Yet another problem with my ps3...

This is a discussion on Yet another problem with my ps3... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Starting to regret buying this friggin' thing... Anyway, I was getting some shit done on EA Sports Active 2 (been ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yet another problem with my ps3...

Starting to regret buying this friggin' thing...

Anyway, I was getting some shit done on EA Sports Active 2 (been a while lol), and then when i'd finished, i went to play Mortal Kombat. I got into an online game and my controller went mental and I was jumping all over the shop without me touching anything. So I quit to XMB, and the menus were being scrolled both up and left, again without me touching anything. I managed to turn off the controller via the PS button (eventually, fighting against the scroll), and resynced it but this didn't help. I also have plugged it in via USB, that didn't help. Neither did resetting the controller via the pin sized button, and trying it both with and without the USB. I have removed all other usb plugins (the EA Sports dongle) and tried both ports, nothing helped. I have also turned the machine off twice, and still the same.
    Here is a video of something similar to what I am describing :

Any help? This ps3 has had so many problems since I've had it.. good job i love it
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 7 - Gold

Very weird. I really don't have a solution, but it seems you tried everything what comes up in mind... Did you try your controller out on a other PS3 system? So you know which one gives the problem, the controller or the PS3?

Lvl 6 - Silver

i think just think that the problem is in your controller some sort of error with the analog stick or the direction buttons something inside the controller itself is broken or smashed my advice is to try another controller that should solve the problem this is just an opinion out of experience i bought too many controllers back at the day when i thought i could get the street fighter 4 platinum ahhh the good old days nothing beats a bloody finger and a broken controller when it comes to SF games

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Negator

I've had similar problems, but nothing persistant. I thought it may have been interference from another Bluetooth device...other than that, I'm clueless.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thanks for the replies guys, but as of today, it seemed to be back to normal and in working order. Maybe it just needed a few hours cool off :s Every problem I seemed to have with my ps3 seems to rectify itself by leaving it off overnight... so apologies for wasting anyones time replying..

@ Helyx: nope don't think it could have been anything else bluetooth as the only thing I have is a headset, which is never on.
    @ NTGS: I only have the one controller, and no one I know (at least locally) has a ps3, mostly xbots.
    @ Aboelsas: Ha, yeah I can imagine, nothing like a bit of commitment to your craft eh

Anyway, thanks again for the replies guys. Think as I have only had this slim for less than a year, I think it is just being a petulant brat.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Forget I Was Ever Here

Clean your controllers?! mine stick sometimes when my daughter plays with them

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ok, that's cool. Don't worry about it, your not wasting anybody's time. Don't know if we would come to a solution but it doesn't hurt thinking about it at least. Maybe that is even the best idee, to turn off the PS3 and let it sit there for a moment

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ive actually just had that problem, you motherboard in your main controller has gone. It has ntohing to do with EA. SO the only real solution to this is to buy a new controller. Or if you know how electronics work you can fix it yourself like I did.

Banned

The newer controllers are pretty easy to take apart to clean. The older ones really suck with the R1,2 & L1,2 buttons...

So, if you need to in future, don't be afraid to give it a try...

... also, people here like to help... so there's no wasting anyone's time... and if anyone else is experiencing the problem you could be helping them.