Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Problem with playing games and getting plats

This is a discussion on Problem with playing games and getting plats within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; hi yeah i play 3-5 hrs a day and i burnout at least once every month or 2 o just ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

hi yeah i play 3-5 hrs a day and i burnout at least once every month or 2 o just loose the mood as you say but after a week or so of watching movies i get into the mood again, but you have to have the right game or hook to keep you interested!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man-023 View Post
    hi yeah i play 3-5 hrs a day and i burnout at least once every month or 2 o just loose the mood as you say but after a week or so of watching movies i get into the mood again, but you have to have the right game or hook to keep you interested!!
    Thanks It's been some time since I got the burnout, and now I have the mood in playing the PS3 again But I really don't wanna play Call of Duty or Battlefield and such... When I'm thinking about Dark Souls though, I'm getting happy, haha

Check Those Corners

You have to get motivated like I did to lose my plat virginity a month ago, and since then it took off. It is not a matter of tips, it is a matter of starting to collect platinums and enjoy doing it. Find a decent game you like, and think "This..IS GOING TO BE my first plat" and just keep pushing at it until you unlock it. That is the only advice people can give you.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I actually know the feeling. I got burnt out after I beat my 400th game, took me a while before I started to play another game. It usually happens every once in a while when I play too many game. It's currently put a hamper in my trophy quest, but Im still play other games in the process.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well you could try Prince of Persia series, Assassin's Creed series , Heavy Rain, or even the Walking Dead Episodes. Maybe even the Batman Arkham Asylum or Arkham City. Different game suggestions might you help get out of your slump. Heavy Rain is an easy plat. it is very story driven and is interesting to watch how your decisions affect the outcome, You just need to find that special game that will grab your attention.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Jump between a single player game and a multiplayer game. I'm trying to plat 2 time consuming games at the moment and find myself lacking in motivation. So what I do is play BFBC2 online with a few friends and try and enjoy myself. Play something you actually enjoy as a motivational booster then play the game(s) your aiming to plat. I look forward to playing with my mates online. I'll play the games I aim to plat at an earlier time then BFBC2 late on.

Hope this helps.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I am familiar with this feeling,I refer to it as the "burnout period".Don't worry the feeling will go away once you find the ideal game that you will want to plat

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by oKzrh View Post
    Hi guys, how are ya'?
    I wanted to discuss with you guys a bit and ask for your opinion
    I got my PS3 in about like a half-year ago. I really didn't play it a lot, only on Saturday morning and like 1 time a week.
    Did you also had this "problem" when you just got your PS3?
    I got 6 games (MW3, SRTT, RDR, GOW3, U3, BFBC2).
    I want to have a plat already so bad.. You don't know how much..
    I really wanted to make my first plat on SRTT but I was so stupid, and accidently deleted my game save ...
    I wanna play my PS3 but I just never feel like I have the mood, know this feeling?
    Do you guys have some tips for me or tell me what you did, or what you'd do instead of me..
    A lot of people out there told me that RDR has awesome story and It's long, so I bought it, but I just don't have the mood to play it.. I never have the mood
    So, yeah.. I'd like some help from you guys
    Thanks!
    I dont mean to be rude, but are you looking for sympathy? I know what you mean, as some games you need to be in the mood for. But there is really nothing I can suggest. Depends on how busy your life is.

I work from the time i wake up (6am) to 6pm, when i finish work. After 6 pm i got free time, which i can do homework, play games, watch tv, etc. If your not in the mood, then there is nothing anyone can do for you to fix that. For me i buy lots of games, and one will be available when i am in the mood.

THings you can do is figure our your priorities, and pick a game to play. If you want to plat a specific title first, force yourself to put the game in and play. Even if its just for 30 minutes a day, your making progress. If you play and want to go more than 30 minutes, then you just got in the mood to play more.

I can tell you which games are fun, but at the end of the day, it depends on if you want to play them

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think best game you have there, in my opinion, and for being the most complete, is Red Dead Redemption. Exactly by that i would say "Dont try to play it now right away" (if you're not in the mood to play, as you say!).

I like a lot Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Uncharted but i think ill give you a good advise here: you insert your Modern Warfare 3 on your PS3, you go online, have lots of fun online for 30min-1h, and then...after you got the fun you'll get the Lag and all the crazy stuff - at this point, instead of rage-quitting and shutting down your PS3 try to play any of the other games you have offline!!!!!! You'll enjoy a lot I think!!!

worlds biggest welch fan

I feel your pain I had a year and half of saved data get erased because I hit my power button off on accident some games I wont get back too.

but MW3 is totally possible.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12