Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

G4's Top 100 Games

This is a discussion on G4's Top 100 Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I actually (for the most part) agree with this list. Though I have no prior knowledge of G4....

Change is mediocre

I actually (for the most part) agree with this list. Though I have no prior knowledge of G4.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Burger Time FTW
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 2 - Bronze

10. inFAMOUS
    9. Team Fortress 2
    8. Contra
    7. Portal
    6. Minecraft
    5. L.A Noire (I know people will hate that spot, but I LOVED that game.)
    4. Jak and Daxter the Precursor Legacy
    3. Asassin's Creed II
    2. Fallout 3/New Vegas
    1. BioShock/BioShock 2 (Didn't need to play alot to know I loved it)

Just my opinion.
    "I'm loyal to nothing...except the Dream"

- Steve Rogers

PRO Member

I am sorry, I usually don't rant about site's opinions (I defend IGN all the time) on the internet but what the hell is this. Why the fuck are there games like fucking Super Metroid and Metal Gear Solid not even in the top 30. Are you joking. Instead they put Super Mario Kart at #28, Madden 2005 at #24 and Portal at #13 (the game is only 2 hours long!!!). I am not sure what kind of crack these guys were on when they made this list, but IMO it is horrible.

Sig by Bladia

Resident PHD

I have a problem with this list right from number 1. There is no way that Super Mario Bros deserves to be #1. Yes for the time it was revolutionary but it has been surpassed time and time again. The fact that Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island are not on that list shows how terrible it is. Both of those games are much better than the first Mario, and should have been listed.

The fact that games like Final Fantasy 6 and Secret of Mana are not included either shows that whomever wrote this list doesn't have a clue about videogames.

So according to this list Wii Sports, Angry Birds and Ms. Pacman (rated 18th best of all time) are better than the games I mentioned

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Threat

Pretty bad, but it could be worse. Bioshock has no place being at #3.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by EpicGuy101 View Post
    10. inFAMOUS
    9. Team Fortress 2
    8. Contra
    7. Portal
    6. Minecraft
    5. L.A Noire (I know people will hate that spot, but I LOVED that game.)
    4. Jak and Daxter the Precursor Legacy
    3. Asassin's Creed II
    2. Fallout 3/New Vegas
    1. BioShock/BioShock 2 (Didn't need to play alot to know I loved it)

Just my opinion.
    Wow, your list is somehow worse than theres.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I have a problem with this list right from number 1. There is no way that Super Mario Bros deserves to be #1. Yes for the time it was revolutionary but it has been surpassed time and time again. The fact that Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island are not on that list shows how terrible it is. Both of those games are much better than the first Mario, and should have been listed.

The fact that games like Final Fantasy 6 and Secret of Mana are not included either shows that whomever wrote this list doesn't have a clue about videogames.

So according to this list Wii Sports, Angry Birds and Ms. Pacman (rated 18th best of all time) are better than the games I mentioned
    The thing is, SMB is way more influential than Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. Heck, you could've said Super Mario Sunshine was a better game than SMB but that doesn't mean it should rank higher than it. With that being said though, Pong should've rated much, much higher.

I lost interest, not that I really had any to begin with in the list when I seen that both God of War III and Uncharted 2 ranked higher than Mass Effect 2. Both games are extremely overrated in my opinion and the word repetitive can't be used enough to describe them.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Buy my book, Alteration

Bioshock. The third best game ever.

Rightfully won, that game is flat out outstanding. The list isn't too bad.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 7 - Gold

How in the hell is Halo 3 better than GOW 3, GTA IV, Skyrim, and Deus ex? Ridiculous...

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    How in the hell is Halo 3 better than GOW 3, GTA IV, Skyrim, and Deus ex? Ridiculous...
    Yeah after thoroughly looking through the list, I think there are a few bullshit entries in the list. With God Of War 3 being on the list and not the first one actually has me baffled right now, since that was my fave of the series, but with lists like these, everyone has got to have a few gripes because no one is the same.

An old-fashioned cowboy

No one should take this list seriously mainly because it G4 who made this list. At this point G4 has as much to do with video games as MTV has to do with music.

Vive La Révelation!

I actually agree with the list for the most part. It's definitely missing a few games, but it does have most of my favorites. However, c’mon people, Red Dead Redemption #46?
    Oh well, can’t have everything, can we.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_R3V3LAT1ON_xX View Post
    I actually agree with the list for the most part. It's definitely missing a few games, but it does have most of my favorites. However, c’mon people, Red Dead Redemption #46?
    Oh well, can’t have everything, can we.
    If I had my way it wouldn't even be on the list

The One and Only

I didn't see any racing games.

I don't agree with the list, at least not its order and some of the game choices. Skyrim imo is at the right spot, but that's mainly the only thing I agree with.

No I don't think a Midnight Club game should be ranked high up, but at least somewhere in the higher top 100's, like 80's or 90's. Somewhere in the top 100. [/bias]

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

A great chunk of that list wouldn't trouble my personal top 200 but that of course is my opinion and my opinion changes with the breeze on 'best of' lists.
    For instance, this would be my top 10 now, give it a week and i'd change it again.

10- Sonic The Hedgehog
    9- Timesplitters 2
    8- Streets Of Rage II
    7- Pro Evolution Soccer 3
    6- Half-Life
    5- Street Fighter II
    4- Metal Gear Solid 3
    3- Half- Life 2
    2 - Metal Gear Solid 2
    1- GTA San Andreas

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    The thing is, SMB is way more influential than Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. Heck, you could've said Super Mario Sunshine was a better game than SMB but that doesn't mean it should rank higher than it. With that being said though, Pong should've rated much, much higher.

I lost interest, not that I really had any to begin with in the list when I seen that both God of War III and Uncharted 2 ranked higher than Mass Effect 2. Both games are extremely overrated in my opinion and the word repetitive can't be used enough to describe them.
    If that was the case then Link to the Past wouldn't have beat out the original Zelda. The list is crap and that is all there is to it. (burger time is better than Yoshi's Island)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

When i first looked at it i thought it was the most influential games being that Super Mario was number one. Its G4's opinion, its nice to have many opinions.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by CiiC3508 View Post
    Well... maybe... they made a cool list, but I'm not agree with that list D:
    But well.. I'm just a gamer and they're proffesionals
    You are as much of a professional as they are just for being a gamer that loves to game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I love lists like this as they serve as trip down memory lane and made me want to bust out the NES, SNES, Genesis and all of my other systems that are sitting on the shelf. I don't really have a problem with the list for the following reasons.

I'm glad they went with the classic definative representations of several series like Final Fantasy VII (although I like the English FF III the best) and the first Portal game when Portal 2 is actually in my top 10 of all time simply for how awesome the writing is.

The top 10 seems fairly right on as Shadow of the Colossus was the best game on ps2 in my opinion and Bioshock is my favorite of this generation.

I think pong bei ng number 100 was there way of saying that it easily could have been number 2 to SMB1 if the list was "most influential."

When I heard about the list I wrote down my top 10 gaming favorites/memories off the top of my head just to see how many made the list at all: Portal 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Mario Kart, Bioshock, GTA III, Blades of Steel, Hitman, Psychonauts. I was shocked Blades of Steel made the list and I figured Hitman wouldn't.

Realize that Super Mario Bros is always going to be number 1, just like Thriller is always going to be number one on the best music video list. It's just the way it is.
    My main quarrel with the Mario/Pong thing is that they seem to make it as if the original Mario is #1 because it's influential, not because of it's quality as a "good" game, whereas Pong is just left on the 100th place for being influential. In that case, the whole list loses all of it's meaning, for some of the games there are good games but not influential, and others are influential yet not as good.

The list seems more like a mash up between a "50 most influential games" list and a "50 best game" one.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast