Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

3D Gaming / What do you think ?

This is a discussion on 3D Gaming / What do you think ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I thought Zen Pinball looked fantastic in 3D...

PRO Member

I thought Zen Pinball looked fantastic in 3D

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've had a 3D TV going on a year or so now in ive probably use the 3D feature about 35% of the time. i played uncharted 3, batman AC, Crysis 1 an 2 and a few others in 3D. it was just awesome.. idk. but for me playing video games since i can remember. i can't see how any gamer would not want to be more immersed in the game world. i remember playing virtual boy when i was a kid in that was just a bunch of red lines in i loved it..lol. i understand the glasses are a bit of a drag. but with this new tech naked eye 3D that this thread has brought to my attention glasses wont be needed for to much longer to enjoy 3D n all gotta say is wow just awesome.. awesome.. awesome...lol. 3D is the future... Game on! 3D or not. for love of the game...
    Last edited by mlange24; 10-16-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

a complete gimmick... dislike it so much gaming and viewing
    it was forced upon consumers, consumers didn't ask for this

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The fact is, 3D gaming, while not necessary, is an integral part of the evolution of technology. This is obviously where technology is going, and if you are going to shun such then you are probably the same backward thinking person who rejected high definition. Companies can't keep producing and selling the same product for ever (in the tech industry), and that is why they innovate and come up with technologies such as this. Don't ignore 3D, embrace it, it is your responsibility.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

For those of you who are sensitive to flicker, you could try using a TV that uses passive glasses. Some LG TVs have these. Instead of flicker they use polarizing lenses. Although I think 3D in games is a good idea, the trouble I have with them when I play them on the PS3 is that the amount of depth is much lower than in real life. On PC games I can get a true to life level of depth but for some reason on console games and 3D movies they only have enough separation between the two images for a fractional amount of depth. Perhaps the game devs think we wouldn't be able to handle anything more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123