Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions about Uncharted

This is a discussion on Questions about Uncharted within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; sup guyz, a while ago i posted a thread askin u to suggest games i havent played yet, a lotta ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Questions about Uncharted

sup guyz, a while ago i posted a thread askin u to suggest games i havent played yet, a lotta u suggested uncharted since i was into infamous type of games, so i got all three of them and i find it PAINFULLY BORING playing it, im playing the first one "Drake's Fortune" on Hard and the difficulty is fine by me, ive played harder games, but its the whole theme of the game, all i do is run in a jungle meet a couple of dudes ice them and go to another jungle, i never liked jungle themes so it bores me playing there, and the puzzles u come across are kind of childish and easy to solve...

anyway enough bashing it's just MY OPINION im not saying it's a bad game, just saying i dont find it fun, so my questions are...

Does the game ever go into a non-jungle style map (the castle also counts as jungle themed since its in the middle of jungle)?

Are the other 2 better than the first one?

Do the puzzles get harder or do they remain easy?

Will ever come across a boss level or something or is it just gonna stay GTA kinda combat?

Are the guns needed for platinum easy to find? coz the trophies are all get this many kills with this gun n that gun, are there any rare guns that ill have to find?

Where other men blindly follow the truth,
    Remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law,
    Remember, everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light.

Change is mediocre

I think the first game was good for it's story alone. The rest take the gameplay and enhance it tenfold. Also, the first one is the only one primarily set in a jungle, the second one is snow themed and the third is desert themed.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hi Hallow. Don't worry Uncharted has other scenarios during the story, yes the jungle is one of the most recurring but soon you'll found yourself fighting in more civilized environment I do not want to spoil you the story.
    The weapons needed for the trophy are all easy finding and once you end the game you will have the possibility of beginning each chapter with any weapon you like, so it will be an easy trophy hunting session
    The puzzles improve a little bit but are never too difficult, maybe in the 3rd episode you'll find one that is tricky.
    And yes there are bosses that will endure a lot of bullets before dying, especially at the end of the 2nd episode.

Hope to have answered to your doubts!
    Trust me! I'm the Doctor.

Lvl 9 - Gold

gameplay is def better in the next 2 but i found the 3rd toooo cinematic and slow for me the story way good but to much push x or o here in cutscene! i prefer the 2nd in the series

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    Does the game ever go into a non-jungle style map (the castle also counts as jungle themed since its in the middle of jungle)?
    Yes and Uncharted 2 and 3 have the tiniest sections.

Yep. 2 is the best imo but number 3 is a stellar game as well.

They do but I think the puzzles throughout the whole series are too easy.

Will ever come across a boss level or something or is it just gonna stay GTA kinda combat?
    There's no bosses in the traditonal sense but you will come across different enemy types that are harder to kill and require more thought. The AI also feels smarter in the sequels.

Are the guns needed for platinum easy to find? coz the trophies are all get this many kills with this gun n that gun, are there any rare guns that ill have to find?
    You can unlock cheats and weapon spawning is one of them. It makes doing it very easy. The third game doens't have this option. To be honest I'd play through these games with no trophies simply because they're awesome. Don't think about the trophies first time around. You'll have to complete it again on crushing for a plat and overt-thinking trophies kills the fun. They're all easy to round up with chapter select later on.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Vive La Révelation!

First of all, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, is my least favorite. Still enjoyed the game, but like you said; the environment does get kind of blah.

However, the second game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is so much better.
    It does have a few chapters set in the jungle, but for the most part the game has an entirely different environment, such as snow, which I’m sure you gathered that much from the cover art?

And then of course the third game Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception is a very well done, amazing game (Even though not everyone enjoyed it) I thought the game was great, and the environment is entirely different yet again. Now as far as the puzzles go, there a few more challenging ones in the last two games, but never really anything that hard.

And yes, there are Boss fights as you progress in the game, in fact, they can actually be pretty entertaining, and quite difficult on crushing.

And to answer you last question, all the guns are easy to find and it shouldn’t take too long to get all the trophies required, because for the most part, the Uncharted games are all fairly easy platinums. The hardest part is beating them all on crushing, it can get pretty irritating at times.

Anyway, I hope I answered all of your questions, and really hope you give the games a second chance and find out what a masterpiece they truly are.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    There's no bosses in the traditonal sense but you will come across different enemy types that are harder to kill and require more thought. The AI also feels smarter in the sequels.
    Well, technically there are bosses, such as;
    Lazarevic (UC2), and Talbot (UC3). I consider both of those fights to be “Boss Fights”
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

for me the game is perfect I really don't know why do u hate it.
    And yes you do have a boss fight at the last chapter 22
    You also come in chapter 14 til chapter 19 in an underground temple or whatever it is, but in chapter 17 you run into zombies and in chapters 18,19 you bump into a nazi bunker and it's like a maze it's all dark and from nowhere a zombie comes out and scares the hell out of you.
    The platinum is a piece of cake for all uncharted games.
    I haven't played Uncharted 2 a lot but it's pretty much like Uncharted 1, Jungle and castles
    Uncharted 3 has about 2 chapters in the jungle and the theme is in the desert of arabia (my homeland ) and it has lots of new features like the grenade throwback.
    I've achieved both Uncharted 1 and 3 platinums.

PRO Member

Honestly I was the same way. I did not find the first one interesting at all to me. When I played Uncharted 2 about a year late I was completely blown away. Definetely a big improvement.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by The Killer Wolf View Post
    for me the game is perfect I really don't know why do u hate it.
    And yes you do have a boss fight at the last chapter 22
    You also come in chapter 14 til chapter 19 in an underground temple or whatever it is, but in chapter 17 you run into zombies and in chapters 18,19 you bump into a nazi bunker and it's like a maze it's all dark and from nowhere a zombie comes out and scares the hell out of you.
    The platinum is a piece of cake for all uncharted games.
    I haven't played Uncharted 2 a lot but it's pretty much like Uncharted 1, Jungle and castles
    Uncharted 3 has about 2 chapters in the jungle and the theme is in the desert of arabia (my homeland ) and it has lots of new features like the grenade throwback.
    I've achieved both Uncharted 1 and 3 platinums.
    spoiler alerts??

Lvl 8 - Gold

sup guyz, a while ago i posted a thread askin u to suggest games i havent played yet, a lotta u suggested uncharted since i was into infamous type of games, so i got all three of them and i find it PAINFULLY BORING playing it, im playing the first one "Drake's Fortune" on Hard and the difficulty is fine by me, ive played harder games, but its the whole theme of the game, all i do is run in a jungle meet a couple of dudes ice them and go to another jungle, i never liked jungle themes so it bores me playing there, and the puzzles u come across are kind of childish and easy to solve...

anyway enough bashing it's just MY OPINION im not saying it's a bad game, just saying i dont find it fun, so my questions are...

LOL at you buying all three!

The first uncharted doesnt have any boss battles till the end, and that is mostly killing all enemies then pressing the right buttons as quickly as they show up. It does get out of the jungle (the castle shouldnt be considered jungle) and also goes underground.

Puzzles stay easy, and the guns you need to plat are somewhat hard to find (some are rare finds)

I never played the other two, but i heard they were better.

That Southern B****

1-Yes, at the end of U1. U2 and U3 have several locations.
    2-Yes, though to me U2 was the best of the three.
    3-Depends on your skill level. I though some of the challenges in the later games took some good thought processing
    4-I cant remember in U1 but I know there is at least one boss in the other two games
    5-Again, can't remember U1 to well but I don't think you will have problems with these since online and chapter replay also count
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Legendary...Nuff Said

Basically people (myself previously included until I realized that they became shit) overly praise the Uncharted series. Drake's Fortune was the first game I ever played on a PS3, so it obviously wowed me, but looking back, the gameplay was repetitive, the story was overly clichéd, and the only thing that really stands out are the graphics, which by now are actually outdated anyway.

The series as a whole is strange. Uncharted 2 is still to this day one of my favorite games. The gameplay is still repetitive as hell, but the story at least gives a bit more intrigue and is better told, though you'll notice pretty much the same plot elements as in the first. The multiplayer was a surprisingly good addition and added replay value, though I can only assume the servers are all but dead right now.

Uncharted 3 on the other hand, is pretty much complete and utter dogshit. Now granted in my original 'second-opinion' review of the game, I didn't mind it too much, but looking back on it, it's difficult to describe just how horrible it really is. The gameplay sees no innovation, the story is once again the exact same damn premise with the exact same damn plot points, and the multiplayer doesn't even keep you hooked. Hell, the game is so unbelievably short (I beat it in around 7-8 hours) that the developers actually had to add in an entire 1-2 hour section that HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ENTIRE STORY. Yup, it's entirely filler.

Overall, an over-rated franchise. It was probably cool when it came out in 2007 and people were wowed by it (It was arguably one of the first big-name games that the PS3 ever had, as well as the first to have trophy support) but they just aren't that fun anymore because I've pretty much bought the same game 3 times over.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Imo Drake's fortune was boring but the next two were amazing. Im playing the first one right now because i never got a chance to beat it since i just beat the other two. Yea the puzzle are fairly obvious but the puzzles get a bit harder in 2 and 3.

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Basically people (myself previously included until I realized that they became shit) overly praise the Uncharted series. Drake's Fortune was the first game I ever played on a PS3, so it obviously wowed me, but looking back, the gameplay was repetitive, the story was overly clichéd, and the only thing that really stands out are the graphics, which by now are actually outdated anyway.

The series as a whole is strange. Uncharted 2 is still to this day one of my favorite games. The gameplay is still repetitive as hell, but the story at least gives a bit more intrigue and is better told, though you'll notice pretty much the same plot elements as in the first. The multiplayer was a surprisingly good addition and added replay value, though I can only assume the servers are all but dead right now.

Uncharted 3 on the other hand, is pretty much complete and utter dogshit. Now granted in my original 'second-opinion' review of the game, I didn't mind it too much, but looking back on it, it's difficult to describe just how horrible it really is. The gameplay sees no innovation, the story is once again the exact same damn premise with the exact same damn plot points, and the multiplayer doesn't even keep you hooked. Hell, the game is so unbelievably short (I beat it in around 7-8 hours) that the developers actually had to add in an entire 1-2 hour section that HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ENTIRE STORY. Yup, it's entirely filler.

Overall, an over-rated franchise. It was probably cool when it came out in 2007 and people were wowed by it (It was arguably one of the first big-name games that the PS3 ever had, as well as the first to have trophy support) but they just aren't that fun anymore because I've pretty much bought the same game 3 times over.
    It's cool to hate.

In all fairness it's your opinion but I don't see how the stories are the same. There might be trends across them but you may as well say the three (four doesn't count) Indianna Jones films are all the same story.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Uncharted 1 is ok
    Uncharted 2 is amazing
    Uncharted 3 is good
    Any questions?
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Three great games, probably, you are not in the adventure games, i think you should see some game-play videos before you bought them.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    Uncharted 1 is ok
    Uncharted 2 is amazing
    Uncharted 3 is good
    Any questions?
    Yes i got a question.
    Are you being serious?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yes I was a bit like you. The first one bored me a bit because I was in the same environment the whole time. I recently started playing #2 and I've liked it more so far so just play the first one for the story if you don't like it.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

My Own Worst Enemy

Easiest way I can put this is: If you liked the old tomb raider games or Indiana Jones movies(Last one excluded) then you should find something to enjoy in the Uncharted series. If not then you should pass for something else. I personally found all three enjoyable, Drake's Fortune maybe the least so.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast