Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Battlefield 4 ... Too Repetitive???

This is a discussion on Battlefield 4 ... Too Repetitive??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So after EA released Medal of Honor (2010), all of their multiplayer sections of war games (BF BC 2, BF3, ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Battlefield 4 ... Too Repetitive???

So after EA released Medal of Honor (2010), all of their multiplayer sections of war games (BF BC 2, BF3, MoH:WF) have had the same exact look and feel as the rest. Is anyone wondering if this is going to get too normal and maybe then old and dull? I mean, in reality people almost all the time cant do the same thing over and over and over again numerous times without it being repetitive. Ive heard from fans of the SAW franchise that even after 6 it was getting to be a bit dull because of so much repetition.

Just a curious thought after seeing the multiplayer trailer for Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Lvl 3 - Bronze

MOH Warfighter and BF4 will be good,for a while.
    But as you say they dont really bring anything new to the table.
    I'll play them both(until i get bored probably),then prolly trade em for something else.

Lvl 8 - Gold

none of those games have the same look and feel besides the fact they are fps games,you must be thinking of c.o.d.

Nope, nothing

It works for Call of Duty They're all the same and still do well.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    It works for Call of Duty They're all the same and still do well.
    Yeh but COD is just a cash cow,i want something different.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_BiNmAn View Post
    then play an rpg instead of a fps,their isnt much you can add to a fps to make it different if you change it to much it wouldnt be the same game and the people who love that game will leave it for something else.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    then play an rpg instead of a fps,their isnt much you can add to a fps to make it different if you change it to much it wouldnt be the same game and the people who love that game will leave it for something else.
    Even RPG'S are getting samey.

Lvl 8 - Gold

It can't get much different when it comes to modern military shooters. You have your MOH/COD for quick fast paced action and you have Battlefield for a more tactical approach. Granted, BF3 maps could be bigger and have more flags in conquest since the BF2: Modern Combat for PS2 had at least 5 flags. Other than that, it doesn't get much different.

PRO Member

To be fair BF is a first person shooter type of game, and there is only so much you can change about the game until its not the same genre anymore (guns, maps, vehicles, atmosphere, amount of players, graphics etc.) I get where your coming from but if you wan't something different than BF I suggest you try looking in other game genres, because as far as shooters go there ain't gonna be much difference between the games to be honest

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 9 - Gold

what about some insanely twisted maps that make the game look more like something out of CoD:BO Zombies or something like so random and outlandish that it almost redefines the FPS genre

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    It can't get much different when it comes to modern military shooters. You have your MOH/COD for quick fast paced action and you have Battlefield for a more tactical approach. Granted, BF3 maps could be bigger and have more flags in conquest since the BF2: Modern Combat for PS2 had at least 5 flags. Other than that, it doesn't get much different.
    why would you want to make the maps bigger,the maps are already way to big for the few people that are allowed due to console restrictions

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    what about some insanely twisted maps that make the game look more like something out of CoD:BO Zombies or something like so random and outlandish that it almost redefines the FPS genre
    then it wouldnt be a military shooter now would it.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Even RPG'S are getting samey.
    Then lower your expectations Sir, a good amount of games are almost identical on the surface, it's the nuances that matter.

Medal Of Honor was a lite version of Battlefield's MP, fun but nothing to match up. As for samey MP in Battlefield, more random things happen in one Rush round than in 20 COD matches.

Lvl 8 - Gold

why would you want to make the maps bigger,the maps are already way to big for the few people that are allowed due to console restrictions

Flight areas one some maps are small so you find yourself out of bounds while dogfighting. Bigger maps, like Operation Firestorm and Caspian Border, while big enough, could use 1 more flag. It gets pretty boring playing on Firestorm and fighting over 3 flags in a straight line.

But enough about BF3.

Platinum Dohvakiin

none of those games have the same look and feel besides the fact they are fps games,you must be thinking of c.o.d.
    Actually every last one of them. Have the same look and feel. Because they all were created by Dice. And Dice does the exact same thing in all of there MP. Only difference is the PC gets more people per map. MOH, BC2 BF3 with the exception of a new game engine. They all 'look' the same. They have the exact same visual style. And play the exact same way. And the new MoH game. Is going to look and feel the same as every other Dice game in the genre.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Actually every last one of them have the same look and feel. Because they all were created by Dice. And Dice does the exact same thing in all of there MP. Only difference is the PC gets more people per map. MOH, BC2 BF3 with the exception of a new game engine. They all 'look' the same. They have the exact same visual style. And play the exact same way. And the new MoH game. Is going to look and feel the same as every other Dice game in the genre.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I will not support the BF3/4 universe, no purchase here.
    Milkage..

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

this
    then it wouldnt be a military shooter now would it.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Then lower your expectations Sir, a good amount of games are almost identical on the surface, it's the nuances that matter..
    this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would much prefer a Bad Company 3

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Banned

I'm more of a COD player from COD3, then COD4, then I started to trail off at [email protected] then I skipped the MP from MW2... played the hell out of BO's and now I've skipped the MP of MW3 ...

I find it the only way I can keep interest in those games. I have no idea what they can do to revitalize the genre... but it would be nice to see an effort.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast