Dead Space 3 article on Act 1: Side Missions

This is a discussion on Dead Space 3 article on Act 1: Side Missions within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; 'Dead Space 3': terror, action and adventure in three acts | The Verge I found this article and since I ...

My Own Worst Enemy

Dead Space 3 article on Act 1: Side Missions

'Dead Space 3': terror, action and adventure in three acts | The Verge

I found this article and since I know many of you love this series like myself, thought I'd add this thread.

It goes over some of Act 1 in Dead Space 3.
    Also addresses the side missions, which from what I read sound awesome.

Anyway I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Feel free to discuss the article and any worries or anticipation you may have.

Here is a picture I found in the same article to start it off.

Toggle Spoiler

Is that a double barrel shotgun mounted under his sub?

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Legendary...Nuff Said

Does anyone else find it a tad strange that all of these gaming websites have recently released statements that say that Dead Space 3 looks to be just as scary as the originals? Coincidence? I think not.

The thing is, everyone ripped on it when the gameplay was premiered at E3 (and for good reason, the game looks like crap) and now they're all backtracking after playing this other level. Knowing EA, this IS something that they could be behind.

Granted, that's all a conspiracy theory. Either way, the game does not look good at all to me, and it will not be warranting my purchase. How I crave a game that lives up to its claim of actually being a Survival Horror.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    now they're all backtracking after playing this other level. Knowing EA, this IS something that they could be behind.

welcome to EA damage control 101

before the game is out they say it's just like the old ones and the ea fanbase eats it up and tells all the people who have actual intelligence that "IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET WHY ARE YOU SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT IT?" Which is a terrible argument (it's like saying "If you haven't murdered someone how can you say it's bad?")

once it comes out and everyone realizes it's shittier than they were guessing the blind fanbases and ea claim all the haters are terrible, get ign/Kotaku to write pages about how people who bitch about it are wrong, then go support gay marriage somewhere online and saying everyone who hate their games are gay bashers.

the worst part is it works (SWTOR, Mass Effect 3.)

meanwhile EA is the worst company of 2012.

My Own Worst Enemy

Wow, I knew it would be the haters to comment on the game first.
    EA is evil we all know that. I don't care as long as the game is good.
    I'm holding out hope it will be a playable and enjoyable game.

Haters be gone, start a we hate EA thread somewhere else.

This is a hopeful thread that Dead Space 3 will not be ruined by the evil empire.

Game on....

Dead Space 3 is supposedly released next year in February which is quite a long way from it's release date. A lot could be changed for better or for worse until then. I am just hoping that the game turns out as good as DS and DS2

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Does anyone else find it a tad strange that all of these gaming websites have recently released statements that say that Dead Space 3 looks to be just as scary as the originals? Coincidence? I think not.

The thing is, everyone ripped on it when the gameplay was premiered at E3 (and for good reason, the game looks like crap) and now they're all backtracking after playing this other level. Knowing EA, this IS something that they could be behind.

Granted, that's all a conspiracy theory. Either way, the game does not look good at all to me, and it will not be warranting my purchase. How I crave a game that lives up to its claim of actually being a Survival Horror.
    I couldn't have said it any better.
    Me, it's all about the original. Ever since, the series has been turned around for action junkies & casual gamers. DS3 at E3.. just looked like any other shooter. DS2 introduced online & announced "less scary / action focus" ..now Co-op for DS3, it's all casualized & mainstream now. I find it funny that a few weeks ago there was some reveal that co-op is introduced because a poll said DS was to scary to play alone. A lot disliked that poll & freaked on well, what if I like playing alone etc. All the sudden some fast ass quote comes out. "oh noes, don't worry!"

Toggle Spoiler

What? you play the whole game guy?^

Anyways, I'll have hope for the game but I doubt it. *goes plays Dead Space*.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'm not as excited for this game as I was for DS2. From the gameplay we've seen it looks to be moving towards a generic shooter more that a survival horror game. I'll just wait and see what happens but I don't really like what I've seen so far.

And didn't EA say they wanted to bring in a more casual crowd into the series? What better way to do this than to simplify gameplay and turn it into a shooter.

My Own Worst Enemy

Oh, the negativity got me down.
    Fuck it I give up surrounded by blue suits, came out with a white flag hollering truce truce.

Seriously its to early to tell but I'll try to remain hopeful that this game will be good.

Lvl 9 - Gold

EA wants to bring the casual crowd into everything, usually to the detriment of the game and the fans of the original in the franchise.
    While I sincerely hope, for the fans of Dead Space 1, that Dead Space 3 is a return to form, I highly doubt it. EA has this bad habit of not being able to go backwards even when they know they've made mistakes and pissed people off. They seem to think that rather than retracing their steps to what made the original great and caused people to love it, they should continue to add more and more features to the game to make people like it again. And that's the opposite of what the fans want.

Reviews of a game that hasn't been released yet should be completely ignored, imo. They are only reviewing whatever they are given, and that is usually only what the publisher thinks will get positive reviews and will please the fans. The real reviews come once the game is in the wild and can be seen in all its splendor, or squalor. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

before the game is out they say it's just like the old ones and the ea fanbase eats it up and tells all the people who have actual intelligence that "IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET WHY ARE YOU SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT IT?" Which is a terrible argument (it's like saying "If you haven't murdered someone how can you say it's bad?")

Wow what a fuc*ing dumbass thing to say. They are NOTHING alike. If you have not played a game you can never be fully sure of it's quality. Whereas murder is never a good thing, and is by far one of the worst things you can do in life.

I agree that you can form an opinion of a game without playing it, but it can never be a fully trusted opinion. I think you can say bad things but not judge it completely. Murder is so unrelated that I find your logic unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.