Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Questions about Uncharted

This is a discussion on Questions about Uncharted within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; You could always cheek out gameplay on youtube and look at uploaded videos before you go buy a game… I ...

Forget I Was Ever Here

You could always cheek out gameplay on youtube and look at uploaded videos before you go buy a game… I haven't played 1 but 2 and 3 there isn't many jungle sessions but #2 is prob the best in my opinion the scenery was always changing

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    You could always cheek out gameplay on youtube and look at uploaded videos before you go buy a game… I haven't played 1 but 2 and 3 there isn't many jungle sessions but #2 is prob the best in my opinion the scenery was always changing
    I agree you should have checked out the games before buying them.

As for the location, if you dont want to play a game just because of the location, then thats stupid. Again, its your fault for not finding out ahead of time... Why do you hate jungles?

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    It's cool to hate.

In all fairness it's your opinion but I don't see how the stories are the same. There might be trends across them but you may as well say the three (four doesn't count) Indianna Jones films are all the same story.
    Well to each his own, though I could go into details on story parts that are the same across all 3.

Toggle Spoiler

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Honestly I was the same way. I did not find the first one interesting at all to me. When I played Uncharted 2 about a year late I was completely blown away. Definetely a big improvement.
    Same here. I wouldn't say blown away but I did get into it a lot more.

xoxo you should try the second and third games.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Well to each his own, though I could go into details on story parts that are the same across all 3.

[SPOILER]
    1 - Main premise is Drake searching for a lost city It's a game about treasure hunting. Tomb Raider games all follow a similar idea. I think this is a bit unfair.
    2 - There's always a twist that involves a form of 'monster.' I think they made this more of a series staple and to be honest 3 didn't feel like there was a twist with a monster. He was drugged which is why he saw the crazy stuff. The fighting didn't really change as it did with 1 and 2. 2's also felt like a twist on the original twist with the monsters turning out to be tribes people.
    3 - A consistent love interest that doesn't actually do anything to enhance the plot. Sterotypical of lots of adventure stories. The third was all about Sully and Drake whether Elena showed up or not
    4 - A stereotypical antagonist. I'm somewhat lenient on this one because the twist at the end of Drake's Fortune was (while rather predicable) decent. Otherwise we see snobby Englishmen and Russians being the main assholes throughout the series. Pish posh.You only need to look at Hollywood and pretty much every other game for this one.
    5 - Lost treasure at the end of each has been deliberately lost because they cause some sort of negative effects that the aforementioned dickheads want to weaponize. Fair point

I agree that there are things that crop up and are similar amongst the three titles but the stories are different. A lot of what you are saying are the downfalls of so many pieces of media that I think it's unfair to pick on Uncharted so harshly for it.

Also you gave the game a 9/10 and have now given it a scathing endorsment. If you're going to slate it at least use a review scale that makes sense.

Don't believe me? Here's a better explanation in a British accent:
    I understood your American text quite fine there's no need to be a cocky shit. Also Yahtzee is overly critical of games and rips on things like this to make his videos funny. I could count on one hand the amount of positive reviews he's done.

In all fairness you make a good point but it feels like you're just hating to be the cool kid who doesn't like the popular game.
    This message is to short because I retort within the quote.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Check Those Corners

*thinks to self "(gulp), i am going to regret this.."
    I dislike the uncharted series.

Yes, peoples jaws may have dropped, but I find the uncharted series overated. The only installment I find enjoyable at the very least is 2. I do not like the feel of the game, but the graphics are really really good. I just do not like it. Sorry for posting this little rant on this..

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    *thinks to self "(gulp), i am going to regret this.."
    I dislike the uncharted series.

Yes, peoples jaws may have dropped, but I find the uncharted series overated. The only installment I find enjoyable at the very least is 2. I do not like the feel of the game, but the graphics are really really good. I just do not like it. Sorry for posting this little rant on this..
    Not sure why you would regret posting your honest opinion. Its your own preference, and some people just dont enjoy these kinds of games. I enjoyed Uncharted 1, until they made the enemy monsters (i dislike zombies, and these things resemble that)

It spooked me so much i am not willing to finish my Insane difficulty run. A few trophies from the platinum but i dont think i will ever pick that game up again

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    This message is to short because I retort within the quote.
    Just in reply, but most of your comeback are defending it because the things I mentioned are also done in other games? I'm not sure, isn't that a bad thing, because it makes it even more cliché?

I did mention in my prior post that I gave the game a highly favorable score, but now regret it. It's one of those things where you do something, then look back on it and don't understand what was going through your mindset. The Uncharted games, as a whole, are high quality and can offer up some awesome over the top moments (Uncharted 3 was superb with this aspect) but the story is, as I said, bland and cliché.

And that's fair to say that I look like a dude to just hate to look cool, which is probably true, but in my state of denial I think it's fair to hate if you back your hating.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Uncharted 2 was my favorite of the three, the action was on going and the concepts kept me interested
    I didn't feel like that with 1 but 3 I did a little since I got to see drakes upcoming as a kid but the ending of 3 felt the same as 2, you guys know what I'm talking about when things start to fall apart
    It's really the first shooting adventure game I got into and the first game i got with trophies
    Uncharted 2 will always hold a special place in my controller lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Drake's Fortune was the first game I ever played on a PS3, so it obviously wowed me, but looking back, the gameplay was repetitive, the story was overly clichéd, and the only thing that really stands out are the graphics, which by now are actually outdated anyway.
    You hit the nail right on the head. A lot of today's fans wouldn't appreciate uncharted 1 the same way they wouldn't appreciate previous generation games.

My PS3 was bundled with U1 when I got it, but I kept it wrapped until I finished GTA IV and COD4. I did that because I didn't think I liked it, but I was blown away.

However, I still disagree. The game gets better, and it's still a lot better than current adventure games. It's just a matter of taste.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

UC has gotten old now imo,The Last Of Us will be better than all UC's.I know its a different kind of game but even so its gonna blow us all away.
    Btw i do like UCDF and UC2 i just didnt rate UC3 that highly.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just power through the first one. It becomes a lot more fun later on if you like story driven games. 2 is where the game really excels, and then 3 the gameplay is good but the story wasn't as great =/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12