Sydney, Australia members, where did you get your YLOD fixed?

This is a discussion on Sydney, Australia members, where did you get your YLOD fixed? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Due to a very bad customer service experience, I am in need of a new repairer for my ps3 YLOD. ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Sydney, Australia members, where did you get your YLOD fixed?

Due to a very bad customer service experience, I am in need of a new repairer for my ps3 YLOD.

If anyone could recommend me someone around the western Sydney area, I'd very much appreciate it

(As a side note, I already have a new slim ps3. The one im looking to repair is one I use as a secondary console for friends to game online together).

Thanks for reading.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Crocodile Hunter

Hey mate, you could try ringing up sony and asking them what to do. Ive never had YLOD as i keep buying new ps3's

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 6 - Silver

Sony is the last person anyone should send there PS3 to ironically. Ha, fair enough, how many ps3's do you have now if you keep buying new ones?

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 3 - Bronze

How far west are we talking?
    Google Beetronix, they pick up dead consoles Sydney Metro area. and then repair.
    If they can't fix it, they send it back to you without charge.

Not sure on if it's ok to post link at the forum, otherwise I would have.

I have a FAT 60gb BC model that had the RLOD about 18 months ago, it got sent back to Sony for repair.
    They fixed it sort of, the fan cuts in at top speed after 2 minutes and is so loud you can't hear dialouge in a movie or game, then after 15 minutes or a ambient temp of 22c it will give a overheating warning.
    So for all intended purposes the console is useless, so I packed it away and bought a slim

Lvl 9 - Gold

i looked on youtube for ylod fix and did it myself.... although i then had 2 weeks off about a month later, played it non stop and it died for good