Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your Current Gen. "WOW" Moments of Gaming.

This is a discussion on Your Current Gen. "WOW" Moments of Gaming. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Any game, any platform of the current gen. from something like graphics being stunning or amazingly epic moments within a ...

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Your Current Gen. "WOW" Moments of Gaming.

Any game, any platform of the current gen. from something like graphics being stunning or amazingly epic moments within a game.

What were / are some of your jaw-dropping moments of the gen?

Dead Space - Best intro I have ever experienced, that ship pulling up to the USG Ishumira, I'll always remember the sun glazing over space followed by the first moments on the planet cracker ship, from Isaacs suit to how quickly the game picked up, the lights were off, surround sound was active & I shit my pants. OK jk, but I just can't stress enough how awesome the experience was. DS was my fisrt real "scary game as well.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots - (Intro & ACT 1) was truly epic for me, I was amazed just from crawling around with Old Snake.
    & I loved the setting, was actually upset with leaving it.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Probably the best sequel I have experienced in a long time, the original made the universe but UC2 really kicked things off making everything 10x better. (Story, Set-Pieces, Gameplay) etc. Overall entire game left me satisfied.

God of War III
    - Simply put the graphics at the time, mostly when Kratos stepped out of the River Styx & the water dripping from him is what really got me.

As much as I hate to put a FPS in here, (even with the fact that I hate the game anyways *cough* BC2-4LIFE) I was stunned for a level in Battlefield 3 - The one with the aircraft carrier & jet gameplay, that shit was legit. The stormy weather & rain dripping of the windshield, etc.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Fight the Future

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - The whole fucking game was a wow moment for me. I loved the series to death and this game was almost perfection in my eyes. I've played it countless times and it is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Gran Turismo 5 - Just driving a car for the first time. The physics had changed pretty dramatically (for the better) from Prologue and it was amazing how real it felt. Another amazing moment is racing on the Green Hell or Le Sarthe at night and watching it transition into sunrise. It looks absolutely stunning and has caused more than a few crashes from me being distracted by it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Demons Souls - Most of my "wow" moments came from this game. Boss fights, the intro movie, the musics, the gameplay this game has everything.

Metal Gear Soils 4: GotP - As usual this game continue to amaze me especially the graphics. Just supperb.

Mirrors Edge - Ok maybe this a rare mention but Mirrors Edge is one of the games that really amazed me. Although its difficulty is well known to everyone, you cant call yourself a PS3 owner until you play this game.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - A lot of wow moments, but the two that actually made me go 'wow' out loud were that ending and the microwave tunnel.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Online of course, me and a team mate riding a quad bike into the enemy M-COM station off a roof, humming the A-Team theme over our Mics, killing people, squashing one and setting the charge before getting back on and riding off again, still shooting.

Uncharted 3 - The boat level, stunning

Journey - Upon finishing it, you just have to sit back and go wow

Skyrim -
    When you discover the icy seas by the College of Winterhold it is a thing of beauty.

Probaly a few more but off the top of my head that's it for now.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Journey - Upon finishing it, you just have to sit back and go wow
    I agree with Journey. Starting off I was like "this is cool" and by the end I was like

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 10 - Platinum

havent had a wow moment in this generation i think, lots of moments from old school games but nothing floats my boat anymore, pretty much seen it all before, not a lot of originality anymore unfortunately

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post

Dead Space - Best intro I have ever experienced, that ship pulling up to the USG Ishumira, I'll always remember the sun glazing over space followed by the first moments on the planet cracker ship, from Isaacs suit to how quickly the game picked up, the lights were off, surround sound was active & I shit my pants. OK jk, but I just can't stress enough how awesome the experience was. DS was my fisrt real "scary game as well.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Probably the best sequel I have experienced in a long time, the original made the universe but UC2 really kicked things off making everything 10x better. (Story, Set-Pieces, Gameplay) etc. Overall entire game left me satisfied.

God of War III
    - Simply put the graphics at the time, mostly when Kratos stepped out of the River Styx & the water dripping from him is what really got me.

Totally agree with you about those three games and they are up there with my gaming moments.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - The very first PS3 game I played so obviously this get gets an honorable mention. The graphics are absolutey stunning. The very first level and the whole island setting just gave it such a shining feel I thought

GTA 4 -
    Driving through LC during sunrise was one of my favourite things about this game.

RDR - Rockstar clearly outdid themselves with this game. This game is simply jawdropping from the stunning graphics to the excellent gameplay. Just riding my horse through the plains was simply unforgettable.

Gran Turismo 5 - Absolutley beautiful cars driving against stunning scenery such as the Swiss Alps is just fantastic.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Rangers F.C

I have got too many to list but my most recent moment has got to be in Mass Effect 3 when you have finally got your fleet together and you make the jump into Earth space , truly epic and spine tingling moment for me AWESOME

Lvl 5 - Silver

One of my first ps3 games was motorstorm pacific rift, when you see the intro for the first time that is pretty nice.

GT5, driving yourself is amazing, but B-spec in nice scenery and especially in the dark is WOW.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The two games that made me buy my PS3...
    Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
    Motorstorm
    I had dreams about these games before I bought my PS3!

Vive La Révelation!

The biggest “WoW” moment I can remember, was when I played Fallout 3 on my old 360, first game I had every played on the new gen consoles. And when I went from vault 101 and emerged into the wasteland for times.the first time. I was absolutely stunned. I’ve also had a few moments since then, several during my first paly through of RDR. And a few cruising around in car in the middle of the night on GTA 4. Ah, good
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Change is mediocre

God of War 3's intro sequence impressed the shit out of me when it came out.

Lvl 5 - Silver

if the same games keep come up here i'll have to consider them buying...
    there are some titles here i'd never buy or was never interested in...

Harvester of Souls

Demon's Souls and DArk Souls .

And my triple plat of DS . That is just sweet and epic

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Demon's Souls and DArk Souls .

And my triple plat of DS . That is just sweet and epic
    Dam you Nero i will get back to the Jp version soon....

Demon's Souls Just WOW at the whole game

RDR The ending

Fallout3 Same reason as R3V, walking out of the vault for the first time

Im sure there were lots more

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Check Those Corners

Uncharted 2- that ice level blew me away

GTA 4- Crusin' through liberty city at night when it is night and rainy outside.. ahh good times.

COD4- the multiplayer was simply mindblowing, would play nothing but it now if there was not nothing but hacks

The One and Only

Skyrim - Just playing the game for the first time is just amazing.

LittleBigPlanet 2 - As soon as I discovered the Music Sequencer...

Burnout Paradise
    - Playing through the game with friends when I first got it from PSN a year ago.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

There are quite a few games that have made me go wow but the ultimate wow came from playing God of War 3.I loved everything about it,the boss battles in particular were just amazing (Poseidon and Chronos) but the graphics made me go wow every time,the levels,the scenery all just amazing.A couple of other games to include would be Infamous and Batman:AA.After completing both of them i was not only gutted they were finished with but more annoyed with myself for not playing them sooner.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Since Aug. 09

ME3 the ending was wow...loved it! RDR, just hunting around on my horse aimlessly was awesome. hog tying and laying ol girl on the RR tracks for a trophy was wow. getting chased by bears was...actually the whole game was wow moment for me. Demons Souls, the first 2 hrs of playing it trying to reach the first set of stairs was wow.

Dominate!

Game on....

I know i have had so many of those "WOW" moments in the current gen of games and yet i am struggling to think of any?

Uncharted 3 - The whole cruise ship chapter was mind blowing. The details of loose items rolling around on the ship in the stormy sea and the waves crashing over the sides of the ship. The way the cruise ship turns into a labyrinth after it rolls on to the side and starts flooding. The huge glass roof holding back the seawater while Drake traverses down a giant chandelier...epic. Also the cargo plane over the desert and the London chapters were awesome moments as well.

FFXIII - Eveything about the game had "WOW" moments for me and there were plenty of them. Exploring the archylte steppe and seeing the giant Long Gui roaming around for the first time was epic.

Bioshock - First encounter with a big daddy.... need i say more?

Castlevania - Nearly all of the boss battles.

Killzone 3 - The giant MAWLR and the jetpacks on the snow level.

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    RDR - Rockstar clearly outdid themselves with this game. This game is simply jawdropping from the stunning graphics to the excellent gameplay. Just riding my horse through the plains was simply unforgettable.
    Definitely... RDR has many "WOW" moments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast