Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'd definitely play it, its why you play games in the first place right? I usually play through the game ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'd definitely play it, its why you play games in the first place right? I usually play through the game through until I at least finish it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    if you just picked up the new game uve been waiting for and plug it in your PS3. After the first chapter, the game glitches and gives you all the trophies including platinum....DO YOU KEEP PLAYING OR MOVE ON?

I would beat it once and move on.........what would you do?
    Why would I stop playing just because all the trophies popped up? That's tantamount to lunacy in my book, sir!

If I'd been enjoying the game up till that point, then of course I'd continue playing it. Having a few dozen virtual icons appearing on my screen would hardly put me off progressing any further in the game.

I finished playing through Trine 2 even though I'd earned the platinum before I was halfway through it, though I know some other gamers stopped playing it the instant the platinum trophy popped for them. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't understand that mindset - trophies should not influence one's decision to play a game. Case in point - those gamers who all but boycotted MGS4 due to its lack of trophies are now rushing to their nearest store to buy a copy. Why they hadn't played such an epic masterpiece before, just because it had no trophies, truly is beyond me....

PRO Member

That is a dumb question... If you have been waiting to play the game, then the main thing is to enjoy the game. Trophies are a bonus imo.

A lot of people fail to reaise that trophies have nothing to do with the game itself.. I've seen a lot of people hate on a game just because they didn't like the trophies, or on Trophy list threads were people are like

Toggle Spoiler

Sig by Smashguy

Local Drunk

Keep playing unless the game sucked

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Just keep playing...if I bought it pre-ordered, I obviously wanted it, trophies or no trophies. This glitch would only make me take my time and enjoy the game, rather than worry about trophies...however, if it was a used game that I bought for the purpose of gaining more trophie and adding to my rank...put it back in its case, take it back to wherever I bought it from, and either get a refund or exchange for another game. Either way, it's a win.

Closing this account

I would keep playing so I can be at least knowledgeable to help others if they need help.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Keep playing...im no trophy whore

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 7 - Gold

I would definitely keep playing. Just to know how the game ends, how it plays, what happens in the game..... You bought the game because you wanted to play it, so trophies should not stand in the way of that..

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    To be honest, I'd probably enjoy it more. I wouldn't be thinking about what I needed to make sure I did for that specific trophy, I'd just play it for pure enjoyment
    My thoughts exactly. While I do play a lot of games specifically for trophies and I actually enjoy hunting for trophies it would probably be a relief just to be able to play a game without having to worry about if I missed something vital.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12