Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the Stupidest/Most Useless part of any video game you've played?

This is a discussion on What is the Stupidest/Most Useless part of any video game you've played? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; To start I would have to say: The Microwave tunnel in Metal Gear Solid 4. I was just playing this ...

My Own Worst Enemy

What is the Stupidest/Most Useless part of any video game you've played?

To start I would have to say:
    The Microwave tunnel in Metal Gear Solid 4.
    I was just playing this game and remembered how completely irritating and useless this cramp inducing part of the game is.

The microwave tunnel has my vote for all time worst and most out of place thing in any game.
    It ruins what would have been an otherwise perfect game's record.

(Edit:Felt I should clarify on the micro tunnel.
    It's not the tunnel scene itself its the freaking tap triangle that is the problem.)

Well that is my vote, I can't wait to read yours.

(Snake) says, "Have fun with it there is no bad answers".
    Last edited by Self_Saboteur-; 08-01-2012 at 01:39 PM.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Nope, nothing

The credits in pretty much EVERY game... I never pay any attention to those things.

JUST LEAVE ME ALONE AND FINISH ALREADY!

PRO Member

Time Trials and Speed Runs (for those who know, im talking about Ico....God that Yorda's a Bitch)...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

First off, you are insane lol The microwave scene is awesome.

Anyways I would have to go with those retarded missions in open world games that require you to race around the city trying to beat a certain time. That is not what I want to do in a game like that. All of them are guilty of it. GTA, Saints Row, Red Dead, Skate, etc.

Sig by Bladia

F**K AUTHORITY

Just about any game that puts versus multiplayer in that has no need for one (DEAD SPACE 2) or any game that should have offline&online co-op but has none (SPEC OPS:THE LINE) just to name a few examples
    Arguing online is like masturbating at McDonalds sure it's fun but do you really wanna be known as that guy

Platinum Dohvakiin

Collectibles and get "X" amount of kills with "Y" weapons. I mean seriously why do I have to waste my time looking for crap. That I don't even want to find in the first place. And why do I have to carry around a weapon. I don't even want to use. Just to kill 500 people with it. Then drop the lil bastard in the dirt and get the weapons I really wanted in the first place.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

Gotta disagree with the microwave bit, but each to their own. Any part of a game that has trophies that are affected by other people - LBP, Mortal Kombat, GTA etc. And anything that has hours and hours of grinding for one trophy - NGS2 weapon kills, GTA auf wiedersehen petrovic etc...

Also, any time trial. 95% of them can fuck right off. As can most online. And anything I can't do, no matter how fun it is:

PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Resident PHD

Any game that includes walking parts where there are no enemies, story, puzzles or platforms. If I am just walking from point a to point b then it is boring.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Any game that has a checkpoint near enemies. For example when you are playing on the hardest difficulty for the game and you die, it then procedes to load up the previous checkpoint or last checkpoint. And that said checkpoint is exactly where you died and at the exact moment before you got shot, so you end up dying over and over and over.

Feels bad bro

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I couldn't stand the beginning of Fallout 3, the birth scene, walking around as a baby in the tutorial, and the birthday party as a 12 year old scence.

And I love that game, but the beginning was so unneccessary.

No Game No Life

Credits that can't be skipped Unless the credits gives some entertainment then I can manage (Vanquish, Kingdom Hearts, DMC3, DMC4, and some more games to mention)

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by crazyoldjay View Post
    I couldn't stand the beginning of Fallout 3, the birth scene, walking around as a baby in the tutorial, and the birthday party as a 12 year old scence.

I love the beginning of that game.

I thought the kid scene from U3 was pointless as well as the desert. U3 was a decent title still nothing outstanding.

The One and Only

Any game with trophies that require you to multiple playthroughs. I don't want to do more than one playthrough if the game isn't that enjoyable, especially boring ass games.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is an example. One was enough for me. :/

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyoldjay View Post

But I liked the beginning of Fallout 3

In my opinion, online trophies are stupid and are an absolute waste of time!
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Competitive multiplayer in games that clearly don't need or benefit from it.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Uncharted 3's boat scene was probably the stupidest and most dumbfounding thing I've experienced in gaming.

For those that don't know, you go on this boat looking for Sully (gosh, when have I done THAT before? Oh yeah, that's right, in the first two fucking games) and you spend about 3 hours within these frustrating as fuck levels, only to realize that Sully isn't even on the god forsaken boat at all, and that you've been wasting your time with it. What the fuck?! It's like Naughty Dog admits, within the game, that those levels were created to be entirely filler because the game would only be like 5 hours long without them.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Mr. X

Chapters 1-10 in Final Fantasy XIII, there's just no need for a tutorial to end 3 chapters from the end of the game.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Platinum Procrastinator

Trophies that require you to travel a certain amount of distance on a vehicle or animal like the one for riding the horse in Darksiders. It served no purpose and took hours to do as you would never earn it naturally by playing the game.

Online grinding trophies like getting to level 40 and eventually 50 on Bioshock 2 if you bought the DLC.

Multiple playthroughs of certain games because the hardest difficulty isn't available from the start. Specifically the Uncharted series. Screw you Naughy Dog, screw you!!!

Difficulty trophies not stacking, a perfect example would be Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 which require seven, yes SEVEN playthroughs!!!

Unskipable cut scenes and credits. This is even worse if combined with multiple playthroughs as I've already seen the stupid scene and I just want to move on with the game...

I;m sure there's more but this is some stuff that comes to mind off the top of my head.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    I love the beginning of that game.

I thought the kid scene from U3 was pointless as well as the desert. U3 was a decent title still nothing outstanding.
    The kid stuff in Uncharted 3 was awesome. It was really the first time you got to see back story about Drake and Sully. The desert scene is my favorite part in the whole game. You see a part of Drake that you have never seen before. He is weak and to the point of just giving up. I found it a breath of fresh air.

Sig by Bladia

Gotham's Reckoning

Being forced to do three or more playthroughs if the difficulty trophies don't stack or if the higher difficulties are locked until the lower difficulty is beaten like for example Bayonetta and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast