Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your Current Gen. "WOW" Moments of Gaming.

This is a discussion on Your Current Gen. "WOW" Moments of Gaming. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; FF XIII - I had been playing through the game on SD, and then around when I got to the ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

FF XIII - I had been playing through the game on SD, and then around when I got to the Archytle Steppe, I got an HD tv. This was the first game I played in HD and I was amazed at how fantastic the game looked!

GTA IV - I'd played other GTA games, but hadn't really gotten into them beyond using cheats and running around like a madman. This game, with the great characters and city, finally got me properly engrossed in a GTA story. Specifically, the time around killing Vlad, and then Roman's flat being burned down, although early in the game, really impressed me personally.
    Sig and Avatar made by ABSTRACT678

Lvl 6 - Silver

Uncharted 2 - The whole game was spectacular. The graphics were the best thing I had ever seen in a game, and the gameplay tweaks from the original were nothing short of incredible. This game pissed on Uncharted 3 in all aspects, despite what the critics say...
    The story was amazing, and is still to this day the best sequel I have ever played *slightly beating..*

...Batman Arkham City - The first game was incredible, and I loved the tone and game play of the game, but the free roam aspects and the improved combat and side missions made this game one of my favourite games ever. I loved the enemy list in this, and the real wow moment for me was solving the side missions and riddler stuff. I am Batman.

God of War
    - Climbing up Gaia was awe inspiring, and also fighting Chronos. Amazing.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 -
    Team missions, Ultimate Ninja 01-05. Not a good wow, but a 'wow... fuck' none the less.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    RDR - Rockstar clearly outdid themselves with this game. This game is simply jawdropping from the stunning graphics to the excellent gameplay. Just riding my horse through the plains was simply unforgettable.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    God of War 3's intro sequence impressed the shit out of me when it came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Uncharted 3 - The whole cruise ship chapter was mind blowing. The details of loose items rolling around on the ship in the stormy sea and the waves crashing over the sides of the ship. The way the cruise ship turns into a labyrinth after it rolls on to the side and starts flooding. The huge glass roof holding back the seawater while Drake traverses down a giant chandelier...epic. Also the cargo plane over the desert and the London chapters were awesome moments as well.

Bioshock - First encounter with a big daddy.... need i say more?

I agree with all of those. I distinctly remember the first time going down the elevator in Bioshock and then BOOM there was Rapture. I was just blown away by how great it was.

Another for me is Dead Space 2. The two parts in particular were the intro and the space jump. I think at both of those parts about 30 "oh fucks" may have slipped but I loved every second of it.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Modern Warfare 1: I basically bought this game since it was on sale with Assassins Creed, and honestly turned out to be one of the funnest games I've played on the PS3. Spent hours on that game, the graphics were remarkable and most importantly I had a ton of fun playing it.

Uncharted 2: Was absolutely mind blown. I just couldn't put that game down, from it's visuals to its gameplay and to top it all off its story. I've always been a huge fan story driven games and to this day it's probably one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Mass Effect 2: My best friend always bugged me about not having the Mass Effect series on the PS3 and I always told him it was the one series I was jealous on since the concept seemed awesome. Finally when they announced Mass Effect 2 for the PS3, I jumped all over it. Absolutely loved every minute of it. Like Uncharted, it's amazing visuals, gameplay and story is what made me really go WOW.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Red Dead Redemption - where do I start? The plot, the gameplay mechanics, the astounding graphics.... oh, and that ending. Truly a masterpiece.

Uncharted 2 & 3 - superb graphics, utterly epic set pieces (the train sequence, the Tibetan village, the cargo plane, the cruise ship), extremely likeable characters, great chemistry between Drake and Elena - these games have it all.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - pretty much EVERYTHING. The highlight for me has to be Snake's return to Shadow Moses Island - this was nothing short of perfection. Definitely has to be the most nostalgic experience on PS3. I'm still in love with this game even after 4 years.

Assassin's Creed - the first game may get a lot of stick, but come on; the first time you scaled a tower, synchronized your viewpoint, then leapt off it into a bale of hay? The first time you stood on a roof and looked out over an entire city, knowing that you could literally go anywhere? Those were amazing moments for me, and they had to have been for you too.

Indie Game Developer

I will never forget my first 'WOW' moment with this gen. It actually might have been my first 'wow' moment ever, because last gen didn't really have anything that jaw dropping. Anyhow, I knew the next gen had arrived when I was playing Uncharted 1 for the first time, and I had climbed up the cliff over the U-boat, and you get to the top and look out over the jungle, through the waterfall and see the sun rising. It was just so beautiful, I had never seen anything like it in a video game before. The real kicker is that it wasn't even on an HDTV.

Other than that, I think the only other moments were starting up GT5 for the first time, noticing the really nice details in Uncharted 2 and then 3, and starting Journey for the first time.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The biggest "WOW" moment for me was the first time I played Heavenly Sword back in '07. There were some decent games in the first year but not like this. Graphics, gameplay, story, just everything was what I've been expecting from my new PS3 since launch. I was literally blown away using the SixAxis to control the cannon, completely amazed....WOW!!

Bob 'n' Becca

God of war iii.

The graphics are amazing and allow the viewer to truly see the extent that kratos hatred goes. The conclusion of his fight with Poseidon was one brutal moment. How he defeated Hermes was another. The game is just epic and beautiful.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

Heavy Rain in its entirety, yet the one ending where...

Toggle Spoiler

<signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Bob 'n' Becca

Playing God of War III (yeah, still), and I'm fighting Cronos and an undead Cyclops rips out of is stomach. Ok, there's nothing wrong with that. Well, Kratos does his thing to the cyclops, and Cronos ends up knocking us both off the level and then there's a context-sensitive button situation with Kratos needlessly assaulting the Cyclops which is trying to keeping from plummetting to its death. I mean, really? After Kratos finishes his assault on the cyclops he continues fighting with Cronos. My reason for posting is why the hell is Kratos so needlessly violent? Lol.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Angel of Death

Uncharted 2. The way the game was presented was just beautiful. I wonder if it was a movie, what it would be like.

Assassin's Creed II. I would never have thought of going back in time into an open world in a video game. The game was fantastic, and is one of my favorite games of all time.

LA Noire. Like Assassin's Creed II, but so much more enjoyable for me. To date, my favorite 7th generation game. Red Dead is also amazing, but this takes the cake.

Final Fantasy XIII. The wait was worth it. The story could have been better, but the graphics were amazing, the extras were extensive, and it is one of the best in the series. The gameplay was also really cool- makes you think, and makes you use different strategies.

Heavy Rain. Such a sad cinematic. Very enjoyable to the end, and having to lose characters to get all the endings is very nerve racking.

All out of bubblegum.....

My first splatterkill on Splatterhouse was wow... first over the top brutal game, with so much detail.

Most recent is my final breakdown and playing of FF XIII... I literally punched myself in the face for being so stubborn and not getting it sooner. Watching the cut scenes, and some of the different areas on my HD tv... just wow.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Ice Cream Firefighter

I actually don't have a WOW moment in this gen of games, don't get me wrong today's games are great & I love how they are improving but they just don't bring that WOW factor like the games back in the day of the SNES in Lufia the first time I finished it I cried when Maxim & Selan Died (I was like 11 or 12 sad hey) & the PS1 - FF7 made me look at gaming on a whole new level, FF8 was jawdropping when the school was involved in a huge air battle that FMV was & Resident Evil 2 almost made me shit myself the 1st time I seen a licker those are my top WOW moments in games there are others but I could be here all day but today's games feel rushed as they just want to pump em out fast to take our $$$ that's my honest opinion

put simply yesterday's great moments came once in a blue moon & that's why the WOW was there but today's games almost every game developer tries this tactic now so the WOW moments just aren't as special + rushed story lines don't make things any better either

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 4 - Silver

Resistance 2: - Probably my biggest WOW moment ever, coming out of the bunker to see the red sky of San Francisco, with hundreds of Chimera ships. This moment took my breath away.
    - Facing the Leviathan. Seiing something that huge in battle was incredible.
    - The ending. Joint favourite ending with...

Red Dead Redemption: - Just riding around when suddenly over the horizon the sun starts to rise out throught the clouds, looked so damn beautiful.
    - The ending, it literally made me feel as if there was a gigantic hole in my stomach.

Uncharted 3: - The entire boat scene blew me away, especially the bit when the boat is on it's side and you are dangling from the chandelier.
    - The plane blowing up was incredible too.

Bioshock 2: - When I was underwater and suddenly you got to see Rapture. This one beats Bioshock's view as not only are you outside, but in Bioshock the music that plays during the reveal is terrible, whereas in 2 it really gave the scene an epic feeling.

Those are the main WOW moments and I do have a few minor ones e.g the destruction of the Eiffel Tower in MW3, but I wont say all of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Red Dead Redemption: The Ending, of course.

Journey: The sand-surfing area, and the finale. My jaw dropped.

Uncharted Drake's Fortune: In the beginning when you climb on top of the submarine. That vista blew me away.

Final Fantasy XIII: When you emerge from the canyons and walk out onto the Archylte Steppe for the first time.

Honourable mention to Borderlands: Dat loot...

Local Drunk

The only ones I can think of at the moment are:

Uncharted 2: The opening scene.

Uncharted 3 - The cargo plane crash/explosion and the ship scene.

Heavy Rain - Pretty much the whole game.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Game on....

Assassin's Creed (All games): Climbing the tallest buildings and getting blown away by the views.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in the chapter Ember Hunt

Toggle Spoiler

BRÜTAL Avy & Sig by dsluckay!

Iron Maiden

Skyrim - From start to finish, this game never ceased to amaze me. It is, by far, the greatest game of all time. I loved every second of that game.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Uncharted 2:The whole thing was amazing!

Metal gear solid 4:The fight between raiden and vamp after raiden kills the geckos.

Batman arkham city:This game just blew my mind.

Sig by Bladia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12