Weird things happening to Ps3 controller

This is a discussion on Weird things happening to Ps3 controller within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Yet another problem for me... Now mostly every time I hit the left analog stick left and am hitting L2 ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Weird things happening to Ps3 controller

Yet another problem for me... Now mostly every time I hit the left analog stick left and am hitting L2 at the same time the L2 button becomes unresponsive. Especially sucks because I play a lot of racing games, and I do play the NASCAR video games which requires a lot of left hand turns and braking.

Closing this account

Maybe it's time to clean it up or replace it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

That the thing just got done cleaning it throughly and then this problem started to arise -___- and the controller is still fairly new only 9 months old...

Rangers F.C

I got a question too , I leave one controller charging and play with one till it runs out , then swap over but the times between the swap over is getting less and less , normally about 4 hours solid gameplay
    1 Is it because I leave one charging all the time its affecting it ?
    2 Or is it just with age and natural ( both are about year and a half )
    3 Not a big deal cause a have 2 but if one were to break I would only have a four hour window , oh shit , lol

Level 5 Esper

Quote Originally Posted by NASCARfan247 View Post
    Yet another problem for me... Now mostly every time I hit the left analog stick left and am hitting L2 at the same time the L2 button becomes unresponsive. Especially sucks because I play a lot of racing games, and I do play the NASCAR video games which requires a lot of left hand turns and braking.
    My guess if you're holding down L2 a lot for an extended period of time, the spring might be messing up. Like I held down my square button on a turbo controller for 24 hours for LBP2 and it doesn't really bounce back up as it should anymore. Maybe it's time to get another one??

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I got a question too , I leave one controller charging and play with one till it runs out , then swap over but the times between the swap over is getting less and less , normally about 4 hours solid gameplay
    3 Not a big deal cause a have 2 but if one were to break I would only have a four hour window , oh shit , lol
    1. Don't think there should be a memory effect on PS3 controllers
    2. Probably age, but year and a half seem really short
    3. Get a third backup lol
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Lvl 3 - Bronze

@ NASCARfan247:

It could be a multitude of reasons - is your controller a Dualshock or a third-party one? Maybe you should try googling cleaning methods for controllers (if you haven't already). I think using cleaning alcohol with a cloth usually does the trick for most electronic devices.

You are obviously into nascar, so maybe it's the way you use the controller, always turning left and/or braking hard? It really sucks for you that your controller is like this only after 9 months, but if it really is an issue, you best buy a new controller.

And I know this may be an instinctive habit, but if you do get a new controller, try to be conscious of how hard you are pressing the buttons. I know my housemate gets a really sore thumb during our GT5 racing sessions because he presses down so hard on the buttons, thinking that it will make a difference in-game (and partly because of the tension of losing to me all the time hehehe...). And he sometimes throws the controller on the ground in frustration after he loses... So I guess what I am trying to say is: take care of your controller by keeping it clean after every gaming session, and don't throw it around.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Have you checked the power-saving settings for the controllers? You can set the controller to turn off after a certain duration of time when it is not being used. Also, as with all rechargeable batteries, it's good to fully drain it every few weeks.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)