Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E3 Will Remain In Los Angeles Until 2015

This is a discussion on E3 Will Remain In Los Angeles Until 2015 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The ESA announced today that Los Angeles will remain as the home of the prominent video game expo through 2015. ...

The Incredible Marccap

E3 Will Remain In Los Angeles Until 2015

The ESA announced today that Los Angeles will remain as the home of the prominent video game expo through 2015. The dates for E3 2013 were also revealed as part of the announcement: next year’s show will occur on June 11-13, 2013.

The organization had considered moving E3 elsewhere mostly due to issues related to the construction of new football stadium Farmer’s Field, which would impact the ability of attendees to navigate the trade show. However, the ESA has worked together with the city and AEG (a sports and entertainment presentation company supporting Farmer’s Field) on a deal to keep E3 in the city for the next three years.

ESA CEO Michael D. Gallagher said the following about the agreement:

We are proud to partner with Los Angeles for another three years. The City serves as a strong backdrop for the video game industry’s biggest announcements and we look forward to remaining in LA. Video games are a dominant force in the global entertainment marketplace and there is no better place to display that than Los Angeles. We look forward to continuing our relationship with the City and AEG.
    This year, E3 generated $40 million in revenue for the city of Los Angeles.

Source: Playstationlifestyle

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

The One and Only

Looks like I need to get a car and drive about 20-30 minutes to E3 before it gets too far for me to go.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Korean Girl Group Groupie

For the Japanese, keeping it on the West Coast is a lot more viable option. They already have to make the long flight over the Pacific, and to add in flying to somewhere like New York, New Orleans, or Miami (the suggestions I was hearing about for where they could move towards if a deal wasn't struck) - it would be likely that a few more Japanese developers would skip out on showing up. Also quite a lot of places headquarters are in California, so keeping it in state makes the most amount of sense logistically for a lot of the non-fan side.

Good for LA, and my fellow Californians in getting to keep our little slice of video game heaven at home.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

if they have to go to another state then they can come to NY
    then i can finally attend an E3 lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    For the Japanese, keeping it on the West Coast is a lot more viable option. They already have to make the long flight over the Pacific, and to add in flying to somewhere like New York, New Orleans, or Miami (the suggestions I was hearing about for where they could move towards if a deal wasn't struck) - it would be likely that a few more Japanese developers would skip out on showing up. Also quite a lot of places headquarters are in California, so keeping it in state makes the most amount of sense logistically for a lot of the non-fan side.

Good for LA, and my fellow Californians in getting to keep our little slice of video game heaven at home.
    I don't think many, if not any, would skip E3. It's one the biggest gaming events each year. Plus, they're not out here for a day or two, they're probably here for at least 4 days.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Lvl 5 - Silver

sometimes, it is not a good thing to change something

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I think Cali is a great place for E3.
    ..not just cause I live here... well just cause dammit!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Rangers F.C

I was wondering if there is a similar games event in the UK , always watched vids and stuff of E3 but don't think I would travel to America just to attend it , but would travel somewhere in the UK , if there is could you let me know where and when , cheers

Lvl 7 - Gold

I just want the next E3 to be a bit more exciting!! This year's E3 was not that much in my opinion, so let's hope LA can make it happen!!

INTJ

confirmed: e3 staying in the shithole known as LA instead of moving somewhere better like atlanta georgia or new york or something.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    confirmed: e3 staying in the shithole known as LA instead of moving somewhere better like atlanta georgia or new york or something.
    you jelly?
    haha yeaaah, you jelly!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Game on....

Hey Ps360 don't hold back. Why don't you tell us what you really feel about the subject.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ehhh i am anyways never going to attend E3 because i am not up for a 6-12 hours flight and 3 hours driving plus that would be quite expensive just to attend E3

PRO Member

I was really hoping that they would come to New York next year. That way I would have a lot more incentive to go, but even if I didn't the live stream would be a lot earlier. (seeing that the east coat would not be 3 hours ahead) And I would rather have it that way.

Sig by Bladia

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

hope they move to the east coast

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    you jelly?
    haha yeaaah, you jelly!
    no, i hate e3.

I just think Los Angeles is a terrible city for anything. I been there on vacation and it was the worst idea of all time.

Atlanta Georgia Is better simple due to the fact that it's a Massive Travel and convention Hub for the USA (Infact E3 was hosted there once). New York is also a Good choice simply because It's america's heart.

PRO Member

no, i hate e3.

I just think Los Angeles is a terrible city for anything. I been there on vacation and it was the worst idea of all time.

Atlanta Georgia Is better simple due to the fact that it's a Massive Travel and convention Hub for the USA (Infact E3 was hosted there once). New York is also a Good choice simply because It's america's heart.
    Or even just moving it a little bit to San Francisco would be nice. The area is a hell of a lot nicer. At least the part that I was in.

On another note, why do you hate E3 besides the fact that companies are starting to want to cater to more casual games (such as motion gaming) into E3 when that is not the audience watching.

Sig by Bladia

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    why do you hate E3
    massive circlejerk fest for consoles and stuff

booth babes that no one gives a shit about and hate. PAX Prime/East banned booth babes and it's shows how amazing it has been because of that.

Cutting off the public from seeing new games and are forced to use paid mainstream magazines/sites/channels to see E3. If your new console or your new game is so amazing, why be afraid to show playable demos to the public?

General stupidity.

You weak azz niggs

You think L.A. is bad? Try going to Cleveland. It's probably a worse city than Detroit and that's really saying something.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i have to agree with ps360... for once. Mark it down on a calender.
    E3 is a massive joke most of the attendees don't even play games they are just in the industry. Look at your average game store employee, they can't even look at a game when they get home. I wouldn't mind if the people in charge have public access... just charge an exorbitant fee to get in to control the crowd, have a industry only day and then a public day last... I dont know, hard for me to get excited for something I cant get into without cashing in a few favors.

On the other hand I do have to agree with restricted access, can you imagine if e3 was anything like walmart, gamestop, bestbuy demo areas? Fat sweaty kids with no money crowding around each other breaking new toys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast