Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS+ Gets The Walking Dead for Free

This is a discussion on PS+ Gets The Walking Dead for Free within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; After browsing IGN, I came across news for the PSN Store for the week of August 7th. Apparently, PS+ users ...

Platinum Procrastinator

PS+ Gets The Walking Dead for Free

After browsing IGN, I came across news for the PSN Store for the week of August 7th. Apparently, PS+ users will get the first two episodes (A New Day) and (Starved For Help) for free. Each episode cost $4.99 so that's roughly $10 free and they're amazing games even though they're pretty short. Finally it seems like they're (Sony) getting back to making it worthwhile like they promised at E3.

Sony has posted a quick update concerning the coming weeks’ PlayStation Plus perks for North America. Keep in mind that these aren’t verified for other territories.

For starters, tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update will bring the video game iteration of The Expendables 2. While it will cost $14.99 for everyone, PlayStation Plus subscribers can cop it for $11.99, a discount of 20%.

When August 7th rolls around, however, prepare for a few fantastic deals. For starters, both Episode 1 (A New Day) and Episode 2 (Starved For Help) of The Walking Dead adventure games from Telltale will be free for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Each game individually costs $4.99, so this constitutes a $9.98 value.

Also, Sound Shapes finally comes to both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita next week, August 7th, and that game will receive a PlayStation Plus-exclusive 20% discount, bringing its price from $14.99 down to $11.99. Papo & Yo, the eagerly-awaited PlayStation Network exclusive, will also be available for pre-order on the same day, where you can get another 20% discount.

Sony has promised another update for PlayStation Plus users on August 13th, including a refresh of its outrageously-awesome Instant Game Collection. So stay tuned for that.
    Source: IGN.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Resident PHD

OK this is so weird. Last year I said I was going to buy Dead Nation when PSN comes back...and then it was free. Then the Sunday before E3 I said I would really like to try Lara Croft Guardian of LIght and then the next day it was free.

I just bought a PSN card today because I wanted to finally get Walking Dead...and now it is free.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

All out of bubblegum.....

This kinda upsets me... I bought the package when this was first announced, and then I was one of the faithful that waited for Episode 2 ( I dont think I complained as much as others....) but now others get for free? hrm... Not going to go riot or anything, but still. This is definetely a score in my opinion, and if you are one of the masses that has not played it ( shame on you Dr. Mayus!) then definetely pick this up. You will not be disappointed.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Change is mediocre

This is great, but what about the people that bought them with PS+? Also, would this mean that all episodes would be free eventually or just the first 2? I hope there are more free games though . Like, scrap the current list and then bring some new ones.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    This is great, but what about the people that bought them with PS+? Also, would this mean that all episodes would be free eventually or just the first 2? I hope there are more free games though . Like, scrap the current list and then bring some new ones.
    Actually I was just thinking this. They give you the first two games for free then you have to buy the other 3 (still totaling 15$). It is actually very smart of Telltale (unless they give you all 5 for free then it is very awesome of Telltale).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

An old-fashioned cowboy

I was waiting for all 5 episodes to be released and play them back to back but since they're free I guess I'll just play the first 2 episodes when they become free and buy the other 3 episodes as they come out.

Level 5 Esper

It's a scheme to get trophy hunters to get the other 3 parts to get rid of the 40% they'll have if they just play the first 2 parts ........

Nah it's probably just Telltale being awesome
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Actually I was just thinking this. They give you the first two games for free then you have to buy the other 3 (still totaling 15$). It is actually very smart of Telltale (unless they give you all 5 for free then it is very awesome of Telltale).
    Yeah it would be a great deal to get them all for free in PS+. If other games were mixed into the batch then it would give me more incentive to extend my subscription.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

guess ill be downloading this as well as whatever else is free next week
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Banned

I agree with Scoggs... maybe not such a big deal but I think it's too soon to give them away for free without even having released the whole thing (obviously not for the marketing strategists)... Season 3 isn't until Oct though.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

patience pays off, hopefully the other 3 episodes will be free at some point in the future as well

Lvl 5 - Silver

For some time now i've been thinking about getting a ps+. Is it worth the 50 euro's a year ( yes, i know you get a lot more for free ) ?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by sept-sept View Post
    For some time now i've been thinking about getting a ps+. Is it worth the 50 euro's a year ( yes, i know you get a lot more for free ) ?
    i was a non believer, then i got it in may and ive probably gottten over $200 worth of stuff, true most of it is stuff that i wouldnt normally have gotten but it was free so why not get it and play when i have some downtime

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I'm guessing its only going to be the first two episodes that will be free. Just like what they did with Sam and Max where the first episode was free. Like Mayus pointed out, its a great way to get people to buy the remaining three episodes after they experience the first two for free.

Quote Originally Posted by sept-sept View Post
    I think its worth it, however, others disagree. I have over 100 PSN games currently and the majority of them have either been free or offered at a discount thanks to being a PS+ member. However, if you're the type of person who doesn't play a lot of PSN games then you'll probably not like it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I down load mora and more from the psn, so thats one reason i wondered if it is something for me to get ps+.
    I get more and more games, the longer i wait, the less advantages.

Lvl 5 - Silver

sometimes i see free stuff that i can't get right now.

Retired

Well, this is great, but these are the only PS3 games we get for a month.

Breakfast and Chill

OK this is so weird. Last year I said I was going to buy Dead Nation when PSN comes back...and then it was free. Then the Sunday before E3 I said I would really like to try Lara Croft Guardian of LIght and then the next day it was free.

I just bought a PSN card today because I wanted to finally get Walking Dead...and now it is free.

For all of our sakes, keep planning to buy games off of the Store

illegal in 9 countries

Bingo. It's a marketing technique to revive flagging sales.

Give away the first two, charge the same as a Season Pass for the remaining three.

Few people will only play the first two episodes, so it's no money lost and sales go up.

The One and Only

I'll try those two games out since I can get them for free.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast