Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Battlefield 4 ... Too Repetitive???

This is a discussion on Battlefield 4 ... Too Repetitive??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; It's called a visual style, DICE clearly have designers who stick to the same styles, every company does it, especially ...

  1. #21
    PRO Member
    Curse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    715
    Reputation
    102

    It's called a visual style, DICE clearly have designers who stick to the same styles, every company does it, especially games companies.

    They aren't going to drastically change this for every single game, especially when it works so well. The games all have a sleek modern look about them, what's so wrong with that?

    Atleast in terms of maps and textures etc. you can clearly see strides towards better looking games etc. I really don't see what your issue is here

    They've also developed an improved game engine between these games that you've listed, a lot more than what you get from most other developers trying to tap into the goldmine of selling addictive multiplayer FPS'

    I also don't get what there is to complain about when you have CoD that fishes out the exact same looking game year after year. But the online works, so it sells. You wont see any major improvements / new game engine for CoD until next gen, I can guarantee you that.

  2. #22
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    EpicGuy101's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Who wants to know?
    Posts
    58
    Reputation
    1

    Some people were spreading lies on the internet that BF3 had a "dinosaur mode." Apparelenty there are 3 dinosaur toys on the multiplayer map, Wake Island, and if you collected all three an unlocked mode would appear at the menu underneath co-op. This mode appearently had you
    playing as one of the soilders from campagin with A.I partners trying to hold off as many dinosaurs for unlimited time. It was obviously fake but that kinda sounds cool. I bring this up because EA or DICE could put this as a new mode in BF4. But the only way I could see this working without people getting mad if it this was a mode in a sequel to Battlfield 2142.

    It wasn't very popular but I woldn't mind seeing a sequel to it.
    "I'm loyal to nothing...except the Dream"

    - Steve Rogers

  3. #23
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    Lol @ people bringing up CoD.

    Might as well make a Battlefield: Modern Black Ops!


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  4. #24
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Actually every last one of them. Have the same look and feel. Because they all were created by Dice. And Dice does the exact same thing in all of there MP. Only difference is the PC gets more people per map. MOH, BC2 BF3 with the exception of a new game engine. They all 'look' the same. They have the exact same visual style. And play the exact same way. And the new MoH game. Is going to look and feel the same as every other Dice game in the genre.
    moh in no way was similar to the other games,besides the fact it used the same engine,and the differeces from bad company to bf3 are like night and day.

  5. #25
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    moh in no way was similar to the other games,besides the fact it used the same engine,and the differeces from bad company to bf3 are like night and day.
    MoH was similar to every other Dice game.. From the game modes to how each map was laid out. The only major difference was, Vehicles didn't play a major role in the MP. And the difference isn't so night and day between Bad Company and BF3. Just bigger maps and more vehicles. You're still playing the same 2/3 game modes. Mostly either Rush or Conquest. TDM and Close Quarters really are not BF style. But hey at least they are in there for variety I guess. And with regards to MoH. No matter what you call the names of the game modes in the game. Youwere still playing either Rush or Conquest. Which exactly different from ANY BF game like how?

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  6. #26
    PRO Member
    Curse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    715
    Reputation
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicGuy101 View Post
    Some people were spreading lies on the internet that BF3 had a "dinosaur mode." Apparelenty there are 3 dinosaur toys on the multiplayer map, Wake Island, and if you collected all three an unlocked mode would appear at the menu underneath co-op. This mode appearently had you
    playing as one of the soilders from campagin with A.I partners trying to hold off as many dinosaurs for unlimited time. It was obviously fake but that kinda sounds cool. I bring this up because EA or DICE could put this as a new mode in BF4. But the only way I could see this working without people getting mad if it this was a mode in a sequel to Battlfield 2142.

    It wasn't very popular but I woldn't mind seeing a sequel to it.
    I wouldn't say that it wasn't very popular, but it was still definitely overshadowed by BF2

    One of the strongest rumors for the last BF3 dlc is that it might be a 2143 (Like how they made 1943) pack, that's of the same size of Bad Company 2's Vietnam pack.

    It makes logical sense aswell, they've gone back to previous iterations in chronological order, 1942 got a remake first, in 1943. Then Battlefield: Vietnam got a nudge, as we saw a vietnam pack for Bad Company 2. Battlefield 2 got a sequel in Battlefield 3, that includes maps taken from BF2. The only ones next in line are 2142 and Bad Company, the later released in this console gen so I'd very much doubt it.

    It'd be nice to see a full on Battlefield 2143, that pushes the boundaries of destructible environments with the massive futuristic vehicles (Please god bring back walkers) Then to see a bad company 3 come out around the same time of say, PS4.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Lol @ people bringing up CoD.

    Might as well make a Battlefield: Modern Black Ops!
    Completely irrelevant comment is irrelevant.

    If you'd ever played an older Battlefield you'd realize how stupid you look right now

  7. #27
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    To be fair BF is a first person shooter type of game, and there is only so much you can change about the game until its not the same genre anymore (guns, maps, vehicles, atmosphere, amount of players, graphics etc.) I get where your coming from but if you wan't something different than BF I suggest you try looking in other game genres, because as far as shooters go there ain't gonna be much difference between the games to be honest
    i disagree, most fps are the same but there are exceptions like bioshock, bulletstorm, and borderlands, they are nothing like cod and battlefield which is probably why i only like playing fps that are different than anything else out there, i dont wanna be a sheep and follow what everyone else plays

  8. #28
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    Completely irrelevant comment is irrelevant.

    If you'd ever played an older Battlefield you'd realize how stupid you look right now
    I don't care how stupid I look, don't take all of my posts so seriously. :stare:


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  9. #29
    worlds biggest welch fan
    nevetsteven2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Washington biosphere
    Posts
    811
    Reputation
    63

    whens bad company getting back.
    Sig By Me

    Mirrors Edge Platinum









  10. #30
    Check Those Corners
    CallmeNasty's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,541
    Reputation
    45

    Battlefield 3 was fun.. but felt the same as MOH. MOH warfighter hopefully will bring something new. But I would rather a BFBC3 than BF4, but will still play both. COD is kind of the same, but there is always something new to it that makes you come back to play it


  11. #31
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    I find it funny that the thread is titled, "Battlefield 4... Too Repetitive?"

    You kidding me? The entire fucking FPS genre is the most repetitive thing known to nerd. Excuse me, the FPS experience has actually been shifted to casual gamers, so not really nerds.

    Look, it's the same damn thing in every game. Aim and shoot, over and over again. No innovation, nothing. And they won't innovate because each game garners millions of dollars, so why change anything if they're making money?

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  12. #32
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    all war games are starting to get boring to me I wish that they would make more AC, Prototype & Infamous etc type games but knowing me I will still buy it anyway


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  13. #33
    PRO Member
    Rune2303's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    658
    Reputation
    28

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i disagree, most fps are the same but there are exceptions like bioshock, bulletstorm, and borderlands, they are nothing like cod and battlefield which is probably why i only like playing fps that are different than anything else out there, i dont wanna be a sheep and follow what everyone else plays
    alright my bad, guess I should have said competitive online fps shooters

    Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

    Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

    Future project: None ATM

  14. #34
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I find it funny that the thread is titled, "Battlefield 4... Too Repetitive?"

    You kidding me? The entire fucking FPS genre is the most repetitive thing known to nerd. Excuse me, the FPS experience has actually been shifted to casual gamers, so not really nerds.

    Look, it's the same damn thing in every game. Aim and shoot, over and over again. No innovation, nothing. And they won't innovate because each game garners millions of dollars, so why change anything if they're making money?
    And I thought racing games were too repetitive (but I love them anyway).


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  15. #35
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i disagree, most fps are the same but there are exceptions like bioshock, bulletstorm, and borderlands, they are nothing like cod and battlefield which is probably why i only like playing fps that are different than anything else out there, i dont wanna be a sheep and follow what everyone else plays
    they are different because they arent military fps.people dont play c.o.d or battleield because they are sheep they play it because they are the two best multiplayer experiences available on consoles.

  16. #36
    Revelations 19:16
    djthaiboxer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Midgar
    Posts
    375
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    why would you want to make the maps bigger,the maps are already way to big for the few people that are allowed due to console restrictions
    maybe not one more flag here and there, but they should be cycled around, that way we can go to different parts of these huge maps...for a reason.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

  17. #37
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    And I thought racing games were too repetitive (but I love them anyway).
    That's because racing games are repetitive. :stare:

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  18. #38
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Frostmourne89's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post

    Look, it's the same damn thing in every game. Aim and shoot, over and over again. No innovation, nothing. And they won't innovate because each game garners millions of dollars, so why change anything if they're making money?

    Lol when people bring this up about a genre. In fps you aim and shoot, over and over, ok. Racing....you hold x (assuming acceleration), and steer, over and over....soccer games, get the ball and score, over and over....basketball...dribble down the court and shoot, you get my point. Every game every genre will become repetitive eventually. It helps to enjoy the small things that are put into games, cuz in the big picture its all the same.

  19. #39
    My Own Worst Enemy
    Self_Saboteur-'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UoK,KY
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    26

    I don't think I follow the logic of this thread.
    Medal of Honor and Battlefield are two different games. Aside from the fact that dice did the multi component for Medal of Honor.
    The multiplayer was still different for both series. One big difference is the use of vehicles and the ability to destroy buildings and cover.
    As for CoD, it is starting to get a little stale for me. But Black Ops and Modern Warfare still have their own unique identities.
    All in all the only thing I see that they have in common is the FPS genre.


    (Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)


  20. #40
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    jaws-ate's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Le Mansion De Murray
    Posts
    1,077
    Reputation
    23

    im lovin the replies on this thread. its just gone way beyond my intentions... lol...
    all i meant was i think the BF4 multiplayer will look exactly the same as BFBC2, BF3 & MoH, along with the new multiplayer footage fir MoH:WF.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO