Having a problem with one of my games

This is a discussion on Having a problem with one of my games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Here's the deal: My wife and I were tryin to play Borderlands tonight. We started the game and as soon ...

Gaming since 1985!

Having a problem with one of my games

Here's the deal:
    My wife and I were tryin to play Borderlands tonight. We started the game and as soon as it got to the main screen, it would skip, turing black every 2 seconds. I tryed switching to her account and it did the same thing. Then I went to our bedroom with our backup PS3 and it played just fine. I tried deletine the game save file and that did nothing. I've even put in other games to make sure it wasn'y my PS3 but all other games work. Any ideas? I don't wanna delete everything before knowing what's goin on. My gut says corrupted file but I have no idea what that consists of. Would it do that to my wife's account too?

PRO Member

Had it happen to me while I was going for plat on the game.Mine was the downloadable version I just deleted game from PS3 and re-downloaded worked fine ever since.

No need to delete your gamesaves. I can't remember if I deleted game data or not.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Rangers F.C

Don't know if this is related but a been finding of late that a few of my games wont start if I update them for example Uncharted 2 will not go by the first train wreck scene , but if I skip the update it works fine , its not the disk cause I took it back and they swapped it for me , plus got Mercenaries 2 world in flames If I update it will crash on start up screen and if I uninstall the data the game works perfect , had this with some other games but can't mind which .