Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

E3 Will Remain In Los Angeles Until 2015

This is a discussion on E3 Will Remain In Los Angeles Until 2015 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; when they change their location, i think either atlanta, san francisco or chicago would be good locations. atlanta cos its ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

when they change their location, i think either atlanta, san francisco or chicago would be good locations. atlanta cos its a ruddy pleasant city from what i know, SF cos its still in sunny cali, and is a brilliant city (as well as favouring the JP's), or chicago cos its pretty much in the middle + its america's 3rd largest city, just 1 down from LA. oh, and for E3 2013, im really desperate for either a new free roam game, shooter or racer. what i'd love would be a new burnout. NFS:MW is criterions closest hit back to old burnout in a long time... i miss burnout takedown and paradise. a combo of those would be actually be the BEST arcade car game ever...
    PSN: "GREENGOOD29" | Add me for a

Please note
    that I own this particular trophy (the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum), which is VERY rare. I got it with a DS3, and NOT with a steering wheel. I did it! Thus, I am your utter overlord:

Lvl 3 - Bronze

LA is more convenient for the industry. Most of the major DEVs are west coast/mid-west based and it is a long enough flight from Japan to California. Sony and Nintendo heads are Japanese as if you didn't know.
    Chicago is not feasible due to lack of parking.. anywhere. Not to mention where would you do it? half the city is a run down hole (Im not just saying it as a Packer fan... I was stationed there in the Navy a few years ago)
    Atlanta would be ok but refer back to my original point, west coast is where the devs are
    New York may be "the heart of america" as you say but that just sounds like the cowboys being americas team. Just because you say it does not make it true, also California is the technology epicenter.

Really like I said before why does any of this matter to us??? there is no public access. Even if you were willing to pay (I have looked into it) You have to be a registered developer with ESA to even be considered for tickets. Even at that these guys are shelling out millions to crank out prototypes so paying to fly wherever does not bother them... Losing thier prototypes and demos do, so they will host it where the easiest access can be given at the lowest cost to the expo.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraeleus
    Chicago is not feasible due to lack of parking.. anywhere. Not to mention where would you do it? half the city is a run down hole (Im not just saying it as a Packer fan... I was stationed there in the Navy a few years ago)
    Unless you were a recruiter or worked at MEPS, you wasn't station in Chicago and Great Lakes isn't consider Chicago. It would be a good place to have E3 due to the accommodations the city can tend to. If the Taste of Chicago, Jazz and Blues Festival can accommodate over thousands a people a day why not hold E3 there? Yes there is parking in Chicago, that is what the McCormick Place, Soilder Field and I forget but I know there's a lot parking in downtown around the train lines(mostly around the Loop). Last not for get UIC parking. There are a bunch of places to hold the convention in. Security isn't an issues. BTW, a lot of Japanese do go to Chicago.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    confirmed: e3 staying in the shithole known as LA instead of moving somewhere better like atlanta georgia or new york or something.
    WTF is wrong with you?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Touche sir, I can only imagine you lived/stationed there.
    Technicality, Great Mistakes to Chi-town was a weekend pass on the railway away. I will give Chicago that much, railsystem was probably the best I have ever ridden. I lived in Chicago from Friday afternoon to Sunday Late Evening... Until I discovered Aurora was way nicer all around. Does not get around how much of a hole Chicago is, Soldier field? I've seen High school stadiums nicer than that place (although not quite as shitty as Vikequeen dome.) Ever made it out to the Staples Center? (Been in LA a few times myself) 10000000000x nicer than the places Chicago has for large venues. Not to mention weather etc etc etc. Honestly I am surprised they just don't go all out and do it in Hawaii. Less people in the population decreases the accessibility right off the bat and there is no real weather problems there (well outside of the 3o clock rain... at least Oahu was like that)
    But again like I said who really cares in here? none of us normal gamers can get into E3 without winning a contest or something.

Looks like a flight to Germany(Cologne) is in my future for Gamescom. gamescom | Home
    Never made it to Germany when I was over there (Europe) due to FC exercises and limited time for ports, seems like a good reason right?

Closing this account

Yes am from Chicago and Soldier Field has nice parking. I have been to LA number of times when I would flown from Tokyo to Chicago for my layover. I would spend days there to unwind from jet lag. I have seen the Staples Center but never been inside of it. If venues is the concern, there is the United Center. It can hold more people and it is flexibility is better when scheduling non sporting events.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12