Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem with playing games and getting plats

This is a discussion on Problem with playing games and getting plats within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi guys, how are ya'? I wanted to discuss with you guys a bit and ask for your opinion I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Problem with playing games and getting plats

Hi guys, how are ya'?
    I wanted to discuss with you guys a bit and ask for your opinion
    I got my PS3 in about like a half-year ago. I really didn't play it a lot, only on Saturday morning and like 1 time a week.
    Did you also had this "problem" when you just got your PS3?
    I got 6 games (MW3, SRTT, RDR, GOW3, U3, BFBC2).
    I want to have a plat already so bad.. You don't know how much..
    I really wanted to make my first plat on SRTT but I was so stupid, and accidently deleted my game save ...
    I wanna play my PS3 but I just never feel like I have the mood, know this feeling?
    Do you guys have some tips for me or tell me what you did, or what you'd do instead of me..
    A lot of people out there told me that RDR has awesome story and It's long, so I bought it, but I just don't have the mood to play it.. I never have the mood
    So, yeah.. I'd like some help from you guys
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Vessilate; 07-23-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sorry for being a noob but what are (MW3, SRTT, RDR, U3, BFBC2). I know GOW3 is God of War 3, just curious though...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Call of duty modern warfare 3
    saints row the third
    red dead redemption
    uncharted 3
    battlefield bad company 2

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by sieg_valentine View Post
    Sorry for being a noob but what are (MW3, SRTT, RDR, U3, BFBC2). I know GOW3 is God of War 3, just curious though...

Modern Warfare 3, Saints Row the Third, Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 3, and Battlefield Bad Company 2.

As for the op, it happens sometimes man. Everyone goes through a burnout period (well, a lot of people do anyway). I don't really know how to motivate brotha. I tried to write a self help book once that resulted in a slough of mass suicides. =/

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this is wierd..

so you wanna play your ps3 so bad and want to get plats so bad but you are never in the mood to play.... i dont get it..?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_XLII View Post
    Modern Warfare 3, Saints Row the Third, Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 3, and Battlefield Bad Company 2.

As for the op, it happens sometimes man. Everyone goes through a burnout period (well, a lot of people do anyway). I don't really know how to motivate brotha. I tried to write a self help book once that resulted in a slough of mass suicides. =/
    Haha thanks bro.. Yeah but this burnout period is lasting pretty long time. I wanna have a plat so bad but I was very disappointed after my SRTT saves were lost and I just gave up
    I should get Dark Souls LE soon so it might cheer me up.
    I'll go play some MW3 multiplayer now but of course I'll get mad as hell because I get a score of 2-50

Lvl 6 - Silver

Maybe you should set yourself a goal to help you get a plat

Buy my book, Alteration

The way to get a plat is to commit to getting one. If you want one, you need to tell yourself, "I'm gonna go for it", then go for it. Then again if you only play once a week... do you still do that? Because it helps to earn a plat across more than one day a week. Maybe your body subconsciously got in the habit of only gaming on Saturday? Or perhaps you're trying to force yourself to like games? Just some advice that may or may not help...

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeOxygen View Post
    Haha thanks bro.. Yeah but this burnout period is lasting pretty long time. I wanna have a plat so bad but I was very disappointed after my SRTT saves were lost and I just gave up
    I should get Dark Souls LE soon so it might cheer me up.
    I'll go play some MW3 multiplayer now but of course I'll get mad as hell because I get a score of 2-50
    As good a game that Dark Souls is, it will probably take you a while to plat. And if getting a KDR of 2:50 gets you mad, I can only imaging how you feel about all the dieing you'll be doing in Dark Souls.

It seems to me, that you either don't really enjoy gaming or you're not enjoying the games you have...hard to tell which without knowing your gaming history (e.g. is the PS3 your 1st gaming console, do you play games more on PC, console or phone/portable, what are some of the games you've enjoyed in the past), so I'm going to assume the latter, that is, that you're not enjoying the games you have.

On that assumption, I can only suggest trying different games to find one that you enjoy playing. And when I say different games, I mean different genres of games. Because lets face it, if you're not in the mood to play MW3, BFBC2, SRTT, RDR or UC3 which are all basically shooters (either FPS or TPS), you'll probably won't be in the mood for games like Max Payne 3 or Grand Theft Auto which will basically offer the same thing with a different story tied in.

Some really good games you might want to consider trying that offer something different:
    Portal 2
    Assassin's Creed series (ACII is the best and not too hard to plat...I've plated it twice on 2 other accounts and am now working on a 3rd time)
    Infamous series
    Burnout Paradise
    LA Noir
    The Sly Trillogy
    Ico &/or Shadow of the Colosus
    Ninja Gaiden
    Motorstorm series
    Catherine
    Rayman Origins
    Little Big Planet

No guarantee that you'll get a plat or that you'll enjoy any of these games. But out of the selection above, there's bound to be at least one that will re-kindle your love of gaming (or at least put you in the mood to play). Also, some of these games are included with PS+ membership (Infamous 2, LBP2 & Motorstorm Apocalypse and a few other games not listed)

Personally, I'm currently playing Eve Online (PC game) to get me out of my gaming rut because like you, I just haven't been in the mood for gaming much lately, well, not console gaming anyway.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'd recommend getting Uncharted Drakes Fortune, playing through that then getting Uncharted 2 and then play Uncharted 3. I wish I played them back to back would have been great but all 3 are easily done for platinums and are brilliant games

Rangers F.C

The way I got into the Trophy Hunting was me and a friend of mine had 0 plats a piece , and we both loved gaming so when my friend got his first plat , then we started to compete against each other , that's what made it interesting for me , its fun trying to get more than your friend's but you really got to work for some and you don't seem that keen , so maybe you should just play for entertainment but it's a sweet feeling when you see the plat pop

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I see thanks for that i never played any of those games thats why i have no idea.

As for your other question, if you dont have the mood to play your games then what you want is to have the time for it. It really depends on your schedule or availability. I usually play during the weekends when i dont have any work (although i do have other social stuffs rathert than gaming). And i manage to beat most of my games during those times.

Change is mediocre

I'm sort of the exact opposite. I play games everyday about 3-5 hours (right now it's about 8-10 hours due to Summer Break boredom). I get what you are saying though, and all I can tell you is to fully commit. Look at the list and at guides for the games and go for it.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    The way I got into the Trophy Hunting was me and a friend of mine had 0 plats a piece , and we both loved gaming so when my friend got his first plat , then we started to compete against each other , that's what made it interesting for me , its fun trying to get more than your friend's but you really got to work for some and you don't seem that keen , so maybe you should just play for entertainment but it's a sweet feeling when you see the plat pop
    This. I have had my ps3 for less than a year and did not care for trophies at first. But slowly my roommate and I tried to one up each other until I was hooked on it. Finding people with the same goals and creating a trophy group is an excellent way to tackle this problem.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thank you everyone

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    As good a game that Dark Souls is, it will probably take you a while to plat. And if getting a KDR of 2:50 gets you mad, I can only imaging how you feel about all the dieing you'll be doing in Dark Souls.

It seems to me, that you either don't really enjoy gaming or you're not enjoying the games you have...hard to tell which without knowing your gaming history (e.g. is the PS3 your 1st gaming console, do you play games more on PC, console or phone/portable, what are some of the games you've enjoyed in the past), so I'm going to assume the latter, that is, that you're not enjoying the games you have.

On that assumption, I can only suggest trying different games to find one that you enjoy playing. And when I say different games, I mean different genres of games. Because lets face it, if you're not in the mood to play MW3, BFBC2, SRTT, RDR or UC3 which are all basically shooters (either FPS or TPS), you'll probably won't be in the mood for games like Max Payne 3 or Grand Theft Auto which will basically offer the same thing with a different story tied in.

Some really good games you might want to consider trying that offer something different:
    Portal 2
    Assassin's Creed series (ACII is the best and not too hard to plat...I've plated it twice on 2 other accounts and am now working on a 3rd time)
    Infamous series
    Burnout Paradise
    LA Noir
    The Sly Trillogy
    Ico &/or Shadow of the Colosus
    Ninja Gaiden
    Motorstorm series
    Catherine
    Rayman Origins
    Little Big Planet

No guarantee that you'll get a plat or that you'll enjoy any of these games. But out of the selection above, there's bound to be at least one that will re-kindle your love of gaming (or at least put you in the mood to play). Also, some of these games are included with PS+ membership (Infamous 2, LBP2 & Motorstorm Apocalypse and a few other games not listed)

Personally, I'm currently playing Eve Online (PC game) to get me out of my gaming rut because like you, I just haven't been in the mood for gaming much lately, well, not console gaming anyway.
    You might be right. I guess I'm tired of FPS and TPS. I'll see how Dark Souls will be Thanks for the big and supporting message.
    PS3 is my second console after PS2.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I dont really suffer from burnouts nor can i offer a solid solution to your dilema.I kind of have a perfect balance imo where i dont game to much and dont game to little.So every time i switch on the ps3,im always in the mood to play.I wont lie,i have played some crap games that really test my patience but i do go for the plat and move on.I think you just need some really good games like others have said and maybe you will get that spark to want to play more.Just remember though to have fun,yeah plats are nice but fun has to come first imo.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

Sounds to me like your a bit disenfranchised after losing those game saves. You should buck up and get over it cuz those kinda things happen when u game and hunt trophies also. Pick one of those bad as games that u have and focus on it. Get lost in it. Dont try and juggle a bunch of games since your having the issue your having.

I can sympathize with the gamer slump tho. I feel that way sometimes. Particularly when I finish a game I've really enjoyed and don't know if the one I plan on moving onto is gonna be a piece of crap or not.

My Own Worst Enemy

Don't really know whats going on in your life or your motives for gaming. I personally am a Iraq war vet and now a college student.
    Gaming for me is just a way to take my mind off things. It nice to zone out with a game to keep my mind busy when I'm not doing class work and what not. For me gaming is an escape trophies are just a by product of a hobby I both enjoy and sometimes need.
    Good luck with your issue hope my words help.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

illegal in 9 countries

It's a question of motivation and dedication. Those are inherent traits, we can't tell you how to do it.

My personal struggle is to complete games to 100% because I procrastinate and I'm easily bored. Trophies make it easy to finish games by providing a progress indicator.

If you find gaming too boring to bother getting a Plat trophy, do something else you find more interesting.
    Or get off your lazy ass, man up and knuckle down soldier!

An hour or two a day is all I can spare and that's more than enough to sate my gaming appetite and ping a few trophies. If you can't spare that, get another hobby.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks guys I really really appreciate all of your comments, you're being really helpful.
    I think my solution is just to get a game which is not FPS/TPS. All my games except GOW3 are TPS/FPS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast