View Poll Results: Do you feel compelled to platinum/buy a prequel/sequel to a game that you already platinumed?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my Trophy Collection would feel incomplete without the rest of the series.

17 39.53%
  • No, not really...

8 18.60%
  • It depends (Gameplay, Price, Trophy Difficulty, etc.)

18 41.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you feel compelled to platinum/buy a prequel/sequel to a game that you already platinumed?

This is a discussion on Do you feel compelled to platinum/buy a prequel/sequel to a game that you already platinumed? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sometimes, yes. At the time I had the Dead Space plat, I died for the Dead Space 2 plat....

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Sometimes, yes. At the time I had the Dead Space plat, I died for the Dead Space 2 plat.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Compelled no, but if I like a series I'll follow through with the others.

Huge Gaming Backlog

No not really. Depending on if I like the game enough.
    Didn't really get into the first Uncharted but I liked the second and the third.
    I had to get all the God of War plats because they kick ass.
    I have all the Call of Duty/Modern Warfare plats except for Call of Duty Classic. After playing Medal of Honor Frontline and going back to having to find Medi Packs and Canteens . I don't want to go through that shit again.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Death is Awaiting....

It really just depends on the series IMO, but on most of the series, yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Check Those Corners

I do it to
    A. have a neat and complete game
    B. like beating games stories, makes me feel like i did not miss out on something (and 95% of time the trilogy/story was amazing)

But no, I never, EVER, buy a sequel just to get the trophies on it. I do it for the reasons above.

Lvl 9 - Gold

ive seen some crappy sequels/prequels/spin-offs to games already crappy enough, and with game prices these days i chose carefully what games i buy. so i only buy a game thats part of a series only if the one i played wowed me big time. example: RESISTANCE: FALL OF MAN. fantastic game. bought the 2nd one. different looking game than R:FoM, but still fantastic, maybe more so than the 1st. just bought 3 today. for the whole series i spent $24, with 2 & 3 being brand new.

so yes, for me it really depends on the series and the price for each game

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well if I've been bothered to actually get platinum in a game then I am a fan of the series so I will buy it but I don't think I have plat for every game in a series at the moment I'm working on my U3 platinum though

PRO Member

It all depends on the game for me. Like I have all the GoW plats and all the infamous plats. I also have all Batman plats (including LEGO) but those are all good games.

Games that aren't so great I won't complete the series for such as Assassin's Creed no offense, just not my style of game. I had a rough time finishing up 2 and don't think I have it in me to do another.

It really comes down to did you really like that game you platted before? Cause if I find myself really pushing myself to have to finish plat chances are I won't be getting the next one.

That Southern B****

It really depends on if I enjoyed the first one or not. If I did, I like to see what they changed and/or improved on in the next.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Resident PHD

If I like the game sure. I have all the gow, sly coopers, ratchet and clank, FF13 and 13-2. On the other hand I would never platinum AC Brotherhood or Revelation.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Change is mediocre

It depends on the game's quality. For example, I have the GoW trilogy finished, but not many others. Yet, I have the platinum for AC2 and Revelations, I will not for Brotherhood because I felt that it was shit.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well it depends if there are any annoying trophies or not - I've platted AC2 and I have enjoyed the single player series a lot, but I'm not going to plat Brotherhood because I just don't enjoy the multiplayer enough to spend forever getting to level 50 even though I have all the single player ones. However I might get round to platting Revelations as level 20 isn't quite as bad...
    Sig and Avatar made by ABSTRACT678

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12