Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MGS4- Question in regards to trophy patch.

This is a discussion on MGS4- Question in regards to trophy patch. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Do you think having a save file for the game prior to the upcoming patch will affect the earning of ...

My Own Worst Enemy

MGS4- Question in regards to trophy patch.

Do you think having a save file for the game prior to the upcoming patch will affect the earning of trophies?
    Should I just delete all my hard work or do you think I can load up my save and start from a New Game+?
    I know any comments are just speculation at this point but I got screwed on Mercenaries 2 this way so I just want some input.
    Thanks to all in advance.
    To Clarify a bit I have all the unlockable items from the difficult emblems in game.(Patriot, Boss mask, ect.) I just wonder if I can use this save file to start a new game+ so that I have these items already unlocked when I start grinding for the trophies.
    Last edited by Self_Saboteur-; 07-23-2012 at 04:58 AM.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wouldn't delete anything as of yet. Just wait it out but i believe it will be like when GTA IV got a trophy patch; start a completely new save and go from there.

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

Lvl 3 - Bronze

You have to start a new game i believe to earn your trophies. Otherwise it is useless to earn trophies if there is a feature to get them via a save game.

Nope, nothing

I read something about this yesterday

You will have to start a new game, none of your saves will effect the trophies whatsoever.

One other thing, apparently you can choose to do 1 big install at the start rather than in-between each mission

Lvl 7 - Gold

Reason #12 why I won't buy that HD Collection. (no psp save transfer for trophies)

Though it would suck to force people to replay the entire game for the trophies. Kind of expect some PR backlash, espicially since they could have added Trophies much much much earlier. Like well before the turned off the servers for the Online.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    Though it would suck to force people to replay the entire game for the trophies. Kind of expect some PR backlash, espicially since they could have added Trophies much much much earlier. Like well before the turned off the servers for the Online.
    The whole point is to get people to play it again, it's a way of celebrating the game... And make some money from people buying the game again of course

And as good as MGO was, at least now the servers are off it means there won't be any online trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Getting all the emblems again with be a pain, 40 of them if remember rightly.

Edit: if there is a trophy for that of course.

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RexHound View Post
    Getting all the emblems again with be a pain, 40 of them if remember rightly.

Edit: if there is a trophy for that of course.
    I reckon there most likely will be. MGS2 and 3 did not require the player to earn the top accolade for a trophy (thankfully), so I'd be somewhat surprised if MGS4 follows suit and likewise doesn't ask you to earn the Big Boss emblem to get a trophy. Of course, if it DOES do so, then I'll never earn that trophy, since I've never been able to fulfil the Big Boss title/emblem requirements on any MGS game. Oh well.

Check Those Corners

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    The whole point is to get people to play it again, it's a way of celebrating the game... And make some money from people buying the game again of course

And as good as MGO was, at least now the servers are off it means there won't be any online trophies
    No online trophies?
    CALLMENASTY IS HAPPY

PRO Member

same thing happend with the Force Unleashed I...i has all sabers and holocrons, then the trophy patch was release and my previous save file was useless to any of te trophies...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 5 - Silver

I read the article also, no retroactive save's, have to replay it all, & a 34 trophy count is low for a full game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

im guessing that you can earn the trophies with new game plus but Im pretty sure any trophy for getting the collectibles that you already have you wont be able to get

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    I read the article also, no retroactive save's, have to replay it all, & a 34 trophy count is low for a full game.
    Why be so negative. No-one is forcing you to play it and get a plat.

I'm stoked I get to play an awesome game again and get trophies and a full install is going to be shit hot.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Usually, old save data will not be compatable with trophy patches. You never know though, as their are ways around it...Even if they don't allow my save, I'll have a grander time getting the plat. And if they ask my to get the Big Boss Emblem:

Joe Swanson - YouTube

'Nuff said.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

My Own Worst Enemy

Thanks to all who have answered my question so far.
    I feel I should clarify a little more based on some of the answers I have received thus far.
    I wasn't asking if I would receive trophies for what I've already done. I was just wondering if I could use New Game+ as a jumping off point to get these new trophies.
    I just wanted to be able to use the things I have already unlocked like the solar gun(awesome for Vamp), for these future playthroughs.
    The only reason I even think I might be able to is that I wouldn't think their would be any trophies for unlocking these items, but getting the corresponding emblems in game -(Which you can earn more than once).

Retired Staff Member

Probably going to do what GTA did and basically be like "Yeah just start over"

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    Reason #12 why I won't buy that HD Collection. (no psp save transfer for trophies)

this discussion is about MGS4 not the HD collection and MGS4 is not on the psp nor is the HD collection
    and if you meant the vita well last i heard you can continue where you left off from ps3 to vita

but yeah all games require you to start a new game for trophies to unlock
    i see nothing wrong with that since they are getting you back into the game
    only trophy whores would complain about this since they want the plat fast
    but true MGS fans would play the shit out of this game again with no question
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

My Own Worst Enemy

Wow The Secret Society you don't screw around strait to calling me a trophy whore.
    It was a simple question I posed to any willing to answer it. If I have to start over I gladly will, because I enjoy the game.
    Don't get the hostility though I beat this game 10 plus times and would like to be able to put some of that hard work to use is all.

The Deathly Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    but yeah all games require you to start a new game for trophies to unlock
    i see nothing wrong with that since they are getting you back into the game
    only trophy whores would complain about this since they want the plat fast
    but true MGS fans would play the shit out of this game again with no question
    I would love to start over and try to get all trophies, yes u beat the Big Boss Extreme without trophies and u don't want to play it again, but its MGS4!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    Why be so negative. No-one is forcing you to play it and get a plat. I'm stoked I get to play an awesome game again and get trophies and a full install is going to be shit hot.
    Its not negative, its the truth, 34 is a low count for a full PS3 game (average for full games is 45-50), so stoke yourself away with your positive enthusiasm , no one forced you to respond to my simple opinion, yet you did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast