Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

2 Platinum's per game ???

This is a discussion on 2 Platinum's per game ??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Agree with how Bioware did their online trophies on Mass Effect 3.That's how online trophies should be or just make ...

F**K AUTHORITY

Agree with how Bioware did their online trophies on Mass Effect 3.That's how online trophies should be or just make online trophies like DLC trophies not needed for Platinum
    Arguing online is like masturbating at McDonalds sure it's fun but do you really wanna be known as that guy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Each Game will have an online plat and an offline plat...if you get both plats, you earn a diamond trophy (since it's better than platinum?)anyways, that will never happen coz it's a VERY big change

PRO Member

nah I just feel like some developers should ease out on some of the online trophies they put in their games (GTA IV, RED DEAD etc.)

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hate online trophies that requires hours and hours; I think games should keep it heavily focused on single player, and those online trophies should be made obtainable through a rational amount of time. Nothing like Max Payne 3 or Grand Theft Auto IV for example. Just a waste of time in my opinion.

PRO Member

I don't like the idea of 1 plat for offline and 1 plat for online... I like it how it is now

If you don't want to do the online trophies? Try boosting it, if you're too lazy to do the online by yourself or boost, then you don't deserve the plat imo

Sig by Smashguy

100% Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I don't like the idea of 1 plat for offline and 1 plat for online... I like it how it is now

If you don't want to do the online trophies? Try boosting it, if you're too lazy to do the online by yourself or boost, then you don't deserve the plat imo
    If a trophy has to be boosted to be feasible then it shouldnt exist in the first place.

Synthwave <3

Personally, I think another great idea would be to have all trophies in a game obtainable offline/online. I would love to see more online games that you could play and platinum either entirely offline or online. That would be so awesome to have the choice!

Just imagine being able to play games like:

L.A. Noire
    Infamous
    Lollipop Chainsaw
    Skryim (PS3 version)
    Sly Cooper collection
    ... and many more

ALL with the option to play online.
    Last edited by bnecker717; 07-30-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Closing this account

I kinda hate online trophies due to people rage quitting, server timing out, horrible match making and having to pay for extra content. Having to match up against someone that is fully loaded and all you have is a water gun, how is that fair? If the online trophies were DLC's and I had to buy them, I wouldn't get that game. Bad enough you have to buy DLC's to get 100% for each game. Try playing a game that online trophies are glitched. You might have second thoughts.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagelbear View Post
    If a trophy has to be boosted to be feasible then it shouldnt exist in the first place.
    If that's what you believe, others don't like boosting but they still do it... anyway you asked me to boost Altered Beast. :stare:

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 8 - Gold

If that's what you believe, others don't like boosting but they still do it... anyway you asked me to boost Altered Beast. :stare:
    I think they were talking about games like Resident Evil: Raccoon city, where you have to win a match killing all enemy heros, or get 10 melee kills in a row.

Those trophies mentioned, although doable without boosting, would require alot of time, luck, and people (seriously, online is sometimes hard to find people)

Games like Altered Beast isnt really boostable. You play with others to get to the end quicker, but its not really a game that requires you to "get 99 online wins" or "play online multiplayer 98 times". Those are boosting trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't cheer the idea, I think a platinum is what make you feel you beat that game, the whole game in essence, that's why there is 1 platinum per game, so 2 platinums per game would be a mess... I prefer the way the things are like right now but I'll do ask companies to set more sense trophies establishments, some bronze trophies should be gold trophies... for the difficulty and time consuming.

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

Lvl 10 - Platinum

a solution would be to just make online trophies be optional for the platinum since not everyone has online capabilities it isnt fair to them, 2 platinums would be a bad idea however

PRO Member

I would be on board this idea, cause anyone that knows me knows that I hate online game / trophies with a passion
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

But not liking online games is not a good reason for creating a new platinum just for completing online trophies...

And about the 100% completion, I don't know but maybe DLC trophies should not count for the 100%, just extra trophies bu that's sony's mess

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I think they were talking about games like Resident Evil: Raccoon city, where you have to win a match killing all enemy heros, or get 10 melee kills in a row.

Those trophies mentioned, although doable without boosting, would require alot of time, luck, and people (seriously, online is sometimes hard to find people)

Games like Altered Beast isnt really boostable. You play with others to get to the end quicker, but its not really a game that requires you to "get 99 online wins" or "play online multiplayer 98 times". Those are boosting trophies
    Yeah I know what he meant lol but still Altered Beast does need to be boosted because the online is dead! It only takes a few minutes, but still a boost is a boost. It doesn't matter how long it takes.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yeah I know what he meant lol but still Altered Beast does need to be boosted because the online is dead! It only takes a few minutes, but still a boost is a boost. It doesn't matter how long it takes.
    yea thats true

Lvl 6 - Silver

It would be nice to have them separate because I hate getting online trophies.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123