Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is it just me?

This is a discussion on Is it just me? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I am posting this in the General ps3 discussion section but I guess it could be about any game. I ...

PRO Member

Is it just me?

I am posting this in the General ps3 discussion section but I guess it could be about any game.

I don't think anything like this has been posted before but I'd like to see if others are like me when it comes to gaming.

It seems to me sometimes that what is suppose to be easy parts of games I seem to struggle. Games that are considered easy to most it seems that i struggle.

Examples. Crysis. Last boss took me much longer then it should of.
    There is other games I struggled in more then most and will give details if this conversation goes any were

On the flip side some games I have heard that are hard I ended up not having to much trouble.

Examples.

Batman AA. I heard so much about the combat challenges and honestly other then Shock and Awe Extreme I didn't spend to much time on them.

Mass Effect 2. Heard so many struggle with Insanity. Except a few parts didn't find it to difficult.

To open up the conversation. What game have you struggled witht hat wasn't suppose to be to hard?

What game did you find easier that was suppose to be hard?

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i have the same thing about the gow challenges and aa combat challenges, i find them impossible but most people say theyre not that hard, i suppose i dont have the aptitude to do combos and such since im more of a button masher at heart

Will Love you for Food

Well after completing the Batman AA challenges (which were challenging to me), the Batman AC challenges were cake, and I did hear that people had a tough time completing them. Sly Cooper 3 was pretty easy to everyone, and it was easy, but those mission challenges kinda stumped me a little more than I think others did.

Change is mediocre

Yeah I understand that, though the games you listed I found hard

Crysis I don't think ever was considered an easy platinum, or maybe I am mistaken.

I felt that people are exaggerating on Portal 2, most people say it's an easy platinum when I don't believe it is. Sure the singleplayer trophies can all be obtained easily in the first playthrough, but the co-op ones are a pain.

The GoW challenges in #1 were easy to me, as well as #3. Also, aMAZEd in GoW 3 where you have to beat the one part without getting hit I did on my second try.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i have the same thing about the gow challenges and aa combat challenges, i find them impossible but most people say theyre not that hard, i suppose i dont have the aptitude to do combos and such since im more of a button masher at heart
    I can agree with the GOW challenges. It always seems like it's one or two per game I get hung up on. Just recently in Ghost of Sparta. The one were you have to beat without taking any damage took me over an hour to finally beat. All the other took me less then an Hour combined.

Platinum Procrastinator

Man versus Wild comes to mind for me. The entire game is a joke except for the very last section that requires you to jump from your horse onto a moving train. Every time you fail to do it, you lose a little health. One of the trophy requires you to complete the game without dying I believe, and because I couldn't make the jump, after attempting it dozens of times, I ended up dying so I had to do another full playthrough just to go for that trophy. The platinum trophy can be done in around 6-8 hours, however, I think I must have spent around 3 hours alone trying to make that stupid jump and going for the trophy that requires you beating the game without dying, made me play through the game four or five separate times.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Gotham's Reckoning

For me usually it's the exact opposite. Most games which are considered to be hard were easy for me like for example the Splinter Cell's, Heavy Rain and Arkham City. But there are a few I heard were easy but much harder like Dead Space on Impossible difficulty, Bayonetta, GOW (just the final challenge, everything else was piss easy).

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Yeah I understand that, though the games you listed I found hard

Crysis I don't think ever was considered an easy platinum, or maybe I am mistaken.

I felt that people are exaggerating on Portal 2, most people say it's an easy platinum when I don't believe it is. Sure the singleplayer trophies can all be obtained easily in the first playthrough, but the co-op ones are a pain.

The GoW challenges in #1 were easy to me, as well as #3. Also, aMAZEd in GoW 3 where you have to beat the one part without getting hit I did on my second try.
    A few people I had talked to had said Crysis was a an easy plat. For the most part it wasn't hard. I just found the last boss very hard.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well, Most people find Dead Nation plat difficult, and sincerely, not even the hardest difficult was that hard for me, I beat it in Morbid Difficulty alone
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm finding Borderlands and Rage difficult and I also play the Fallout games on the very easy modes. I really struggle with Shooting games but I am really good at RPGs such as Final Fantasy and the Elder Scrolls.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 9 - Gold

You're not the only one!
    I heard and read people complaining about some parts of games or trophies and then after playing those parts I felt they were pretty easy.
    Examples, the aMAZEd trophy for GoWIII or getting 100% synch on "Hell on Wheels" on AC: Brotherhood. Or some MW3 campaign trophies.

But at the same time, I seem to have the most trouble with simple missions/trophies in some games...like Acing levels in LBP or finding treasures in RPGs.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Up the Irons!

Considered easy, but hard for me: God of War challenges (series)

Considered hard, but easy for me: Killzone 2 Elite/platinum (definitely not as hard as people make it to be; I struggled a bit on the last level, which is the one everyone struggles on, but I beat it in an hour; by the way, this is coming from someone who rarely plays a game on normal, let alone it's hardest difficulty)

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by APriceless View Post
    Considered easy, but hard for me: God of War challenges (series)

Considered hard, but easy for me: Killzone 2 Elite/platinum (definitely not as hard as people make it to be; I struggled a bit on the last level, which is the one everyone struggles on, but I beat it in an hour; by the way, this is coming from someone who rarely plays a game on normal, let alone it's hardest difficulty)
    Took you only an hour in the last level of KZ2. Took me 2 and halff nights to beat it.

Another one for me is al ot of people say MW 2 campaighn on veteran is easy. I found it difficult as I struggled through most of it.

Sinner and Saint

I have heard a lot of people say Final Fantasy 13 is easy but I found it to be quite difficult at a number of different parts.

But as for "hard" games I found easy, I'd have to say Vanquish. All I'd heard was how impossible it was. The only real tough part was round five of challenge six but it still only took me a couple of hours, wasn't too bad. Nowhere near impossible.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Saints Row IV

Crysis 2 is considendered easy, but, still i found the campaign hard (I wasnt a pussy that always used stealth)

Sonic Unleashed. They call it one of the hardest platinum ever and game at some parts.I BREEZED TROUGH IT!! With a broken controller lol
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Retired

A lot of people say Dead Nation is easy, I find it hard as poop.

Death is Awaiting....

I struggled on Terminator Salvation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 5 - Silver

Many people find NYMHC to be hard but it's pretty easy the reason why I would struggle was because the stupid game would glitch or freeze on me, believe me that shit is annoying. Also after beating World at War on veteran I find every FPS easy when playing on hardest level like MW2Q

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    Took you only an hour in the last level of KZ2. Took me 2 and halff nights to beat it.
    I had watched some videos about tips on that level prior to playing it since I heard everyone say it was hard, so I already knew what to do. The second wave was definitely the one that took me multiple tries until I remembered I needed to throw a grenade when they start coming. After that, I got it in my first attempt. The rest of the waves took me at the most two tries because I took my time and didn't just become impatient and run towards them.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by APriceless View Post
    I had watched some videos about tips on that level prior to playing it since I heard everyone say it was hard, so I already knew what to do. The second wave was definitely the one that took me multiple tries until I remembered I needed to throw a grenade when they start coming. After that, I got it in my first attempt. The rest of the waves took me at the most two tries because I took my time and didn't just become impatient and run towards them.
    I watched videos also. Just seem liked one would always ge through on the second wave to get me. Radec himself didn't take to long to beat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast