Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3D Gaming / What do you think ?

This is a discussion on 3D Gaming / What do you think ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; 3D gaming do you think its the way to go with gaming or do you think its just a waste ...

Rangers F.C

3D Gaming / What do you think ?

3D gaming do you think its the way to go with gaming or do you think its just a waste of time

I recently bought a 3D tv and so far so good , the games that I have played are Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 and both games are fantastic in 3D , but I would enjoy them without it , if you have been playing games in 3D please give your opinion on it and review of the game and if you have not , or would not please say your reason , cheers

Legendary...Nuff Said

A waste of money IMO. Having something pop out at you was cool the first few times you saw it (and once in a while there's something revolutionary such as Avatar that utilizes it) but all-in-all, it's a mediocre feature that doesn't have any depth to it. You can only see the same trick oh so many times before it gets stale. 3D isn't the future of gaming, or entertainment in general. Perhaps a jumping off point for something bigger, but it doesn't offer up much to behold.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    A waste of money IMO. Having something pop out at you was cool the first few times you saw it (and once in a while there's something revolutionary such as Avatar that utilizes it) but all-in-all, it's a mediocre feature that doesn't have any depth to it. You can only see the same trick oh so many times before it gets stale. 3D isn't the future of gaming, or entertainment in general. Perhaps a jumping off point for something bigger, but it doesn't offer up much to behold.
    It isn't the popping out at you that is cool (that is just gimmicky) the depth of field that 3d can present is what makes it really neat (it is just a shame that so few movies/games do it right). Batman, Uncharted and Mortal Kombat look amazing in 3d as does simpler games like Super Stardust and Tumble.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 9 - Gold

I tested crisis 2 on 3d at work and was dissapointed didnt do anything for me, so no I wont buy a 3d tv

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I got my 3D TV a couple of months ago now and at the time i was 3D mad.I played Captain America in 3D and that was nothing special at all tbh.Now AC:R was something different.Some of the cut scenes looked amazing as did the gameplay too.Even though there wasnt loads of shit happening in either games with regards to stuff coming out at you,it was a great experience.To watch a film in 3D is completely diferent to gaming and if im being honest i have done most of my gaming without 3D since owning the TV.I think most people would prefer to do it normal too and the novelty does wear off after a while as it has done with me a bit but still a great feature imo.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Whenever i've tried it, as with everything, your eyes pretty much blend into it over a short period of time.

'Just gets boring too quickly, I mean, as a Nintendo 3DS owner as well, I can honestly say there is no real bang for your buck, especially when your tripping balls from it after 3 hours.

...Although really, exposure to it for that long starts to bring the '15 minute break' imperative into sense; i've pretty much lost all mine.

illegal in 9 countries

I played Crysis in 3D for one full playthrough. Distant enemies were easier to spot and the alien ship level where you float in Zero-G was insane!

I knew 3D would be something I'd rarely use, so I bought a Playstation 3D Display instead of a HDTV.

Prayer Warrior

i for one really enjoy my 3D tv. i spent enough money on a panasonic vera to get a top of the line tv and one that does 3D right. i don't like the 3D tvs that are all pop out at you because that gets old really fast. what i enjoy is the type of 3D my tv puts out and that's depth perception. my tv adds layers upon layers of depth to games i played. those games are uncharted 3, resistance 3, killzone 3, batman ac, mlb 12 the show, dungeon defenders, and a few others.

for those of you who have only tried 3D out on one tv you owe it to yourself to shop around and find one you like because 3D is NOT all the same.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Death is Awaiting....

I have a 3D Monitor and use it for say blu-ray movies or certain games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 4 - Silver

Just going to point out that I don't own a 3DTV or a 3DS. but I have had at least 10 hours with both. (Due to other people I know owning them)

On home consoles, it does look impressive. Not good enough for me to say throw away my current TV and get a 3DTV but it is enough for me to consider getting a 3DTV if my current one was to break.
    The 3D does give extra layers in the games and make it feel a bit more real. Not enough for to think you are in the game (I doubt this will happen for another 20 years at least anyway) But it definitely expanded on the game a bit.
    For the record I played a Crysis game, not sure which one but I was pretty sure it was Crysis (Not that interested in the series). I did also play a small bit of AC:R.

As for the 3DS. This may be because of the games I played since most of them were some of the early games (like rayman 3D.) Honestly the 3D on this was not that good, that might be because Nintendo took a very new technology and put money to try and make this work (Yes glasses free 3D existed before the 3DS, just Nintendo were the first company to try and make it work).
    From my experience I wouldn't really say the 3D in the 3DS should in anyway influence your decision on getting a 3DS because it just makes so little difference (and in some cases make the game worse when on).
    Of course if I played some more recent games on the 3DS then it may be different (Since I only played it in like the first 3 months of release)

1.21 GIGAWATTS

i played AC:R for about 3 hours in 3D and to be honest with i didnt like it, for some reason it seemed to hurt my eyes alot, unlike when i use the 3d to watch movies. but i guess it's just one of those things if ya like it ya like it, if ya dont ya dont. imo

Sig & Avy created by stupot00

Available For Boosting: Add me on PSN: likeAbozs

Closing this account

I have thought about getting a 3D T.V but my current LCD isn't even 5 yrs old yet. They offer it but I don't like having to wear the glasses and if they get scratched, sure I can replace them but what about after when my warranty is up. 3D is one thing that will take another 3 or 4 years to catch on in Japan. If I ever do get one, it would probably be when my current T.V stops working or when Sony makes one.

Legalize it...

I think 3D is SUUUPER lame. If the prices switched at the movies Id pay the extra $2 to have it in 2D and not in 3D. Ive watch and played some good games in 3D with a friend and it just doesnt do it for me. The only good thing about 3D TVs are the higher refresh rates IMO. Also, recently I heard that Christopher Nolan didnt do the new Dark Knight in 3D because hes "never met anyone who actually liked 3D"...

Christopher Nolan on why he didn't shoot Dark Knight in 3D

Now this is Podracing

I have a 3D TV and I play maybe half my games in 3D now. Games that have a 3D option usually do look great like Uncharted 3, Batman Arkham City and Assassins Creed Revelation. My tv actually has a 2d to 3d converter inboard so I've been trying it out on random games and tv shows. While it may not be the future of entertainment and like JackAttack said just a jump off point for something bigger it's still been pretty entertaining for me for the last 6 or so months

PRO Member

Haven't even seen anything in 3D, let alone a game. I can't be bothered to wear glasses for an effect I don't care about.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    I have thought about getting a 3D T.V but my current LCD isn't even 5 yrs old yet. They offer it but I don't like having to wear the glasses and if they get scratched, sure I can replace them but what about after when my warranty is up. 3D is one thing that will take another 3 or 4 years to catch on in Japan. If I ever do get one, it would probably be when my current T.V stops working or when Sony makes one.
    sony does make a 3D tv. in fact they make several but they don't make the best. panasonic in my opinion does

Sony BRAVIA LED LCD TVs and 3D TVs | Sony Store USA

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    sony does make a 3D tv. in fact they make several but they don't make the best. panasonic in my opinion does Sony BRAVIA LED LCD TVs and 3D TVs | Sony Store USA
    That is for U.S I think. I don't want to pay that crazy shipping cost to import it. Samsung and Toshiba makes them and am not to keen on them when it comes to electronics. I haven't seen a Bravia 3D T.V as of yet.

Check Those Corners

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Jack is right, my buddy has a 3D TV so I brought my PS3 over there with BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM 3D EDITION and MLB12 THE SHOW to see what it was like. It was terrible IMO. I could not even concentrate due to the fact that several things were popping at my face, AND having to focus on the game itself. I think they could have made it better by adding A FEW 3D effects, but they made to much pop. I got a headache within 10 minutes, luckily he had a HDTV next to it, because I would have left right than. I prefer HDTV over 3D anyday of the week. HD allows you to FOCUS on the game, while 3D makes you think about 2 or 3 things at once. Just was a bad experience, the only thing worth watching in 3D..nothing. Wasted product. I wonder what 4D is like, and the chance of it coming to gaming next-gen.
    *If you are thinking about buying a 3D tv for gaming, go to a friends house who has it. Do not take the risk.

PRO Member

3D nah, I'm not interested

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

For those that enjoy playing their games in 3D, Sonic Generations is worth a look.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast