Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Biggest Sony Flop/Dissapointment

This is a discussion on Biggest Sony Flop/Dissapointment within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; If we're talking about n general, I'd say the Final Fantasy games of late. Online and XII/XIII, just in my ...

Harvester of Souls

If we're talking about n general, I'd say the Final Fantasy games of late. Online and XII/XIII, just in my opinion of time and game that was produced. Otherwise, ... I'd have to think about it for a bit. Prolly agree with Home though, but I never really got exactly about it.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

the playstation vita,bought it thinking i was going to love it,barely touch the damn thing.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

For me was Mafia II. Thought it was horrible!

Kid, not loser

Haze. As I enjoyed it at first(telling the truth here) then it went so far down hill.

From Sony, I say probably SOCOM 4, even though I did like it. I love all Sony games usually. The crappy ones I haven't played really.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Haze. As I enjoyed it at first(telling the truth here) then it went so far down hill.

From Sony, I say probably SOCOM 4, even though I did like it. I love all Sony games usually. The crappy ones I haven't played really.
    WoW I totally agree specially going back to Zipper taking a turn out to be like gears of war Im a HUGE SOCOM fan from the start of the franchise and this is was a true bummer…. SOCOM LEGACY!!!! HOPEFUL

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think Haze, it was so hyped up and looked so good in retrospect but it crashed SO hard. Was super excited about that game to

F**K AUTHORITY

Fracture and Brink
    Arguing online is like masturbating at McDonalds sure it's fun but do you really wanna be known as that guy

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

playstation home even after the remodeling, nothing but guys playing date service looking for underage gaming girls haha
    uncharted 3 for its ending and major buggy MP (but i still play it lol )
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Gotham's Reckoning

Haze was just complete crap from start to finish.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 9 - Gold

Playstation Home...when I got my PS3 I was really excited about it and logged on and got bored after 30 minutes, half of which were loading times. I see no point of going back there...minigames? Why, I have a PS3 already. I can't even have cool clothes without spending real money...and the people I met at that moment were just not really friendly. Plus, it takes a lot of time typing without the keyboard thingy.
    If I wanted to make friends online I'd go to forums or stuff like Gaia Online (which I've had back in the day, oh lawd).

If not Sony exclusives, then Mass Effect 2.
    I loved the game (currently working through my Insanity playthrough for the Plat) and the animations and relationship with your crewmates is pretty amazing, but I felt it was a step down from the first game. I mean, you have like 3 weapons for each class, can't even see their statuses, the different armor pieces were pretty lame, the cooldown for the powers was SHARED, which sucks if you play a biotic or tech-oriented class.
    The AI wasn't any better and you had bullets now. Despite the reasonable explanation for it I still liked the cooldown system better, it was unique and when you got Overloaded it was pretty scary. You didn't have the vehicle, which was fine, but planet exploration was pretty neat in my opinion. The story was crap, it's like between Mass Effect 1 and 3 it didn't advance at all. And ME3's ending....well, that's another story.

Mass Effect 2 is an amazing game, but compared to the first one I think the devs wanted to appeal more to FPS shooter gamers than actual RPG gamers. Which makes me sad. Not to mention what they did with Dragon Age 2 as well.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 6 - Silver

tom clancy's end war, why even release it when you know it's a unpalatable game

and my other is NBA 2K10 why got so lazy devs/people who made trophy who don't have the decency to put patch in to allow people to get the glitched which has stopped people from getting a plat for it

Also PS home good idea but failed, to slow loading and get's way to boring especially after 10mins for me

Lvl 6 - Silver

Brink/ Haze = way overrated i my view

Rangers F.C

Not even played this game because of the bad reports I have had on it the game is Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City was looking forward to it for age's because the game trailer made it look awesome , no joy though

Lvl 6 - Silver

the thread was for Sony blunders... bitching about other dev's games is pointless... my only complaint with Sony is taking the Emotion Engine out of PS3's

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I'm surprised that the PlayStation Move hasn't been mentioned yet. I see a lot of Home, but I really don't think that the PlayStation's target audience and Home's target audience ever coincided, I think that Home is about a generation too soon, and will probably become something that applies more of the "app" marketplace, and allows more a social media type experience as it works out it's kinks. The thing that doesn't bother me about Home and the dozen or so times I logged onto it, is that it didn't cost me nothing - so to be disappointed in something that is free is ridiculous.

The Move just didn't really take off, and definitely since it's inception hasn't been properly supported by developers or Sony themselves to make it anything special. I still find the price point for the accessory to not exactly meet up with the amount of mileage that I would get out of it (and this is from a person who owns two sets of Samba de Amigo maracas, and enough DDR dance pads that I could start an arcade). If I really want to get my motion gaming on with a wand - I have a Wii, and comparably the amount of support that Microsoft has put into the Kinect and it's consistency in not giving up on the unit, leaves the PlayStation Move as the red-headed stepchild of motion gaming. It didn't help that it came out at about the same time as Kinect and is a lot less cool to an uninformed casual consumer in comparison.

This generation Sony's biggest screw-up was definitely the time, resources, and the fairly quick retreat of support for the Move. Not enough J.K. Rowling and a magic book can "move" me, and I love Harry Potter.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 5 - Silver

I'm only disappointed bij the fact my ps3 ( like many ) doen't play ps2 titles. Other than that i have no complaining.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Haze, no one game has crushed my fond love of a company quicker than Haze did.

It started so well, the info was exciting, the potential was exciting, the opening moments of the game were.... okay, never mind it will warm up now, right?
    Erm, no, slowly but surely it slipped from competent shooter with nice ideas to horrid mess of ideas stuck to a broken engine, i suddenly doubted Timesplitters 2 had been any good, my faith was shattered that much.

Second would be Resistance 2, take the most unique aspects of your franchise and swap them out with the same generico settings you could find in most modern shooters? Yeah, good luck with that.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Skyrim with even more bugs than on other platforms but i platted it anyways.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Vita & Move - Why Sony ever thought these would be good ideas and money makers is beyond me !!!!!!!!

Not Sony but im chucking Res Evil 5 in here as i like to detest this game at every opportunity i get.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Not even played this game because of the bad reports I have had on it the game is Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City was looking forward to it for age's because the game trailer made it look awesome , no joy though
    Dude, Resident Evil: ORC was awesome, and the online was the most fun I ever had playing anything online. It actually had strategy and balance.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast