Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Grand Theft Auto III Coming to PSN Next Week

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto III Coming to PSN Next Week within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I think its not that bad this not being in HD with trophies because I don't think it will look ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think its not that bad this not being in HD with trophies because I don't think it will look very good in HD because GTA III has aged a lot now.

But what I am pissed off about is why the hell does North America get it on Tuesday with no announce on Europe date. We almost always get short end. I mean the game was developed in UK in first place

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Imagine GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas as one collection.

And Liberty City Stories, and Vice City Stories as the other.

That would just be the highest level of awesomeness.I loved playing these games back in the day and to see a collection of some kind on Ps3 would be super .San Andreas was great,i loved it.But no trophy support then i wont go out of my way.See,look at what trophies has done to me

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Kid, not loser

This is a big mistake. Sure they will make some money off this, but releasing it as an HD collection would bring in sooooo much more. Also if they do have plans to do an HD collection, people who aren't trophy hunters would say I could just buy this instead for cheaper, and even then they won't. Big mistake Rockstar, imo.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Plats-O'-War!!

For all that, I can go out and buy GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas for my PS2 which will be cheaper than buying this on the PSN :stare:

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Why they don't release it in HD with San Andreas and trophy support is beyond me =/

My Own Worst Enemy

Love this game, it started my love of the series. The cheat codes made the game for me back then.
    But now it's all about the game play and trophies. Since this game has regular graphics and no trophies.
    I will have to pass.
    Last edited by Self_Saboteur-; 07-28-2012 at 02:03 AM.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

PRO Member

Well at least new ps2 remake collections are still coming out all the time. At least there's hope for one in the future.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hell yeah i always thought a gta 3 vice city and san andreas would be an awesome collection that would be one collection i finish in real fast i whooped the hell out of those 3 games especially vice city

Closing this account

I wonder will it be free

Kiwi Defender

Die, RockStar! I wanted to blast my way through Vice City while headbanging to V-Rock and earning trophies on HD, but you wouldn't let me have that, would you ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Girl Gamer

Well I'm not getting it since I already have it for the PS2. Why couldn't they release it as a HD Collection with trophies?! I so wanted to play Vice City, listen to awesome 80's music, and earn trophies.

Rangers F.C

It would have to be in 0-5 pounds region to even think about getting it without trophy support , which means defo not interested for me cause it will be more like 14.99

An old-fashioned cowboy

They're probably won't ever be an HD Collection for these games for two reasons: music licensing fees and the fact that graphics for these games have not aged well. The amount of money and time that would be needed to put these games in a collection is way more than Rockstar would be willing to spend on them.

Lvl 5 - Silver

i once got a ps2 classic on the ps3 ( think it was some need for speed title ) and it was horrible. in my opinion it played better as the original version on a ps2. i'm afraid it goes for the same here.

KCCO!

I saw the title of the thread and was like

But then I clicked on the thread and was like

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Sod HD re- releases, just give us GTA V, Manhunt 3 and Bully 2, a much better use of time and money!

Seriously, great games, San Andreas is one of the best but come on, it's not gonna pretty up much in High Definition.

Lvl 9 - Gold

The release has been delayed:

This week’s PlayStation Store update came and went in North America with no sign of Grand Theft Auto III, Sony has now revealed that the game has been delayed due to music licensing issues.

A European release date was set for today, but presumably that won’t be happening. “Due to an unforeseen complication, the Grand Theft Auto III PS2 Classic is not publishing with today’s Store post,” PlayStation Store director Grace Chen wrote on the US PlayStation blog. “We will update you when a new release date has been identified. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
    “There were some last minute issues with getting clearance for a certain audio track in the game,” PlayStation blog staffer Morgan Haro added. “But the teams at Rockstar are on it to review how to best get this title on PSN.”
    The game will cost $9.99 when it eventually launches and is a straight up port with no HD visuals or trophy support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12