Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What makes a great Platinum/100% collection?

This is a discussion on What makes a great Platinum/100% collection? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I've come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to play every game out there. When ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What makes a great Platinum/100% collection?

So I've come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to play every game out there. When buidling my platinum collection, I decided to base it off of [/FONT]

1) Difficutly
    2) Scarcity
    3) Variety
    4) Fun

Not neccesarily in that order. Here are a few of my platinums/100%'s. Please let me know if you have any suggestions that would make my collection better/more impressive. (of course the older games are harder to plat... but if they have online trophies... they are kind of out of the quesiton... sadly)

Call of Duty [email protected] - Call of Duty Classic - Call of Juarez and COJ2 (caution! don't buy that game)
    Resistance 2 & 3
    Final Fantasy 13 & 13-2
    Batman Asylum & City
    Sonics - Many
    Fallout 3
    Namco Museum Essentials
    Medal of Honor: Frontline
    God of War 1-2-3
    Burnout Paradise
    Midnight Club: Los Angeles
    Resident Evil 5
    Band Hero - Guitar Hero 5
    Madden 10
    Dead Nation
    Heavy Rain

And I'm working on Grand Turismo 5 but probably won't finish it in my lifetime

Or post some of your collection that you think rivals or exceeds my own. I obvisouly don't have the most trophies out there... but I think having a wide variety of difficult games is something to strive for. Let me know what you think.

What do you base your opinion on when looking at a trophy collection?

Thanks
    Bloody Sunday

PRO Member

lol what happened? Fix that mess

Perfect 100%/plat collection DRAGON1NINJA's PS3 Trophy Profile - PS3Trophies

Edit: That's better

IMO it really doesn't matter what the collection looks like as long as you try and get a high % in all of your games.

Sig by Smashguy

Resident PHD

Better idea, play games you like to play and base your collection off of that.

But if you want a really pimping collection you should add Tony Hawk Ride and Shred...you need to have both of them to be awesome.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Better idea, play games you like to play and base your collection off of that.

But if you want a really pimping collection you should add Tony Hawk Ride and Shred...you need to have both of them to be awesome.
    Don't forget Megamind

Sig by Smashguy

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Don't forget Megamind
    Well that goes without saying

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

My Own Worst Enemy

Damn Dragon, that is one huge list of 100%'ers. That would be impossible for someone like me at this point.

As for Bloodysunday, I personally play games I think will be good/fun.
    If they are I complete them, if I get bored I move on and maybe come back to them later. It all depends on the person looking at your list. I think its pretty damn good.
    For someone like Dragon who completes every game he plays. He may see it lacking.
    Main thing is to have fun with it.(don't worry about impressing anyone just enjoy it.)

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Don't worry about how great your plat collection is compared to anyone else's, mate - like mayus said, play what you enjoy playing. There's little to no point in slogging through a game you don't like simply because it's regarded as an impressive feat to platinum it, when instead you could spend that time playing something you do enjoy.

As for older games - unless the servers have been shut down, then you still have a chance of earning the online trophies. Just find someone who also needs them, or who already has them but is willing to help you, and get them done ASAP. As long as the trophies in question aren't the '10,000 kills' or 'reach maximum MP rank' trophies, then you shouldn't have any real issues.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    Damn Dragon, that is one huge list of 100%'ers. That would be impossible for someone like me at this point.

As for Bloodysunday, I personally play games I think will be good/fun.
    If they are I complete them, if I get bored I move on and maybe come back to them later. It all depends on the person looking at your list. I think its pretty damn good.
    For someone like Dragon who completes every game he plays. He may see it lacking.
    Main thing is to have fun with it.
    Thanks mate

@BloodySunday your collection is great, you just need to go back to to your old games and finish them when you get a chance

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I do play games I like to play. I just like a challenge... And I like playing a wide variety of games. I'm looking for some suggestions for games that you liked or games that you were proud to complete without being a total grind.

Dragon... Crazy collection man. Very impressive!

Rangers F.C

I really like the idea of 100% record but am in way too deep now , I have played like 83 games and only 22 platinum's and not all are 100% , plus a got many games where I have like 1% on cause there shit , now I just play the game and If I like it think about plat after 1st run

PRO Member

I think Dark Souls would be a game for you to enjoy. It's wery hard at first, but man it will give you some sweet times. I am waiting for demon souls to pop up in my mail! Hoping this game is judt as good.

100% Grizzly

What most of all makes a good platinum is that you like the game and enjoy it. I'll never have something like Hanna Montana because I don't care for the game. Pick games that you think you'd like or games from series or genres that you enjoy.

Saints Row IV

Pick games you like to play
    Also, try Demons Souls which is Super Hard but an AWESOME game.
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    I think Dark Souls would be a game for you to enjoy. It's wery hard at first, but man it will give you some sweet times. I am waiting for demon souls to pop up in my mail! Hoping this game is judt as good.
    Dude Demon Souls in my opinion is better than Dark Souls in every way.

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by BUDRACIN View Post
    Dude Demon Souls in my opinion is better than Dark Souls in every way.
    I heard DeS is harder and better
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Sinner and Saint

I think it's a high completion/or plat percentage myself. I'm always more impressed with someone's collection when there aren't many games they have left unplatted. Quality of the games are another thing. I think a collection with 20 moderate to hard plats is more impressive than 50 gimmes.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ok... So Dark Souls and Demon Souls huh? I actually was going to look into those because I saw them on an Yahoo's article of the 10 hardest games of all time list. In there it also said that it was a lot of fun and rewarding. Among the list were also Battletoads and Ghosts N Goblins.... Which yeah.... Those were crazy hard! I remember beating TMNT long ago and it was like the crowning achievement of my life.

They don't make games like that anymore.... Probably with good reason. That was back when NES made good games. I can't stand anything they make anymore.
    Oregon Trail also made the list. Lol. Most of you are probably too young....

Anyways... Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. Those should keep me occupied till Fall of Cybertron comes out!

Buy my book, Alteration

I just play games I like/want to, never really cared for a 100% collection.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Banned

If you don't have Trash Panic on there then your list isn't worth talking about! ...

Haha.. just kidding... that game is probably the hardest 100% I have... it sticks out for me because the pain & suffering I had to endure to finish it.

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by BloodySunday16 View Post
    I do play games I like to play. I just like a challenge... And I like playing a wide variety of games. I'm looking for some suggestions for games that you liked or games that you were proud to complete without being a total grind.

Dragon... Crazy collection man. Very impressive!
    WipEout HD. Everyone respects it, its an interesting challenge, but it shouldn't take more than 50-75 hours depending on skill. That is probably my proudest plat, and also my most fun one. There isn't really any grinding involved, just make sure you stick with one team for the 100,000 loyalty points so you don't have to grind that, even though I ended up with about 250k points across all the ships by the time I was done.

Also, you mentioned GT5 which I'm also working on. That's a great one, but as I get to the final third of that platinum now, I can see there will be a hell of a grind for both lvl 40 trophies and the max career b-spec driver. Other than that, though, it will probably be my new crown jewel.

That's it for my specific suggestions.

The way I try to manage my plat collection is by:
    1) Quality games. I have a lot of great big name first party games in my collection, and 0 "filler" plats.
    2) Throw a few challenge plats in. Things like WipEout HD, GT5 or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, things people will see and be like "Whoa, you got that?"
    3) 100% everything immediately. I try not to move on from a game until it is 100% complete. That doesn't always work out, but I try my best. My current completion %age is 83%, so I'm hoping to get it to 85-86% by the end of the summer, and then 90% during first semester of school.

Anyway, that's the guidelines I've set for my plat collection. I follow those rules and let it grow organically.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast