Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What genre do you wish could come back?

This is a discussion on What genre do you wish could come back? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; We are in an age of First Person Shooters, or just shooters in general, what genre do you think that ...

Retired

What genre do you wish could come back?

We are in an age of First Person Shooters, or just shooters in general, what genre do you think that is very rare now-a-days and want to make a come back?

For me, obviously it would be 3D Platformers (with non-human characters) like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Yes, there are new games coming out for Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank, but what I mean is I wish there were new 3D Platformer IPs, with new characters, setting and all.

You?

Rangers F.C

I would love to see them bring back the old style Resident Evil games , with the old camera system the lot except with the 1080p graphics , would even settle for a PSN release but with all of the above , hate what they done to Resident Evil ( even though I enjoyed 5 ) they pretty much turned it into a FPS and they got rid of the ZOMBIES

Will Love you for Food

Survival Horror. Even two games recently that have come out (Silent Hill Downpour and Resident Evil Op. Raccoon City) that are of the survival horror category have become more action based and shooter type. I don't want to say the same for Dead Space 3, but you can see co-op and there will be more shooting, since enemy AI can shoot sometimes. Wish it would come back full throttle.

Noob Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I would love to see them bring back the old style Resident Evil games , with the old camera system the lot except with the 1080p graphics , would even settle for a PSN release but with all of the above , hate what they done to Resident Evil ( even though I enjoyed 5 ) they pretty much turned it into a FPS and they got rid of the ZOMBIES
    I thought I was the only one who misses the "RC car" type of controls

I also missed turn based RPG games, but when I replayed my old FFVIII on my PS1 (I tested it and it still works ), I feel bored eventually...

Retired

Also, I wish vehicular combat games like Twisted Metal, or Rogue Trip would come back. With good online servers.

Resident Deadhead

we need more shoot em ups. NOT fps, but good old skool SHUMPS.

Phelios, R type, M.U.S.H.A., i miss you all so so much. especially you Phelios.

last good SHUMP was Ikaruga for the Gamecube, and i hold out hope that trasure will make Ikaruga 2
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

My Own Worst Enemy

I would like to see a Re-boot of the Deus Ex series.
    I played Deus Ex :HR and it was great. But it still wasn't the originals.
    The RPG's today still don't capture the feel of the original Deus Ex game imo.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Change is mediocre

Bring back genres? I want more new IPs before I could worry about those. The PS2 era was the shit

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    I would like to see a Re-boot of the Deus Ex series.
    I played Deus Ex :HR and it was great. But it still wasn't the originals.
    The RPG's today still don't capture the feel of the original Deus Ex game imo.
    A really really liked what they done with Deus Ex HR , couldn't say for sure which one was best cause its been a long time since a last played the old one but I do remember that I loved it , but happy and would welcome another HR

The One and Only

More racing games that were like Mindight Club 2 or Midnight Club 3 would be nice (and Need for Speed is not like it). How often do you have open-city racing games where you can go to any in-game city and actually create a race in any path you want? Or games with minor perks like slipstream nitrous (nitrous that you get after drafting behind a racer), or two wheel driving? Online play doesn't even matter, I want single-player content that lasts!

You guys know exactly what game I want made and released in the future, I've said it in different threads at least ten times, yet there's no such word for a new MC game the past couple years.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by kianstrike View Post
    I thought I was the only one who misses the "RC car" type of controls
    No not at all , a remember playing the new releases on the game cube , Resident Evil and Zero , ok Zero wasn't the best but it proved the recipe still worked with a graphics up-date , think what they could do with the Resident Evil on PS3 with the old recipe I think it would be a massive hit , I would buy it in the blink of an eye , plus it would be easy enough to make

Good News, Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Also, I wish vehicular combat games like Twisted Metal, or Rogue Trip would come back. With good online servers.
    Jak X combat racing as a PS2 classic + online servers would be cool.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Jak X combat racing as a PS2 classic + online servers would be cool.

My friend and I drained hours into that game. So much fun playing with someone else.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post

My friend and I drained hours into that game. So much fun playing with someone else.
    Yeah.
    Back then I used to enjoy every game.

Synthwave <3

I can't really say because the games I enjoyed as a child are still around on the Nintendo and PS3 (Super Mario Bros. and Sonic). I wish Mario was available on the PS3. That'd be !

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Turn based RPG's and platformers

PRO Member

I wish McDonalds would bring back fried chicken...oh wait, you meant games

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post

last good SHUMP was Ikaruga for the Gamecube, and i hold out hope that trasure will make Ikaruga 2
    What Jenkem said, more shmups. Games like R-Type, Thunderforce, Raiden, Gyrus, Time Pilot ect were some of my favorite games in my younger years.

The only recently released shmup I've played that's a step in the right direction is Sine Mora on XBLA.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 10 - Platinum

We are in an age of First Person Shooters, or just shooters in general, what genre do you think that is very rare now-a-days and want to make a come back?

For me, obviously it would be 3D Platformers (with non-human characters) like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Yes, there are new games coming out for Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank, but what I mean is I wish there were new 3D Platformer IPs, with new characters, setting and all. You?

I would love it if they did a Ty the Tasmanian Tiger HD Collection and even a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post

It would be sweet for even Ikaruga came to the PSN and there are a lot of other arcade SHMUPS that would be nice to come to the NA PSN store including RayStorm HD and yes I know that you can DL RS HD from the Japan store.

I would like to see more action RPGs like Secret of Mana and Zelda Link from to the Past.

Lvl 8 - Gold

For me, obviously it would be 3D Platformers (with non-human characters) like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Yes, there are new games coming out for Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank, but what I mean is I wish there were new 3D Platformer IPs, with new characters, setting and all.

You?
    I find the "Run away horror games" arnt made anymore. These are the games you avoid the enemy, and hide if they are close. There was no way to combat the enemies other than timed events, which just got you to avoid getting captured.

I am sure some of you remember clock tower (there were other titles, but i dont remember their names)

Galaxy beauty pirate

Turnbased RPG's
    Dancing games
    Games where you have to train and fight with your monster (not necesserily Pokemon)
    Puzzle Bobble
    Sig by Ramon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast