Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

talk about hacking a game

This is a discussion on talk about hacking a game within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS I don't think I've ever ran into a hacker during online play so can someone tell ...

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    I don't think I've ever ran into a hacker during online play so can someone tell me why they seem to be so dangerous?
    Pretty much this
    Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur-
    Case in point I dare someone to go play Socom Confrontation or Modern Warfare 2 without running into a hacker.

Bob 'n' Becca

But that doesn't answer my question. Mayhaps I'm just being slow... I just don't understand.

Anyway I was reading about hOw to spot a hacker (on this site) and it sort of turned into a debate. Some (most) people were opposed to the idea which makes since but there were others who supported hacking and even admitted to doing so for reasons they thought were justified. It was a thread from earlier this year.

I personally don't care. To me playing ps3 isn't just about playing games for fun but also bragging about my achievements. Have people gotten trophies for me? Yes. I never paid them. Either I was having trouble wih a specific trophy and asked a friend to help (demons souls/tekken 6s nancy trophy) or they just started playing a random game on my ps3 (littlebigplanet 2/some of the 0% on my account). Now while I would never hack/buy a platinum if someone wants to do that I just don't care. It doesn't affect me. Like I said I like having higher percentages but I don't necessarily care about the leaderboards. No matter How hard I think I'm playing other players are playing just as hard and are having as much fun so we all basically end up in the same position on the leaderboards no matter how many trophies we get before a sync.

EDIT: I'm also realising that a lot of games aren't "difficult". I'm currently playing god of war iii on hard and the game is brutal. But it's absolutely fun. I get my arse kicked over and over but when I succeed I instantly feel amazing. There are a lot of games out there that are "hard" that I've never played but I'm willing to be that with a little bit of patience and perseverance people can overcome them.I just don't see the point in hacking. It seems lucrative and simple but a person who truly cares about a game in some way other than getting trophies will most likely feel like shite after cheating.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It doesn't bother me one bit. Hell I have some friends on PS3 who find and make instant platinum trophy hacks and sell them for money and of course they do it for themselves, but it doesn't bother me. Now if it affect me somehow then yeah I'd be bothered, but it doesn't.

At the OP, you should be proud that you have legit platinums... and these other kids who don't well they will never know that feeling of accomplishment that you get when you platinum a game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12