocoon and didn’t believe them when they said they wanted to save it.
    "We can trust the pawns no more than the fal'Cie who move them. Humanity's fate rests in its own hands!" – Rosch
    "Tell me, do you really think your life is worth more than the lives of millions of Cocoon citizens?" - Rosch

    how about the fact the high preist is actually a monster, and wants the heros to destroy Orphan?

    The priest is in reality a falīcie making a conection between the other fal’cie and the humans.
    "I am fal'Cie. My name is Barthandelus; voice of the Sanctum, and Lord-Sovereign of the Cocoon fal'Cie.” – Bartandelus.
    With this u can see the reason. As he was a fal’cie he too wanted the destruction of cocoon as well.

    I told u the origin of everything and answered your questions. There is a lot more to tell but since u played all the game I believe u understand the rest. If not feel free to ask. It’s a lot of things so I hope u understand. And if u don’t understand a phrase, im sorry it’s because I’m not an English speaker.

  12. #12
    Rainbow in the dark
    Enviouswrath's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    532
    Reputation
    62

    If i never played any previous final fantasy games, i would've thought this game was awesome. Your opinion of this game is subjected to the previous FF's you played, as it is with all of us.
    The points you mention however are what annoyed me about the game as well.
    Sadly this game did not deserve the title of a Final Fantasy sequel.
    sig made by Bladia

    Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty
    .......................................................





  13. #13
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Nobody has ever been swayed on their opinion of a game after they have played it by a post on some forum, so I won't even bother trying to explain why we differentiate on our own individual opinions, or how I feel that you're being unfair with your opinions - because it's how you feel, and you're entitled to it. I feel differently about the game in almost every single aspect that you've listed, but it's a moot point to elaborate on it and would do little to change your feelings about the game. Before "the forumacolypse" there was about a dozen of these floating around everywhere on the forum, and with people taking up sides - but no amount of explanation by either side swayed one or the other, so it was just a fruitless give and take that lead to nothing but both sides putting forth their opinions.

    Now there have been a lot of games I have played, and I didn't like; but I have never felt so inclined with my dislike to just post on a public forum and go full blast about it (especially years after it's initial release). I am unsure what exactly this rant is attempting to accomplish - because there are hundreds of threads out there on the internet by tons of people going over this issue that would have served better than just adding another "hate it" vote - other than trying to get other "rants" to follow, asking for only negative feedback.

    I get it, there are people that don't like it - I understand that. Final Fantasy is a unique series though and each and every new numbered title is completely different and offers it's own experience with a couple of things that may or may not appear in the title that are fan favorites. Of all the series out there, none seems to have a more divided and argumentative fan base than this one, in which people insist on destroying the titles they don't like than they do with this franchise. Why? I don't know, because it never seems to bring people together, and almost never leads to anything constructive.

    If you're not having fun with it - why continue playing it? Just because you're not enjoying it doesn't mean there aren't others out there who aren't enjoying it right now. I don't get what's so alluring about forcing yourself to get the trophies if you are not felling it, and what you expect from others bashing it along with you. It just makes no sense to me and doesn't serve a purpose of why we play games (gonna put the definition of play here, because it seems to often we forget why we do it [Verb: Engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose; Noun: Activity engaged in for enjoyment and recreation]) - except to come off as another person putting their thoughts on why they hate it, and doing nothing to sway those who like it.

    This belongs more in a blog, or on a preexisting topic than on a forum - especially if your only desired response is added negativity, since it doesn't promote discussion and understanding from those who do like it expressing their views.
    First, i didnt post this to sway anyone for or against this game title. I started playing it again, and wanted to vent fustrations i had with this game, compared to the previous titles of the series (which are more fun, and what i expect when i hear final fantasy)

    You still misunderstand, as this is not to add a "hate it" vote to anything. i simply wanted others to post their RANT, and then i could compare what they liked or didnt like about it. Again this wasnt for a discussion, and the only reason i didnt lock this thread right away was to be able to talk you everyone. I am hurt you think i want people to post more negative stuff about the game title.

    I played this game to get it off my "to do list", and although i dont enjoy it as much as previous FF titles, i still get a rush for the trophies. Again, i never asked others to bash this title. In fact, its the opposite, i didnt want to discuss this. Clearly it says that before you even open the rant

    This does promote understanding who do like to express their views. This is my view and i am expressing it. As far as "promote discussion", what are all these responses then? Hate mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    I think am probably the only person that hates any Final Fantasy before XIII on this site. I might know the difference in battle schemes in the past but I feel as if the developers were trying to bring in more different types of gamers. Dragon Quest VIII was my first RPG and I had some bad reservations about it. Since day one of hearing about Final Fantasy, I told myself that those games are for nerds and many years later, I played one and liked it very much. If you are a veteran of the series, why nit pick the game for potential buyers that may like it? I understand your dissatisfaction in a franchise but after awhile of having the audience, wouldn't you want to switch it a bit?
    Not sure i understand. Why nit pick the game for potential buyers? What do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by UnversedPT View Post
    if u want me to explain i will do it:
    ill start with the origin of everything and then ill answer your questions:
    There was a god named Pulse who created Gran Pulse and the fal'cie. the fal'cie created humans. After this Pulse left the world. Then a fal'cie named Lindzei wanted to bring Pulse back to them, and to achieve that he would have to sacrifice a huge number of people to create a door between life and death so that Pulse could pass throught it. To achieve this. Lindzei created Cocoon in order to be sacrificed.
    Fal'cie can't kill or hurt each other so they add to trick humans to think cocoon and pulse fal'cie were enemies when in reality they were "friends".
    500 years before the when the story starts there was a war between Cocoon and Pulse (in wich one of the fal'cie became ragnarok and atacked cocoon). cocoon would be impossible to destroy by this means so they used parts of gran pulse to reconstruct cocoon.
    with their ideals failed they started marking people to make them fulfill the focus of destroying cocoon (the chosen ones were the 6 members u know. there were some others beforer but there were the only ones that could go further)
    the fal'cie made the 6 members kill orphan to make cocoon fall and crash into gran pulse and with that the sacrifice to bring Pulse.
    that plan failed as ragnarok stopped cocoon from falling into gran pulse by forming crystal from gran pulse to "catch" it.

    now the questions:

    [top]justify a good guy trying to kill the heros, just because he wants to ensure they dont fulfill their focus?

    -What good guy are u referring to?
    If it was cid raines (the l’cie they had a fight with in the fifth ark) it was because he wanted to kill them to stop them to fulfill their focus (destroy cocoon). Raines then turned into crystal because he failed his focus. He knew that that would happen to him but he wanted to save the planet he loved.
    "If I can defeat you here, the fal'Cie plan will fail. I will use all my remaining power! I will set you free!" – Cid Raines
    If it was the rosch it was because he was a human. And being that he grew up knowing that līcie and falīcie are trying to destroy cocoon (almost all true) so he knew that their focus was to destroy cocoon and didn’t believe them when they said they wanted to save it.
    "We can trust the pawns no more than the fal'Cie who move them. Humanity's fate rests in its own hands!" – Rosch
    "Tell me, do you really think your life is worth more than the lives of millions of Cocoon citizens?" - Rosch

    how about the fact the high preist is actually a monster, and wants the heros to destroy Orphan?

    The priest is in reality a falīcie making a conection between the other fal’cie and the humans.
    "I am fal'Cie. My name is Barthandelus; voice of the Sanctum, and Lord-Sovereign of the Cocoon fal'Cie.” – Bartandelus.
    With this u can see the reason. As he was a fal’cie he too wanted the destruction of cocoon as well.

    I told u the origin of everything and answered your questions. There is a lot more to tell but since u played all the game I believe u understand the rest. If not feel free to ask. It’s a lot of things so I hope u understand. And if u don’t understand a phrase, im sorry it’s because I’m not an English speaker.
    I guess i got the jist of it. I still dont really understand why the tattoo they get is a "hourglass", showing how much time they got left and what not. THe whole story they are "no longer human", yet the only thing marking them is a tattoo that for the most part isnt visible anyway. Yet when a person sees that, they start running. No one questions the fact that these "monsters" are actually saving people? Also, why do some of the army enemies turn? If they are marked like the rest, then why dont they use magic?

    I guess i just dont understand it all. I still think they could have made it easier and just made it that "the heros get a alien parasite, which grants them magic" instead of just a tattoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    If i never played any previous final fantasy games, i would've thought this game was awesome. Your opinion of this game is subjected to the previous FF's you played, as it is with all of us.
    The points you mention however are what annoyed me about the game as well.
    Sadly this game did not deserve the title of a Final Fantasy sequel.
    I agree and disagree with you there. I still think if i NEVER played a FF title before, that i still wouldnt like this one. I might not have such strong dislike for it, but none the less it still wouldnt be fun. if the story is confusing, the females arnt as seductive, and the fight system is so automated, i can bank that i wouldnt like it

    Compared to the other games out at the moment, its very limited as far as freedom, and the strategy in fights is almost nonexistent for any non boss fight. Even some bosses will die with a Medic and two attackers.



  14. #14
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    Nitpick- to criticize by focusing on inconsequential details or to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details. That's pretty much what your doing. Every game has it's flaws. This rant kinda like a hotdog; You want it because your hungry but once you find out the ingredients, you may not like it. I am happy in all you didn't just run on and on about how it sucks without justifying your reasons but have you consider the notion that the company is trying to expand or make up for lost income because people like yourself nitpick a game so much, people don't want to bother with it?

  15. #15
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,535
    Reputation
    185

    And while all of us westerners send the bitch train into overdrive, all the Japanese shake their head and shrug and complain why they should have to share their toys with us, since we have this overblown entitlement that Japanese games have to be made to please western egos.

    Final Fantasy is a Japanese game that blew off the roof in Japan, as the top selling game in Japan on the PS3. I hope Square says fuck you America with the next Final Fantasy, cause it's just a bitch train by us and its not even constructive. Some of the complaints I've heard for FF13 are some of the weakest I've ever heard. "It's bad because it's linear" Well, whoopdy freaking do, the game is linear. Uncharted is as linear as the straight line, but we won't bitch about that or think that's a negative because it's a western made game. Mass Effect, yep I'm taking you on, your a straight arrow as well.

    Combat system worries? Oh, thank you Square. I'm being serious when I say this part. Thank you for giving me an auto-battle. I for one am sick of having to go through the monotony of picking the actions of multiple people in every battle because its the 21st century. 95% of enemies are worthless and we know it. Square was being nice enough to admit they are just speed bumps for us to grind over. I don't get why someone would want to spend a 30 seconds to a minute picking 'attack' move cursor pick bad guy, for his party, when realistically just hitting auto-battle is saving you the time for what you'd be doing anyways.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  16. #16
    Galaxy beauty pirate
    Artemis's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,464
    Reputation
    216

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I hope Square says fuck you America with the next Final Fantasy, cause it's just a bitch train by us and its not even constructive.
    As long as Europe gets it, I don't mind.
    Sig by Ramon

  17. #17
    PRO Member
    ecks13's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,142
    Reputation
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    And while all of us westerners send the bitch train into overdrive, all the Japanese shake their head and shrug and complain why they should have to share their toys with us, since we have this overblown entitlement that Japanese games have to be made to please western egos.

    Final Fantasy is a Japanese game that blew off the roof in Japan, as the top selling game in Japan on the PS3. I hope Square says fuck you America with the next Final Fantasy, cause it's just a bitch train by us and its not even constructive. Some of the complaints I've heard for FF13 are some of the weakest I've ever heard. "It's bad because it's linear" Well, whoopdy freaking do, the game is linear. Uncharted is as linear as the straight line, but we won't bitch about that or think that's a negative because it's a western made game. Mass Effect, yep I'm taking you on, your a straight arrow as well.

    Combat system worries? Oh, thank you Square. I'm being serious when I say this part. Thank you for giving me an auto-battle. I for one am sick of having to go through the monotony of picking the actions of multiple people in every battle because its the 21st century. 95% of enemies are worthless and we know it. Square was being nice enough to admit they are just speed bumps for us to grind over. I don't get why someone would want to spend a 30 seconds to a minute picking 'attack' move cursor pick bad guy, for his party, when realistically just hitting auto-battle is saving you the time for what you'd be doing anyways.
    i agree with what you say, But im in america and i want the next FF too...I loved the battle system, i was nervous when me and a buddy both picked it up and her start playing before i did and told me that the battle system wasnt Turn Based...but once you start playing it feels like second nature...

    i didnt like that the part leader dies the battles over, but they corrected that in FF13-2....

    as for the story, yeah, i was a lil confused as to what was really going on...and i didnt like how, instead of begin but in the begin of a story, we are placed in the middle and give glimps and text as to how this all started...but take a few mins to read the auto update and you'll be caught up...

    the level design, yes, there are linear...and to some time to branch out, but wasnt FFX the same way (which was my 1st FF game)...

    Side Note:
    if FF13 was done wrong, why would square want to remake FFX using 13's parts...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

  18. #18
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    I am sorry but I have to greatly disagree with you on this one. I respect your opinion, but I recently just finished up the plat and clocked in at 120 hours and loved every second of it. I gave it 9 gold trophies out of 10 on my checklist.

    Battle System - First of all there is nothing wrong with having a fast battle system. It is called innovation. And that is what the Japanese gaming market greatly needs right now and Square seems to be one of the only developers doing it. I will admit that the first half of the game is easy but then once it gets turned up there is no way in hell that you could "watch t.v." You are constantly switching paradigms and the battles can get really intense at some points. You could go from buffing yourself and the enemy to attacking the enemy with magic to boost it's stagger to healing yourself to attacking with magic again to healing yourself again to attacking with melee etc. And this could all happen in a very short amount of time. And from what I remember, I thought that some monsters did give you gil (money) but maybe I was wrong. Also, the five star thing is simply just a rating for your battle, nothing more, nothing less. And there is nothing wrong with that.

    Story - I have played a lot of Final Fantasies so saying that this story was any weirder than the others is just plain biased. Okay so basically there are "Gods" called Fal' Cie. They can put a brand on a human and make them a L' Cie. See the difference. Also you thought it was strange that there were robots in the wilderness...... It is a fantasy story bud. A little thing like that doesn't matter that is why it is fantasy. Also crystals have been a big part in nearly all Final Fantasy games. Just like chocobos or Sid. When a L'Cie does not complete it's task (focus) that a Fal'Cie gave it than their body turns into a lifeless monster and their soul gets trapped in one of those floating things that you see around Gran Pulse. If they complete their focus than they are crystallized and granted eternal life. So it made sense to me but I am used to weird plots in games lol.

    Items - There are many RPG's that use this same system. You don't need to use get an item after the battle. A lot of RPG's use the luck system. There really isn't anything wrong with that either. I do agree about how it would be nice to know how much xp you need to max out an item.

    Replay Value - I do actually agree with you here. There really wasn't much replay value at all besides the 64 Cieth stones. Sure, they were great fun and all, but like you said it did just sorta turn out to become a grind.

    So that is my opinion on the game. I really enjoyed almost everything about it.

    Sig by Bladia


  19. #19
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I am sorry but I have to greatly disagree with you on this one. I respect your opinion, but I recently just finished up the plat and clocked in at 120 hours and loved every second of it. I gave it 9 gold trophies out of 10 on my checklist.

    Battle System - First of all there is nothing wrong with having a fast battle system. It is called innovation. And that is what the Japanese gaming market greatly needs right now and Square seems to be one of the only developers doing it. I will admit that the first half of the game is easy but then once it gets turned up there is no way in hell that you could "watch t.v." You are constantly switching paradigms and the battles can get really intense at some points. You could go from buffing yourself and the enemy to attacking the enemy with magic to boost it's stagger to healing yourself to attacking with magic again to healing yourself again to attacking with melee etc. And this could all happen in a very short amount of time. And from what I remember, I thought that some monsters did give you gil (money) but maybe I was wrong. Also, the five star thing is simply just a rating for your battle, nothing more, nothing less. And there is nothing wrong with that.

    Story - I have played a lot of Final Fantasies so saying that this story was any weirder than the others is just plain biased. Okay so basically there are "Gods" called Fal' Cie. They can put a brand on a human and make them a L' Cie. See the difference. Also you thought it was strange that there were robots in the wilderness...... It is a fantasy story bud. A little thing like that doesn't matter that is why it is fantasy. Also crystals have been a big part in nearly all Final Fantasy games. Just like chocobos or Sid. When a L'Cie does not complete it's task (focus) that a Fal'Cie gave it than their body turns into a lifeless monster and their soul gets trapped in one of those floating things that you see around Gran Pulse. If they complete their focus than they are crystallized and granted eternal life. So it made sense to me but I am used to weird plots in games lol.

    Items - There are many RPG's that use this same system. You don't need to use get an item after the battle. A lot of RPG's use the luck system. There really isn't anything wrong with that either. I do agree about how it would be nice to know how much xp you need to max out an item.

    Replay Value - I do actually agree with you here. There really wasn't much replay value at all besides the 64 Cieth stones. Sure, they were great fun and all, but like you said it did just sorta turn out to become a grind.

    So that is my opinion on the game. I really enjoyed almost everything about it.

    good to know i wasnt the only one who loved the game (like the other ff)
    about the grinding part im used to it since i played mmorpgs in the pc (4story, metin2, wow and so on) so its fine by me.
    i have the strongest weapons of all characters at lvl max (it doesnt matter to his but im proud of my weapons so i wanted to tell lol)

  20. #20
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Nitpick- to criticize by focusing on inconsequential details or to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details. That's pretty much what your doing. Every game has it's flaws. This rant kinda like a hotdog; You want it because your hungry but once you find out the ingredients, you may not like it. I am happy in all you didn't just run on and on about how it sucks without justifying your reasons but have you consider the notion that the company is trying to expand or make up for lost income because people like yourself nitpick a game so much, people don't want to bother with it?
    Well i disagree with your use of the word Nitpick. Sure i pointed out "negative" things i felt about this game, but i hardly think it was inconsequential details.

    If your telling me the story and fight system (well over 50% of the game) is inconsequential, then please explain


    Your right, every game does have its flaws! I dont plan to rant about games that the pros out weigh the cons. I could make a rant for every single game i played that wasnt up to my standards, but alas i wanted to discuss this one with you, my peers.

    I did consider the notion that the company was expanding or that they are "making up for lost income", but i also wonder why they cant just stick to what people enjoy. Like i said, they experimented with this one IMO, and although it was interesting, i dont feel it was sucessful. I know i am not the only one, but if all you guys want to just disagree and not explain your reasoning, i guess we cant discuss anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    And while all of us westerners send the bitch train into overdrive, all the Japanese shake their head and shrug and complain why they should have to share their toys with us, since we have this overblown entitlement that Japanese games have to be made to please western egos.

    Final Fantasy is a Japanese game that blew off the roof in Japan, as the top selling game in Japan on the PS3. I hope Square says fuck you America with the next Final Fantasy, cause it's just a bitch train by us and its not even constructive. Some of the complaints I've heard for FF13 are some of the weakest I've ever heard. "It's bad because it's linear" Well, whoopdy freaking do, the game is linear. Uncharted is as linear as the straight line, but we won't bitch about that or think that's a negative because it's a western made game. Mass Effect, yep I'm taking you on, your a straight arrow as well.

    Combat system worries? Oh, thank you Square. I'm being serious when I say this part. Thank you for giving me an auto-battle. I for one am sick of having to go through the monotony of picking the actions of multiple people in every battle because its the 21st century. 95% of enemies are worthless and we know it. Square was being nice enough to admit they are just speed bumps for us to grind over. I don't get why someone would want to spend a 30 seconds to a minute picking 'attack' move cursor pick bad guy, for his party, when realistically just hitting auto-battle is saving you the time for what you'd be doing anyways.
    I agree and disagree with you on this one. Yes the "west" complains more (remember its more than just me), but i think from previous titles, we all expected a similar game, and its not what we wanted.

    So this FF game is linear. Uncharted is also linear.

    What i enjoyed about FF, Saints row, GTA, etc, was the fact that you can fuss around with no goal and still enjoy the game. Yes there are missions or storylines to go through, but at any point if your bored you can go out and run someone over (or grind for money and exp)

    So again, it wasnt what i expected, and thus lost interest in it early. If your telling me the soonest you can have some freedom is chapter 11 (out of 13 chapters), then your crazy to expect people to "enjoy" the torture till then. This is all my opinion, as many of you enjoyed the game. I am happy for you, as this isnt just to bad mouth this title. If the Japanese enjoyed it, then great!

    THE GAME IS A SUCESS WEITHER YOU AGREE WITH ME OR NOT.

    I just wanted to vent my fustration and i dont feel in the wrong since i have my own reasons.

    Can i also point out that Mass effect, Uncharted, etc is linear. What i mean to say is YOU EXPECT IT TO BE LINEAR. WHat you also get is collectables. You can also use a chapter select to go back to re-enjoy a mission.

    If your going to compare two different series, at least point out the obvious reasons that make them different, instead of using them as a example just because of the general idea that they are "linear" so deal with it argument

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    As long as Europe gets it, I don't mind.
    not much to say there. I still am happy i have this FF title. It might not be as fun as previous titles, but i am still a fan boy with OCD. I need to collect each FF, regardless of playability
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    i agree with what you say, But im in america and i want the next FF too...I loved the battle system, i was nervous when me and a buddy both picked it up and her start playing before i did and told me that the battle system wasnt Turn Based...but once you start playing it feels like second nature...

    i didnt like that the part leader dies the battles over, but they corrected that in FF13-2....

    as for the story, yeah, i was a lil confused as to what was really going on...and i didnt like how, instead of begin but in the begin of a story, we are placed in the middle and give glimps and text as to how this all started...but take a few mins to read the auto update and you'll be caught up...

    the level design, yes, there are linear...and to some time to branch out, but wasnt FFX the same way (which was my 1st FF game)...

    Side Note:
    if FF13 was done wrong, why would square want to remake FFX using 13's parts...
    Again i agree and disagree. I wanted this game, and enjoyed it. Trophies really make the torture less painful.

    i agree with the things you said you disliked, but i dont agree with your comment that it becomes "second nature" or that FFX was the same way (linear)

    10 was slightly linear, but at many points you could go do side missions, mini games (sports?), train, get optional GFs, obtain fun Gfs, and just had a better story line.

    I dont think that having the story at half way and backtracking was too confusing, but i do think that the emotions were really fake (anger because Sazch's son was turned?), and the story really was confusing (as i said before). Some of the officers you thought was bosses turned out to just be humans that die off.

    About your sidenote: There could be many reasons for this. One i think of is that they refuse to see that some people didnt enjoy this title. They could be in denile, or enjoyed the way the game turned out and wanted to fix previous games. There are many possible logical reasons, but the true answer will show when they try to sell the remake of X. If it sells, others like it. If it doesnt... Can i say i told you so?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I am sorry but I have to greatly disagree with you on this one. I respect your opinion, but I recently just finished up the plat and clocked in at 120 hours and loved every second of it. I gave it 9 gold trophies out of 10 on my checklist.

    Battle System - First of all there is nothing wrong with having a fast battle system. It is called innovation. And that is what the Japanese gaming market greatly needs right now and Square seems to be one of the only developers doing it. I will admit that the first half of the game is easy but then once it gets turned up there is no way in hell that you could "watch t.v." You are constantly switching paradigms and the battles can get really intense at some points. You could go from buffing yourself and the enemy to attacking the enemy with magic to boost it's stagger to healing yourself to attacking with magic again to healing yourself again to attacking with melee etc. And this could all happen in a very short amount of time. And from what I remember, I thought that some monsters did give you gil (money) but maybe I was wrong. Also, the five star thing is simply just a rating for your battle, nothing more, nothing less. And there is nothing wrong with that.

    Story - I have played a lot of Final Fantasies so saying that this story was any weirder than the others is just plain biased. Okay so basically there are "Gods" called Fal' Cie. They can put a brand on a human and make them a L' Cie. See the difference. Also you thought it was strange that there were robots in the wilderness...... It is a fantasy story bud. A little thing like that doesn't matter that is why it is fantasy. Also crystals have been a big part in nearly all Final Fantasy games. Just like chocobos or Sid. When a L'Cie does not complete it's task (focus) that a Fal'Cie gave it than their body turns into a lifeless monster and their soul gets trapped in one of those floating things that you see around Gran Pulse. If they complete their focus than they are crystallized and granted eternal life. So it made sense to me but I am used to weird plots in games lol.

    Items - There are many RPG's that use this same system. You don't need to use get an item after the battle. A lot of RPG's use the luck system. There really isn't anything wrong with that either. I do agree about how it would be nice to know how much xp you need to max out an item.

    Replay Value - I do actually agree with you here. There really wasn't much replay value at all besides the 64 Cieth stones. Sure, they were great fun and all, but like you said it did just sorta turn out to become a grind.

    So that is my opinion on the game. I really enjoyed almost everything about it.
    I also appreciate your opinion

    For the battle system, i am sorry to say i did watch tv while playing. Not just the first half of the game, but the whole game. boss fights are long but require little help to beat them. YOu do change paradigms, but in most cases just leave a attacker and some medics and they can tough it out.

    I even went through some battles asleep, so that just shows how the AI can take out most people given enough time.

    As far as the monsters giving gil, thats untrue. As far as the rating, i know it means nothing, which is really aggravating when you need that 5 star rank for a trophy.

    Now onto your explanation of robots in the wild. Really? Your argument is its a fantasy game and it can have robots if it wants? it not only doesnt fit the story (armies using robots i get, but robots in the wild?), but because its a fantasy game, they could have made so many more cooler monsters.

    i dont really care about the monsters or how they fit into the story. That info doesnt help me earn trophies.

    I did care about the fact that they have fal'cie and l'cie. THey couldnt come up with more definite words? These two words sound so similar, its no wonder i was confused which was which.

    Story: I understood some of it, but would have liked the "gods" to either be really immortal, or more present in the story. Why is it just a brand, that has the power to change a person? What changes in a person? a tattoo and some magic? where does the magic come from? The tattoo? WHy isnt everyone going out to get some magic? Seems like there are alot of people that had magic (all the floating stones). If their focus is obtained, why are they still stones?

    This is an example of nitpicking. The story isnt as important, but this one really didnt fit.

    let me conclude with the crystal eternal life idea. So a human is captured, turned into a monster (they look the same, but are now monsters) and forced to do a job. If they dont do it, they are punished by losing their body and soul. If they do complete the task, they can be crystalized and live forever (which isnt really a reward) and can possibly be revived? Where in the story shows how to revive a person?

    What if they complete the focus and become a monster, but a heavenly one (opposed to a evil one)? What if instead of tattoos they are implanted with something? What if there was something similar to Orphan that wanted to help them for good (not evil)?

    I just pointed out some ideas that the story could have gone. There will always be better ideas for a storyline, but what they ended up with is no where near understandable. For all those of you that enjoyed the story, great. For those of you that thought it was lacking, i agree...


    Quote Originally Posted by UnversedPT View Post
    good to know i wasnt the only one who loved the game (like the other ff)
    about the grinding part im used to it since i played mmorpgs in the pc (4story, metin2, wow and so on) so its fine by me.
    i have the strongest weapons of all characters at lvl max (it doesnt matter to his but im proud of my weapons so i wanted to tell lol)
    see what i wonder now is have you compared the previous ff titles to this one. You loved the game, just like the other ff. Which, then, was your favorite. If it was this one, then great. If it was an older title, you would have reasons for liking that one over this one.

    If that is the case, they could at least make something people prefer.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO