Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

2 Platinum's per game ???

This is a discussion on 2 Platinum's per game ??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I prefer things how they already are but it's not a bad idea, it's an idea to start with & ...

  1. #21
    PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!
    Chaotically-Epic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mainly gaming on PC now.
    Posts
    2,905
    Reputation
    72

    I prefer things how they already are but it's not a bad idea, it's an idea to start with & expand though very much. It could be bad where MP trophies are to few for such a reward or good & double the size of online trophies to match the size of SP ones for online junkies rewarding them w/ a plat. (etc).

    Signature by DaRe_xLw





  2. #22
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    EvaRir's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    0

    I think that is an amazing idea. Assassins creeds for example, ive got 2's plat, but none of the others because i dont like the online enough to play to lvl 50 or whatever. Got every trophy available for the Main story though!! So, yes i agree, my wife says she does too.

  3. #23
    Since Aug. 09
    kiona05's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    407
    Reputation
    38

    yea lets take away the MP trophies, difficulty trophies and while were at it the collectibles. whatever happened to earning ur platinum? if it has MP trophies...dont fkn play it, very simple. if you cant hang with MP you really dont deserve platinum. 1 trophy list for each game is fine, get over yourselves...seriously. just cause a handful of you cant handle MP trophies they need new trophy list lmao. thats funny.

    Dominate!

  4. #24
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    yea lets take away the MP trophies, difficulty trophies and while were at it the collectibles. whatever happened to earning ur platinum? if it has MP trophies...dont fkn play it, very simple. if you cant hang with MP you really dont deserve platinum. 1 trophy list for each game is fine, get over yourselves...seriously. just cause a handful of you cant handle MP trophies they need new trophy list lmao. thats funny.
    I agree with this ^... Time and time again i hear people complaining about MP trophies and if you can't do multiplayer then you don't deserve the platinum at all. Platinum's are not supposed to be easy that you can do in a couple of days. They are supposed to give you a challenge and we don't need 2 platinum trophies that's just silly

  5. #25
    PRO Member
    Rowdi's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    58
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    If you don't do the online trophies, you don't get the platinum, simple as that. The developers are the ones who decide what the trophies should be, and if the developers want to include online trophies then you'll have to play online if you want the platinum. People need to stop complaining about what they want trophies to be because it's about what the developers want, and if a trophy set make you pass on a game then I wouldn't consider you to be a "true" gamer.
    I don't see it that way. It shouldn't be about what the developer wants. It should be about what the gamers want. Have you ever heard the term "The customer is always right."? Pretty simple concept. Give the consumers what they want and they'll come back to buy more. Developers are the ones that make the decision of what trophies to put into games, however, they need to keep in mind whether or not that choice is pleasing their customers. Developers include online trophies with their games to create an incentive for the gamers to try the online portion of the game. The producer and developer stand to make more money for dlc maps and such if that online game becomes popular. I'm sorry,but you can only do tdm and ffa so many ways before it gets old and stale. Imo, developers need to choose a side. If they're going to make a sp game, make a sp game. Same thing goes for mp. Do one or the other and stop cutting from one side to focus on another. Unfortunately, as long as they don't see any gains from changing, we won't see many changes either.

    Edit: On topic, I'd prefer to have two separate games as opposed to two platinums.
    IV Card by: cmgravekeeper

  6. #26
    Lvl 3 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    116
    Reputation
    2

    Personally i just play Offline and do the Offline trophies if i do really enjoy a game! I spend my time playing Online, so, actually i think games should have more Online trophies!! Im not really an Offline player!!

    But 2 Platinums would be great!!!!

  7. #27
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    yea lets take away the MP trophies, difficulty trophies and while were at it the collectibles. whatever happened to earning ur platinum? if it has MP trophies...dont fkn play it, very simple. if you cant hang with MP you really dont deserve platinum. 1 trophy list for each game is fine, get over yourselves...seriously. just cause a handful of you cant handle MP trophies they need new trophy list lmao. thats funny.
    Haha good tip (NOT)

    Dont play it? Is that really your suggestion? We may complain because we cannot get the platinum, but i hardly think anyone is willing to just drop a game.

    I think what your forgetting is that certain game series are going with added online multiplayer, which sucks and is a failure rather than just sticking with a great SP. Some cases the SP suffers because of the MP. If you cant hang with the MP? There are so many MP games that ruin the fun. Only a real TW will torture themselves through the horrible MP. We are just discussing a topic, not trying to change the world



  8. #28
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    System H's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    447
    Reputation
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I know of some titles, and i have searched before. I own some, but i dont think there are enough. There will never be enough.

    I disagree when you say "there are PLENTY of games that have offline platinums". If we were to put that number into a percent, i think its less than 33 % (and less with each new game coming out)



    I may be wrong, as i dont know the exact %. If your willing to post that, feel free.
    If you really cant find a game that is single player only, then you need to have your eyes checked. Seeing that you only have 30 plats I dont think finding a game should be really all that hard. So yes there are plenty of games that require offline trophies. As a matter of fact most of my collection is single player.

    As far a a certain % im sure its higher then that with all the HD collections out, all the RPGs, and there are alot of PSN titles that dont require online unless you want to complain you need to be online to download them.

    But to answer the question of should there be to 2 plats in a game, to put it simply....No.


  9. #29
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdi View Post
    I don't see it that way. It shouldn't be about what the developer wants. It should be about what the gamers want. Have you ever heard the term "The customer is always right."? Pretty simple concept. Give the consumers what they want and they'll come back to buy more. Developers are the ones that make the decision of what trophies to put into games, however, they need to keep in mind whether or not that choice is pleasing their customers. Developers include online trophies with their games to create an incentive for the gamers to try the online portion of the game. The producer and developer stand to make more money for dlc maps and such if that online game becomes popular. I'm sorry,but you can only do tdm and ffa so many ways before it gets old and stale. Imo, developers need to choose a side. If they're going to make a sp game, make a sp game. Same thing goes for mp. Do one or the other and stop cutting from one side to focus on another. Unfortunately, as long as they don't see any gains from changing, we won't see many changes either.

    Edit: On topic, I'd prefer to have two separate games as opposed to two platinums.
    I suppose this is where we disagree. While yes, the developer need to take gamers into consideration while making their product, the game is ultimately their child and they should treat it however they feel best. Developers shouldn't dramatically change what they want because a few people don't want specific trophies. Like you said, they want people coming back for more and a good way to ensure that is to have good multiplayer. A lot of "trophy hunters" won't even touch multiplayer if it isn't a requirement for the platinum so an easy way to get them to check it out is to include multiplayer trophies.

    "Trophy hunters" need to realize that they aren't entitled to the trophies. They are little extras that are supposed to make the games more fun, or have you do something you wouldn't normally do to get a kick. If the "trophy hunters" had their way the lists would just be like Terminator: Salvation, easy and straightforward so everyone can boost their E-peen.

    Back to the "Customer is always right" concept, that doesn't really work with video games because while you may not like a game (say GT5) that doesn't mean I hate it. If you wanted GT5 to have more acradey physics and no Lamborghini, that doesn't mean the developers should listen, it just means you shouldn't buy the game if you don't like they way it was developed.

    In my opinion a platinum trophy should represent completing the game to 100%. Yes, I realize that isn't always true, but mulitplayer is part of the game and if the developers feel it is a big enough part I see no reason to exclude trophies.



  10. #30
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    I think that they have made a decision just from a profit sense , cause look at the amount of games that have like one or two silly on-line trophy's , the reason they do this is because people trade in games , its an attempt to get the best price they can for there game , look at the amount of games that you have to buy an on-line pass for now if you bought a game pre-owned , me personally some games out there the only reason I did buy it was because it was 10 and if I do all the trophy's I have to hand over another 8 just to get a silly trophy for win one on-line match , its just a con

  11. #31
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    13

    Before this gen people would try to 100% games for all in game awards or titles (Like how ratchet and clank gave you 'cheats' like big head). Trophies are supposed to be the same thing only other people can see them now. That involves doing all content in the game including Online, hardest difficulty, collectable, all game endings and all game modes. So I think those should all be put under 1 platinum since that is part of the main game. The problem with this is when the developers put trophies that you realistically will never get without boosting it.(Some examples being Bling brigade in wipeoutHD and professor portal in Portal 2.) but neither of those are online problems themselves just developers presuming we all have 8 friends who own the same game.

    However some games do get large amounts of DLC. This is where I think second platinums should exist. Since some can literally double the trophy count and game time and be just as challenging. Consider borderlands with it's 3 DLC's that almost double the trophy count. You also have Burnout paradise with 6 DLC's, AC revelations with 3 DLC's, Batman: Arkham city with 4 DLC's and the list goes on. If you buy all the DLC's for these games then you could spend the same amount of money or more than what you spent on the original game. In some cases all the DLC's give the same amount of game time or more that the original game gave. Yet these aren't worth a platinum?

    So to this I say we could/ should get second platinums for getting all the DLC's in other games (provided it get's at least 3 DLC's or something like that)
    Last edited by Doomlor0; 07-28-2012 at 06:25 PM.

  12. #32
    100% Grizzly
    Bagel_Bear's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    193
    Reputation
    9

    1 Platinum, two trophy sets

    You get the platinum from the offline trophy set and the online trophies just give you a 100%.

  13. #33
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by bagelbear View Post
    1 Platinum, two trophy sets

    You get the platinum from the offline trophy set and the online trophies just give you a 100%.
    That's a lot better idea simple but effective , that would defo suit me to the way thing's are right now

  14. #34
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    40
    Reputation
    3

    I don't think there should be any online trophies full stop. Some people don't like online, some don't have online and the worse thing is you buy a game a year after release and nobodys left on the servers.

  15. #35
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Rickdawg420's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacto
    Posts
    109
    Reputation
    1

    I like certain games like mass effect 3 where they make a trophy thats not necessarily on or offline, like the kills trophy your offline kills and online kills all count towards the trophy so if u like only playing offline or strictly online player your still good! It's only a few trophies though u gotta do offline either way, like most games

  16. #36
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    If you really cant find a game that is single player only, then you need to have your eyes checked. Seeing that you only have 30 plats I dont think finding a game should be really all that hard. So yes there are plenty of games that require offline trophies. As a matter of fact most of my collection is single player.

    As far a a certain % im sure its higher then that with all the HD collections out, all the RPGs, and there are alot of PSN titles that dont require online unless you want to complain you need to be online to download them.

    But to answer the question of should there be to 2 plats in a game, to put it simply....No.
    Sorry to make you look like a fool, but you should look at the games in my collection, not the number of platinums i have. I didnt say i couldnt find any games with single player, i just said what ever that number is, its not enough.

    Gosh.... reading really is important!

    Looking at your 12 platinums, your "collection" is smaller than mine. FACT

    So you dont have a % for me? I am sure YOU think it higher than it really is, but no one cares about your unproven opinion. I deal in facts. There are alot of PSN titles that dont require online. Most of them dont have platinums either.

    But to answer the question if you think you proved your point accurately.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA (no...)



  17. #37
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I know of some titles, and i have searched before. I own some, but i dont think there are enough. There will never be enough.

    I disagree when you say "there are PLENTY of games that have offline platinums". If we were to put that number into a percent, i think its less than 33 % (and less with each new game coming out)


    I may be wrong, as i dont know the exact %. If your willing to post that, feel free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    So you dont have a % for me? I am sure YOU think it higher than it really is, but no one cares about your unproven opinion. I deal in facts. There are alot of PSN titles that dont require online. Most of them dont have platinums either.

    But to answer the question if you think you proved your point accurately.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA (no...)
    So you deal in facts, eh? Why don't you back that up by posting the source for the "fact" I bolded in the quote above? Oh, because you said yourself that you pulled that number form your ass, so don't sit there and say you "deal in facts."

    You seem to be very hostile with others who disagree with your opinion (not just in this thread, in others I've seen you post in as well) and I'm not sure why. Not everyone has to agree on every topic, and if they don't there is no need to act like an asshat.



  18. #38
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    johnny_leyenda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    1,111
    Reputation
    42

    I don't know about "two sets" of trophies, but for example Mass Effect 3 doesn't force you to play multiplayer as far as I know. So you could either reach maximum level in multiplayer (or beat all missions with gold or something like that) or beat the campaign 100% on Insanity. Whichever comes first. I like that method. Especially for games that nobody even plays anymore, like Killzone 2 (people play it but it's almost impossible to get the Plat because the online trophies are insane), or Lost Planet 2 (which is just a freaking joke, that Plat is just a sick joke).

    NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

  19. #39
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    SirWaWa's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    142
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunks View Post
    I just don't think there should be any online trophies period imo.
    agreed....

  20. #40
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    So you deal in facts, eh? Why don't you back that up by posting the source for the "fact" I bolded in the quote above? Oh, because you said yourself that you pulled that number form your ass, so don't sit there and say you "deal in facts."

    You seem to be very hostile with others who disagree with your opinion (not just in this thread, in others I've seen you post in as well) and I'm not sure why. Not everyone has to agree on every topic, and if they don't there is no need to act like an asshat.
    Rewriting:

    THe information i gave you wasnt "pulled out of my ass", although i can understand why you thought that. Its not as accurate as would have liked, but unless you have a better way of figuring out a ball park %, you have nothing to complain about

    I took the number of games i own, divided by the amount of SP platinum games i own, and divided that, multiplying that number by 100 to get my percent.

    Now i dont own every single game, so its not accurate, but its a percent.

    Would you like to give me a percent?

    As to the hostility, its just annoying arguing with users. Its fun, but annoying when the user cannot explain why they feel they are correct. As for me, i guess you can say i am passionate about my point of view. If you want to argue, fine. But if you cannot prove your point, then that where it gets annoying.

    I am human, as i make mistakes all the time. But i will never give up on an argument till i feel i am in the wrong. As for this argument, the % doesnt really matter. There are too many games out there to be accurate, but a majority of them are not SP only. And like i stated, most of the new games coming out are also filled with online trophies for the platinum. Still great titles....
    Last edited by Crealkllr; 07-30-2012 at 04:47 AM.



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO