Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

3D Gaming / What do you think ?

This is a discussion on 3D Gaming / What do you think ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; For me this whole 3D thing is headache inducing in large quantities. So I never play games in 3D cause ...

My Own Worst Enemy

For me this whole 3D thing is headache inducing in large quantities.
    So I never play games in 3D cause its just a pain as far as I'm concerned.
    But it looks to be here to stay, at least you can turn it off.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    It isn't the popping out at you that is cool (that is just gimmicky) the depth of field that 3d can present is what makes it really neat (it is just a shame that so few movies/games do it right). Batman, Uncharted and Mortal Kombat look amazing in 3d as does simpler games like Super Stardust and Tumble.
    This man has it. It isn't about crap popping out at you, like the good Dr. says, it is about the depth of field that is possible with 3D that simply isn't possible with a 2D platform.

For those that say they have tried the 3D and disliked it, did you actually take the time to set it up? In order to truly get an effective 3D experience you really can't just plug the PS3 in and go, you need to mess around with the 3D settings and sliders to make it look good for you. The settings I like might look terrible to you, and you really owe it to yourself to personally set it up and play it.

Of course the developer has to care about 3D in order for the game to look good too. Some developers just throw it in their game to have another feature on the box and if they haven't put a lot of work into it I'm sure it will be a sub-par experience.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I am not interested in long gaming sessions for 3D, & if you're not planning to game long under 3D use than what is the point in having such features, a waste of money IMO. It's neat, but not that neat. I can barely stand watching 2 hours of a 3D movie. I think this is just a phase or an attempt to excel technology.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Personally I hate 3D aspects, films and games. I liked Avatar because it was something new, didn't think it particularly added anything to the experience though. And as for 3D tv and games, I can't understand the point of looking like a twat wearing those glasses in your own home... If the 3DS can do it without glasses, TV's damn well can, just a money grubber.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg
    If the 3DS can do it without glasses, TV's damn well can, just a money grubber.
    That is to expensive, you can buy a new used car for that price. My wife's aunt has one but she barely turns it on.

Lvl 6 - Silver

^ i rest my case.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    ^ i rest my case.
    But wait, there's more
    It will come just no one knows if and when Japan will allow it or share the tech with non Japanese companies.

Ice Cream Firefighter

I have a 3D tv but I barely turn it on I only have a handfull of games that are 3D compatible UC3, Batman AC, Crysis 2 (reason why I got a 3D TV in the 1st place) & Child Of Eden (YOU HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THIS IN 3D it's absolutely spectacular but not really interesting if you get what I mean)

at this point in time there is really no point in using a 3D TV as there is a really small amount of games/movies/tv shows that offer 3D support but I would get one because within the next 3 years everything they bring out will be 3D but also bordering into halographic as its already begun with the smartglass technology that is currently available

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 9 - Gold

I bought a 3DTV about 2 years ago because my old one needed replacing (a 27" LCD from 2005). As I was able to get a really good deal on it, I bought a Sony Bravia LED 3DTV. While I don't use the 3D as much as I used to, when I would use the converter to play 2D games in 3D, I still watch plenty of movies on it, and I look forward to getting games with 3D support. By far, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the best-looking 3D game I've played. Like dr_mayus said, it's not about the popping, it's about the depth. That game had so much depth/detail to it with the use of the 3D, it was simply amazing.
    While I realize 3D isn't for everyone, I really wish people who didn't like it wouldn't harp on it so much. It's not like it's making 2D more expensive. And you don't even need to turn it off, as someone said. Just don't turn it on in the first place. (thought without the proper equipment, you can't turn it on to begin with)

Lvl 7 - Gold

I was never really interested in 3D/Gaming. I don't know, i think it will die a slow death as it comes to gaming. Movies ok, gaming not sure. As long as they don't drop the prices for TV's where you don't need to freaking 3D glasses people will always hesitate. They should keep refining the technology and maybe one day..

Change is mediocre

I'v never played a game in 3D, but the movies I have watched in 3D make my eyes lose focus, so that would make the game fall apart for me. It's hard to focus on something that isn't really there, like focusing on a reflection glaring off the water.

Again, I don't know if this would be the same, but that is what I get from movies, and it has turned me off of 3D. I hate how almost every movie uses 3D, and does it terribly (with exceptions) just to make extra money.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I'v never played a game in 3D, but the movies I have watched in 3D make my eyes lose focus, so that would make the game fall apart for me. It's hard to focus on something that isn't really there, like focusing on a reflection glaring off the water.

Again, I don't know if this would be the same, but that is what I get from movies, and it has turned me off of 3D. I hate how almost every movie uses 3D, and does it terribly (with exceptions) just to make extra money.
    It depends on the cinema or the TV. I saw Avatar in 3D in a standard theatre and it was terrible. I could see the screen refresh flicker and I couldn't focus on the film because it was so distracting.

Seeing the same film in a HD theatre is a different story altogether, just as it is with 3D gaming. As long as the refresh rate is up there eg Sony 3D Display @ 240Hz, then the 3D effect works without that disorienting feeling.

It takes a couple of minutes to adjust because there's always a bit of colour wash-out in active shutter lenses thanks to the L>R alternate frame sequencing, but it feels natural pretty quickly.

If handled correctly, 3D adds a layer of immersion similar to wearing surround sound headphones and you get sucked deeper into the experience.

Rangers F.C

I was looking to upgrade my 42 lcd tv to a LED tv and when I went to the shop I realised that getting a 3D tv fell in the same price range so I decided to get one , the games have really impressed me but the main reason for the purchase was to watch Avatar in 3D and so far still can't get my hands on it lol but defo think when they develope the technology to where you don't need glasses it will be fantastic

Gothams Silent Protector

Not really interested in 3D gaming, some movies maybe in theatres, but even thats annoying as hell as I wear glasses. Glasses on Glasses is beyond annoying and tiring.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would love to see Avatar in 3D but aside from that it doesn't interest me at all at the moment. I don't think I would be able to focus properly with 3D games. I think I'll stick to my Hd tv.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by missdreamer View Post
    I would love to see Avatar in 3D but aside from that it doesn't interest me at all at the moment. I don't think I would be able to focus properly with 3D games. I think I'll stick to my Hd tv.
    IMO the 3D at home is much better and does not hurt your eyes at all
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Deathless Destroyer

Toshiba Japan Dates And Prices Its 55-Inch Naked-Eye 3D TV With 4K Resolution | TechCrunch

I'd choose this anyway over "3D". It isn't even close to 3D, the only difference between 2D and "3D" is that the graphics in what they call "3D" are a bit more curvier. I wonder what the 4k resolution looks like..
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Rangers F.C

I think its fairly obvious nobody wants to wear the glasses but thats where we are at the present moment , I actually don't mind them but I do mind the loss of brightness and colour but if you tweak the settings properly its minimal . 4k TV's wont be releasing anytime soon there still wanting to make the money back they invested in 3D and LED , plus 4K going to be really expensive and way too soon for people to ditch there current set-ups you are talking 2000/3000 for a top range TV now so realistically how much for 4K , plus there will be 4K blurays and so on , nobody ready to ditch there new stuff yet and there would also have to be PS4/720 on the market as well which supported the 4K its years away
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

INTJ

it's amazing tech for gaming.

just needs to be a bit more widespread.

Gothams Silent Protector

Personally i dont like it. Why? because its expensive and very straining. I wear glasses so wearing glasses on glasses is brutal. That just in general 3D is very straining on the eyes. I just want them to focus more on game mechanics, game play and make sure games are sent out with glitches and bugs rather than the aesthetics of 3D and graphics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast