Metal Gear Solid 5/Fox Engine at Comic-Con

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Solid 5/Fox Engine at Comic-Con within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Metal Gear Solid 5 could well have been revealed behind closed doors at Comic Con over the weekend according to ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Metal Gear Solid 5/Fox Engine at Comic-Con

Metal Gear Solid 5 could well have been revealed behind closed doors at Comic Con over the weekend according to mounting speculation and a number of images alleged to have leaked from the reveal.

Epic's Cliff Bleszinski tweeted on Saturday, leading to specualtion that Kojima was showing the next-gen Fox Engine at the event.

Turns out the presentation could have included MGS5 as well.

'Metal Gear Solid 5: Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour' is featured on fuzzy slides posted over on GAF, featuring lines such as 'A Paradise Is Born Of The Bloodstained Earth', while dialogue seems to read: "The moment we were cast out of heaven we became monsters," and "Would she have wanted this? That doesn't matter now."

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Project OGRE! (one of my favorite words to shout out IRL).

Sounds interesting, perhaps another venture as Big Boss, or maybe you give a go as Liquid? Perhaps it takes place in relation to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? For some reason It doesn't sound like an installment with Solid as the main protagonist this go-around. Whoever you play as, this is going to sell like hotcakes anyways. We will have months upon months to speculate - and it's not like Kojima hasn't pulled off the biggest trolling in video game history when he flipped Raiden on us in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 4 - Silver

I remember reading somewhere Konami UK tweeting that those pictures are fake. But only that those pictures are fake. Nothing about MGS5 being a rumor
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

PRO Member

Definitely sounds like a Big Boss story....

"A paradise is born of the bloodstained Earth." Could very well be referring to Outer Heaven.

"The moment we were cast out of Heaven, we became monsters." This is probably referring to when Snake destroyed Outer Heaven. Maybe the game will be about what Big Boss was up to between Metal Gear 2 and MGS4.

"Would she have wanted this? It doesn't matter now." "She" could very well be The Boss. Maybe Big Boss is saying this quote. In Peace Walker he was always thinking about The Boss. So maybe in this game Big Boss is living with the guilt of Outer Heaven because he knows that is not what The Boss wanted from him.

Just speculation

edit: Also in one of the pictures it says NFANTS. This may sound like a long shot, but it could be referring to the Les Enfants Terribles project. Which is the procedure in which Snake, Liquid and Solidus were born.

Sig by Bladia

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    I remember reading somewhere Konami UK tweeting that those pictures are fake. But only that those pictures are fake. Nothing about MGS5 being a rumor
    I think Konami is just doing damage control for an early leak. I highly doubt Cliff Bleszinski is making it up, and it seems the pieces fit into place a bit too much, for this puzzle to not match up. Like I said earlier, we all got trolled by Kojima before, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is going to try again.

Very little chance of that being fake if you want my personal take on it, and a flat out denial doesn't exactly mean much (Capcom did the same thing when Resident Evil 6 leaked early.) I think a couple months from now, when the inevitable reveal happens (be it at Gamescom, Tokyo Gaming Show, or the VGA's on Spike) I am not going to be too overly shocked.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

No Game No Life

This got my attention. ZER could be ZERO, ENAMO could be RENAMO and NFANTS could be ENFANTS. Now what's ALZURG?

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post

This got my attention. ZER could be ZERO, ENAMO could be RENAMO and NFANTS could be ENFANTS. Now what's ALZURG?
    Well, the letter left off of "ZERO" is O, the letter off of "RENAMO" is R, and the letter off of "ENFANTS" is E... O_RE, so the letter off go ALZURG could be G, making it spell "OGRE". Unless the G at the end of ALZURG is the G, otherwise it would be GALZURG?
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Project OGRE! (one of my favorite words to shout out IRL).

Sounds interesting, perhaps another venture as Big Boss, or maybe you give a go as Liquid? Perhaps it takes place in relation to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? For some reason It doesn't sound like an installment with Solid as the main protagonist this go-around. Whoever you play as, this is going to sell like hotcakes anyways. We will have months upon months to speculate - and it's not like Kojima hasn't pulled off the biggest trolling in video game history when he flipped Raiden on us in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.
    Oh man. I wouldn't mind playing Liquids portion...that would be crazy. Another installment with Big Boss though would be stellar!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Well, the letter left off of "ZERO" is O, the letter off of "RENAMO" is R, and the letter off of "ENFANTS" is E... O_RE, so the letter off go ALZURG could be G, making it spell "OGRE". Unless the G at the end of ALZURG is the G, otherwise it would be GALZURG?
    Oh right why didn't I think of that The words ZERO, RENAMO and ENFANTS were familiar at first glance but GALZRUG didn't ring a bell. So OGRE could be referring to Project OGRE, now... Crap too sleepy to brainstorm.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 8 - Gold

With that Big Boss artwork released some time ago and the quotes from the leak it's pretty certain we'll play as Big Boss. And this is all cool but I'd like a trailer.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Whatever it is, Konami is denying it.

Konami Shoots Down Metal Gear Solid 5 Rumors

I'm still skeptical...Kojima could've shown off the game, but these aren't the actual shots. Then again, not the first time a company denied a game that eventually was soon after announced. They are probably going to announce it at the 25th anniversary at the end of August.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I think Konami is just doing damage control for an early leak. I highly doubt Cliff Bleszinski is making it up, and it seems the pieces fit into place a bit too much, for this puzzle to not match up. Like I said earlier, we all got trolled by Kojima before, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is going to try again.

Very little chance of that being fake if you want my personal take on it, and a flat out denial doesn't exactly mean much (Capcom did the same thing when Resident Evil 6 leaked early.) I think a couple months from now, when the inevitable reveal happens (be it at Gamescom, Tokyo Gaming Show, or the VGA's on Spike) I am not going to be too overly shocked.
    Nothing Cliff said points to MGS5, though - just that he was shown the FOX engine. We don't actually know WHAT he was shown - it's just speculation as to whether or not it's actually MGS5, or that it was even there to begin with.

Frankly, I doubt it really was. Or, at the very least, I doubt that these pictures are legit if it was there.

1.) That font hasn't been used for the MGS title since Peace Walker - they changed it for MGS4. Rising also uses a newer title font. Why would they suddenly go back to the old(er) one?

2.) The font that's used for those older titles is easily acquired, hell, I'm using it in my signature showcase on the site here. Not that hard to whip up an image, slap a Metal Gear sounding quote on it, and then take a blurry picture of it on a TV screen or computer monitor.

There's an event coming up in August - the one where they are going to announce the trophy support for MGS4 and all that, for the 25th Anniversary of the series. If there's ANYTHING about MGS5 to be confirmed, it'll likely be there before anything else.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    There's an event coming up in August - the one where they are going to announce the trophy support for MGS4 and all that, for the 25th Anniversary of the series. If there's ANYTHING about MGS5 to be confirmed, it'll likely be there before anything else.
    I too, believe, that if they announce anything, it'll be there. Until then, I'd rather avoid speculating on something I have no solid info about.

Now, if those pics turn out to be true, then I, too, think it'll be Big Boss related due to the "Would she have wanted this?" line.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.