Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

MGS4- Question in regards to trophy patch.

This is a discussion on MGS4- Question in regards to trophy patch. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Do you think having a save file for the game prior to the upcoming patch will affect the earning of ...

  1. #1
    My Own Worst Enemy
    Self_Saboteur-'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UoK,KY
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    26

    MGS4- Question in regards to trophy patch.

    Do you think having a save file for the game prior to the upcoming patch will affect the earning of trophies?
    Should I just delete all my hard work or do you think I can load up my save and start from a New Game+?
    I know any comments are just speculation at this point but I got screwed on Mercenaries 2 this way so I just want some input.
    Thanks to all in advance.
    To Clarify a bit I have all the unlockable items from the difficult emblems in game.(Patriot, Boss mask, ect.) I just wonder if I can use this save file to start a new game+ so that I have these items already unlocked when I start grinding for the trophies.
    Last edited by Self_Saboteur-; 07-23-2012 at 04:58 AM.


    (Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)


  2. #2
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    RexHound's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    141
    Reputation
    2

    I wouldn't delete anything as of yet. Just wait it out but i believe it will be like when GTA IV got a trophy patch; start a completely new save and go from there.

    'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'


  3. #3
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    sieg_valentine's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philippines, Proud to be Filipino
    Posts
    108
    Reputation
    1

    You have to start a new game i believe to earn your trophies. Otherwise it is useless to earn trophies if there is a feature to get them via a save game.

  4. #4
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    I read something about this yesterday

    You will have to start a new game, none of your saves will effect the trophies whatsoever.

    One other thing, apparently you can choose to do 1 big install at the start rather than in-between each mission

  5. #5
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    zz383's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kyousuke's Shower
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    14

    Reason #12 why I won't buy that HD Collection. (no psp save transfer for trophies)

    Though it would suck to force people to replay the entire game for the trophies. Kind of expect some PR backlash, espicially since they could have added Trophies much much much earlier. Like well before the turned off the servers for the Online.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

  6. #6
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    Though it would suck to force people to replay the entire game for the trophies. Kind of expect some PR backlash, espicially since they could have added Trophies much much much earlier. Like well before the turned off the servers for the Online.
    The whole point is to get people to play it again, it's a way of celebrating the game... And make some money from people buying the game again of course

    And as good as MGO was, at least now the servers are off it means there won't be any online trophies

  7. #7
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    RexHound's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    141
    Reputation
    2

    Getting all the emblems again with be a pain, 40 of them if remember rightly.

    Edit: if there is a trophy for that of course.

    'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'


  8. #8
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    StewartBros's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sol-3
    Posts
    1,281
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by RexHound View Post
    Getting all the emblems again with be a pain, 40 of them if remember rightly.

    Edit: if there is a trophy for that of course.
    I reckon there most likely will be. MGS2 and 3 did not require the player to earn the top accolade for a trophy (thankfully), so I'd be somewhat surprised if MGS4 follows suit and likewise doesn't ask you to earn the Big Boss emblem to get a trophy. Of course, if it DOES do so, then I'll never earn that trophy, since I've never been able to fulfil the Big Boss title/emblem requirements on any MGS game. Oh well.

  9. #9
    Check Those Corners
    CallmeNasty's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,541
    Reputation
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    The whole point is to get people to play it again, it's a way of celebrating the game... And make some money from people buying the game again of course

    And as good as MGO was, at least now the servers are off it means there won't be any online trophies
    No online trophies?
    CALLMENASTY IS HAPPY


  10. #10
    PRO Member
    ecks13's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,142
    Reputation
    38

    same thing happend with the Force Unleashed I...i has all sabers and holocrons, then the trophy patch was release and my previous save file was useless to any of te trophies...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

  11. #11
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    306
    Reputation
    2

    I read the article also, no retroactive save's, have to replay it all, & a 34 trophy count is low for a full game.

  12. #12
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Cheeseclown's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    9

    im guessing that you can earn the trophies with new game plus but Im pretty sure any trophy for getting the collectibles that you already have you wont be able to get

  13. #13
    Mr. X
    Prosthetic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Capital Wasteland
    Posts
    445
    Reputation
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    I read the article also, no retroactive save's, have to replay it all, & a 34 trophy count is low for a full game.
    Why be so negative. No-one is forcing you to play it and get a plat.

    I'm stoked I get to play an awesome game again and get trophies and a full install is going to be shit hot.

    the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.


  14. #14
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Currywrath88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    156
    Reputation
    9

    Usually, old save data will not be compatable with trophy patches. You never know though, as their are ways around it...Even if they don't allow my save, I'll have a grander time getting the plat. And if they ask my to get the Big Boss Emblem:

    Joe Swanson - YouTube

    'Nuff said.

    Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

  15. #15
    My Own Worst Enemy
    Self_Saboteur-'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UoK,KY
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    26

    Thanks to all who have answered my question so far.
    I feel I should clarify a little more based on some of the answers I have received thus far.
    I wasn't asking if I would receive trophies for what I've already done. I was just wondering if I could use New Game+ as a jumping off point to get these new trophies.
    I just wanted to be able to use the things I have already unlocked like the solar gun(awesome for Vamp), for these future playthroughs.
    The only reason I even think I might be able to is that I wouldn't think their would be any trophies for unlocking these items, but getting the corresponding emblems in game -(Which you can earn more than once).


    (Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)


  16. #16
    Retired Staff Member
    Bounce's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    250
    Reputation
    25

    Probably going to do what GTA did and basically be like "Yeah just start over"

  17. #17
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,150
    Reputation
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    Reason #12 why I won't buy that HD Collection. (no psp save transfer for trophies)

    Though it would suck to force people to replay the entire game for the trophies. Kind of expect some PR backlash, espicially since they could have added Trophies much much much earlier. Like well before the turned off the servers for the Online.
    this discussion is about MGS4 not the HD collection and MGS4 is not on the psp nor is the HD collection
    and if you meant the vita well last i heard you can continue where you left off from ps3 to vita

    but yeah all games require you to start a new game for trophies to unlock
    i see nothing wrong with that since they are getting you back into the game
    only trophy whores would complain about this since they want the plat fast
    but true MGS fans would play the shit out of this game again with no question
    Signature Provided By Djunglist


  18. #18
    My Own Worst Enemy
    Self_Saboteur-'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UoK,KY
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    26

    Wow The Secret Society you don't screw around strait to calling me a trophy whore.
    It was a simple question I posed to any willing to answer it. If I have to start over I gladly will, because I enjoy the game.
    Don't get the hostility though I beat this game 10 plus times and would like to be able to put some of that hard work to use is all.


    (Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)


  19. #19
    The Deathly Rhythm
    Kratos06's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City Of Angels
    Posts
    2,100
    Reputation
    114

    Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    but yeah all games require you to start a new game for trophies to unlock
    i see nothing wrong with that since they are getting you back into the game
    only trophy whores would complain about this since they want the plat fast
    but true MGS fans would play the shit out of this game again with no question
    I would love to start over and try to get all trophies, yes u beat the Big Boss Extreme without trophies and u don't want to play it again, but its MGS4!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

    Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

  20. #20
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    306
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    Why be so negative. No-one is forcing you to play it and get a plat. I'm stoked I get to play an awesome game again and get trophies and a full install is going to be shit hot.
    Its not negative, its the truth, 34 is a low count for a full PS3 game (average for full games is 45-50), so stoke yourself away with your positive enthusiasm , no one forced you to respond to my simple opinion, yet you did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO