Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2 Platinum's per game ???

This is a discussion on 2 Platinum's per game ??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This might have already been posted if so all close it , been noticing that a lot of you don't ...

Rangers F.C

2 Platinum's per game ???

This might have already been posted if so all close it , been noticing that a lot of you don't like on-line trophy's either , so how would you feel about 2 set's off platinum's one for on-line one for offline but if you want your 100% you have to do both , just an idea lol

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

if im being honest id prefer things as they already are.However,if such a thing did happen id go for all the offline trophies without a doubt and id certainly try for the "online plat" just so i could say ive at least tried it but of course it would depend on the trophies and game.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    This might have already been posted if so all close it , been noticing that a lot of you don't like on-line trophy's either , so how would you feel about 2 set's off platinum's one for on-line one for offline but if you want your 100% you have to do both , just an idea lol
    Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    if im being honest id prefer things as they already are.However,if such a thing did happen id go for all the offline trophies without a doubt and id certainly try for the "online plat" just so i could say ive at least tried it but of course it would depend on the trophies and game.
    I would be interested in this idea, but something comes to mind. They would have to add more trophies, so then it would be a more even number. You cant have a game with 4 online trophies to have a online platinum, while this game has 50 offline trophies (approximate numbers of a Assassins creed game)

THis adding of trophies would also mean the price of the game goes up, as your now buying two games in one disk.

In my opinion, they should just make two games. One offline only game, and one multiplayer online game. That way if no one likes the multiplayer (Assassins creed) then no one is forced to play it just to get their platinum. Just my thoughts, and doubtful they will be changing anything soon.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I just don't think there should be any online trophies period imo.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chunks View Post
    I just don't think there should be any online trophies period imo.
    Agreed but if they were to put online trophies they shouldn't be to hard to where you have to grind in video games they are not going to stop putting online trophies.

I love football season!

I'm not in favor of creating two separate platinum trophies, nor creating two version (offline & online) of a game either. Things are just fine the way they are, IMHO.

iCard by pittsteeler36

Rangers F.C

2 platinum's maybe not the answer but I don't know how many games I have where going for the plat is just not an option because of on-line trophy's , I hate them in all honesty , but I feel like all the hard work on the games I have done offline is wasted , I would say just take them out completely like crealkiller said but that wouldn't be fair for people who do like them

Buy my book, Alteration

From a dev's perspective, online trophies probably extend the game's lifespan for the niche of trophy-getters. I don't mind them, but I'm not afraid to boost them if need be either. If they left or stayed I wouldn't care; if I bought games just to have my soul crushed at the fact there are online trophies in the way of my plat, I wouldn't be gaming.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

My Own Worst Enemy

I have noticed that some titles offer the online content as add on or + trophies. So it isn't needed for plat. but is for 100%.

My only real problem with online trophies is when they add it to a game that didn't used to be online. Sometimes they don't even know if anyone will play it online.
    I hate this cause the only way to get these online trophies or the ones for an old title is to boost.
    Which is fine but shouldn't even be an issue if the developers would take these things into account before the addition of these trophies.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    2 platinum's maybe not the answer but I don't know how many games I have where going for the plat is just not an option because of on-line trophy's , I hate them in all honesty , but I feel like all the hard work on the games I have done offline is wasted , I would say just take them out completely like crealkiller said but that wouldn't be fair for people who do like them
    I agree with you, maybe its not the answer. For those games that i enjoyed the online, its not a big deal. but for games (example is assassins creed) that i enjoy and it has 4 online trophies needed for platinum, i hate the game. It wouldnt be fair to take them out completely, but i am not the only one that hates the games just because of that online trophy that is keeping me from the platinum.IDK what the correct answer is, but if it stays the same, i wouldnt mind. I can just cross off 40 game titles, as i wont be able to platinum them unless my friends are willing to boost with me (they arnt willing as of right now)

Fight the Future

If you don't do the online trophies, you don't get the platinum, simple as that. The developers are the ones who decide what the trophies should be, and if the developers want to include online trophies then you'll have to play online if you want the platinum. People need to stop complaining about what they want trophies to be because it's about what the developers want, and if a trophy set make you pass on a game then I wouldn't consider you to be a "true" gamer.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    If you don't do the online trophies, you don't get the platinum, simple as that. The developers are the ones who decide what the trophies should be, and if the developers want to include online trophies then you'll have to play online if you want the platinum. People need to stop complaining about what they want trophies to be because it's about what the developers want, and if a trophy set make you pass on a game then I wouldn't consider you to be a "true" gamer.
    Whoa calm down. I am neither complaining, nor am i "passing" on any game. I would have like to have more offline platnum-able games. that is all

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Whoa calm down. I am neither complaining, nor am i "passing" on any game. I would have like to have more offline platnum-able games. that is all
    I am calm. Not sure what makes you think I'm not, and I'm also not sure why you think I was speaking specifically to you as I didn't quote you, I just happened to post after you.

Anyhow, like I said that wasn't directed at you but it was made as a general statement. The gaming community, or trophy hunting community needs to stop complaining about online trophies. If developers don't want them in the game they won't include them, if they do want them they will include them. If you hate multiplayer then don't play, but don't expect to get the platinum either.

A platinum trophy is ideally supposed to represent that you've completed the game to 100%, correct? I suppose many developers believe that the multiplayer portions of their game are a big part of the whole game and feel you haven't completely experienced the game unless you've played the multiplayer.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    I am calm. Not sure what makes you think I'm not, and I'm also not sure why you think I was speaking specifically to you as I didn't quote you, I just happened to post after you.

Anyhow, like I said that wasn't directed at you but it was made as a general statement. The gaming community, or trophy hunting community needs to stop complaining about online trophies. If developers don't want them in the game they won't include them, if they do want them they will include them. If you hate multiplayer then don't play, but don't expect to get the platinum either.

A platinum trophy is ideally supposed to represent that you've completed the game to 100%, correct? I suppose many developers believe that the multiplayer portions of their game are a big part of the whole game and feel you haven't completely experienced the game unless you've played the multiplayer.
    I am just speaking from my point of view. The comment is for the community as a whole, but in situation, i gave you my answer.

The thing about a platinum trophy is, it doesnt represent a gamer completing the game 100%. There are games you can platinum halfway through the game. These game titles might not be the best of examples, but a platinum is completing all the challenges, not the game. Some challenges are to beat the game, but dont get the two confused.

I dislike that the online trophies are sometimes rediculous. Some of them, after reading the description, are almost unobtainable with out boosting. I wont list examples, in hopes that everyone has come across a trophy like this. If you are oblivious, i would be happy to give examples.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I do believe that there are plenty of games that have offline plats, seek and you shall find. Or do you need an example?

PRO Member

I like the idea of having online trophies... but NOT to get platinum. Because it does make you venture into trying the online and can add to the experience.
    But I use LoveFilm, so rent all my games and I'm not paying to play Online, just to get a platinum (which fucking pisses me off)
    To get platinum it should be all Offline trophies, with just a seperate list for the online.

PRO Member

This will be good 4 all the platinums hunters out there

Synthwave <3

I think this is a great solution for people that don't like online trophies/have reliable internet. It would also be a good option with all this goofy online pass business they've been doing lately. Great idea!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    I do believe that there are plenty of games that have offline plats, seek and you shall find. Or do you need an example?
    I know of some titles, and i have searched before. I own some, but i dont think there are enough. There will never be enough.

I disagree when you say "there are PLENTY of games that have offline platinums". If we were to put that number into a percent, i think its less than 33 % (and less with each new game coming out)

I may be wrong, as i dont know the exact %. If your willing to post that, feel free.

True Templar

I prefer them as they are now.. earlier i was a bit opposed to online trophies, especially because i donít play so much PS3 as i would like to, so it can be hard to finish online trophies, before everyone else has moved on to other games.

Now im playing Disney Universe with my 3 year old and would like to plat it, because it actually a fun game.... but it has a %§&%§&#/ offline trophy...
    All Together Now!
    Complete a level with 4 players.

Now this would be much easier online... cause i donít have 4 controllers.... Bugger

Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - Heavy Rain - L.A. Noire -
    Red Dead Redemption - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast